Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!
Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
dr9ball
"Lock Doctor"
dr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond reputedr9ball has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3000

03-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs View Post
It's funny how a $25 cube of chalk that actually does even better than it's advertised to do, and has so far pleased everybody who has actually made the effort to try it, stirs up all kinds of controversy over the price...

But when sombody shows up with an overpriced $3000 custom cue, that doesn't play any better than a $500 production cue and does nothing for one's game, that only stirs admiration.
You are painting with a broad stroke. Several people have tried it out, including me that did not think there was enough of a difference in performance compared to Masters or Blue Diamond to warrant the additional cost.

If you, or others feel that it has an increased value over the other options, that's your opinion to which you are certainly entitled. However, those of us who have tried it, and decided it wasn't worth the increased cost are also entitled to our opinions. Both are equally valid depending on the individual's perspective.

Rufus

PBIA Certified Instructor and Proud Member of the SPF Family of Instructors

If you like piano music here's my Fan Page check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/Rufus-Carte...pp/2405167945/

Old
  (#32)
Lumocolor
AzB Silver Member
Lumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond reputeLumocolor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-07-2012, 03:37 PM

I wonder what people called mingaud the first time they saw him show up with a piece of leather stuck to the tip of his cue.

I also like this quote from the history of snooker and billiards "Between Carr and Bartley, it was discovered how "side" (sidespin) could be used to the advantage of players, and Carr began selling chalk in small boxes. He called it "twisting powder", and the magical impression this gave the public enabled him to sell it for a higher price than if they realized it was simply chalk in a small box."

I remember 20'ish years ago when people started raving about predator shafts and others laughed and told them "a shaft is a shaft".

You have people who'll pay $8 for a $0.45 tip that's been dipped in cows milk, goat milk, camel milk, great grandma's last drop of titty milk and some people swear by those tips.

I don't know why people get so upset over others spending $30 for chalk. Maybe Kamui chalk is the same 200yr old chalk in a box, but if people buy it and it gives them more confidence in their stroke then i guess it's doing something worthwhile for them.

Old
  (#33)
TheNewSharkster
AzB Silver Member
TheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
I wonder what people called mingaud the first time they saw him show up with a piece of leather stuck to the tip of his cue.

I also like this quote from the history of snooker and billiards "Between Carr and Bartley, it was discovered how "side" (sidespin) could be used to the advantage of players, and Carr began selling chalk in small boxes. He called it "twisting powder", and the magical impression this gave the public enabled him to sell it for a higher price than if they realized it was simply chalk in a small box."

I remember 20'ish years ago when people started raving about predator shafts and others laughed and told them "a shaft is a shaft".

You have people who'll pay $8 for a $0.45 tip that's been dipped in cows milk, goat milk, camel milk, great grandma's last drop of titty milk and some people swear by those tips.

I don't know why people get so upset over others spending $30 for chalk. Maybe Kamui chalk is the same 200yr old chalk in a box, but if people buy it and it gives them more confidence in their stroke then i guess it's doing something worthwhile for them.

Kamui chalk doesn't give the same characteristics to the tip that a leather vs non leather gave in the 1800s. Really the biggest benefit is Kamui slightly reduces the amount of chalking that needs to be applied. Regular chalk, if applied after each shot, does the job just fine. If somebody likes what Kamui bring to the table I am not going to bust them up for that. Personally speaking I will not being buying a piece of chalk for that price. Somebody needs to get to the market with a good knock off that is cheap.

Playing cue: Jack Madden
Profession: Executive VP of BS

Heirloom Billiards- "I am not afraid to say Customers are not always right"

Old
  (#34)
poolplayer2093
AzB Silver Member
poolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond reputepoolplayer2093 has a reputation beyond repute

03-07-2012, 04:47 PM

i hear this stuff dries out

Old
  (#35)
SpinDoctor
AzB Silver Member
SpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

03-07-2012, 05:20 PM

I am amazed that people will spend thousands on a cue but baulk at spending $30 on a cube of chalk that will last for many, many months. Buy one cube, try it for a week and if it doesn't deliver as promised simply sell it to someone because it's in big demand and someone will buy it.

I play with kamui and think that there is a dramatic difference between it and conventional chalk. It grips the cue ball much better resulting in increased spin; last far longer on the tip required far fewer applications and gives me increased confidence when using extreme spin because I know that I won't miscue.

Complaints about the price are one thing but this chalk delivers on its performance claims and then some...

SpinDoctor

Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

really the banger's???
Old
  (#36)
Jaden
Dun w/da bullshit 4awhile
Jaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond reputeJaden has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5875

really the banger's??? - 03-07-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunoutJJ View Post
The bangers are the life blood for all pool gadgets and gizmos. I really need to come up with some crazy toy, gadget or method that will help any body that VALUES their game.. This------>
I'd just like to point out that I didn't even consider getting it until a friend of mine, you may have heard of him, Louis Ulrich, was playing with it and I asked him about and he said he loved it, at least he loved it a lot more than their tips.

And most people who know my game would refrain from calling me a banger too...

Jaden

just call me lazy
Old
  (#37)
thefonz
It's not me...it's my ADD
thefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond reputethefonz has a reputation beyond repute

just call me lazy - 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM

are there any pro's who use kamui chalk?

Old
  (#38)
sk8ordie
HTTR!
sk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond reputesk8ordie has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
Haven't seen a one on Ustream or recorded matches on Youtube and I watch a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr9ball View Post
You are painting with a broad stroke. Several people have tried it out, including me that did not think there was enough of a difference in performance compared to Masters or Blue Diamond to warrant the additional cost.

If you, or others feel that it has an increased value over the other options, that's your opinion to which you are certainly entitled. However, those of us who have tried it, and decided it wasn't worth the increased cost are also entitled to our opinions. Both are equally valid depending on the individual's perspective.
I'm with Rufus. I tried it for a week and it did as promised. I couldn't believe how far out I could strike the cue ball without miscuing. I did 7 trick shots, one game of 9 ball and a game of one pocket with only one application without miscuing, can't do that with Masters. It does work. It also leaves streaks on the table and a small goop on the cue ball no matter how lightly you apply it, I've tried. But, I went back to Masters. I like to chalk between every shot and I rarely miscue with it and if I do, Kumui wouldn't even help. I never have to use the english that far outside the cue ball anyway. Plus, I leave my chalk on the table all the time.
Please stop comparing $1000 cues with chalk or even LD shafts (I play with a $350 cue). You can have the cue or shaft till you die or even make a great profit if you sell it(depending on the maker). Tips are $20-30 and will last me a year, plus. Kamui chalk will be gone in a few months the way i chalk.

And please, don't tell me I don't value my game if I don't use Kamui Chalk.

Kamui makes great products, tips & chalk, I just don't use them, I have though. People can do whatever the hell they want to with there money. If they think this chalk helps there stroke or it gives them extra confidence, then it's worth the money. Shouldn't knock anyone who buys it and same to the people who choose not too.

Shore Thing Billiards Website
Playing Cue: Bob Frey w/OB ClassicPro- Kamui clear med
Break/Jump cue BW J/B
Case Vincitore C24P
Toilet paper (shit tickets); Charmin
Favorite trick shot; SHOT,SHOT2,SHOT3,SHOT4,SHOT5,SHOT6,SHOT7

Old
  (#39)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

03-08-2012, 03:19 AM

I have not tried the new version, if its not as pasty then it might be okay for me. I tried the old one and did not like it because of it being pasty. I do miscue on occasion like many people do but if I do not get lazy and have a good pre-shot routine of chalking before every shot then it lowers the chance of a miscue unless I hit the ball with a bad stroke.

GO TO WWW.ONTHERAILTV.COM FOR SOME GREAT POOL CONTENT!

Old
  (#40)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
03-08-2012, 04:28 AM

Well,

Rufus hit the nail- there is absolutley no reason to bash each other for a product someone likes..and the other does not like.

I tested it also- (0.98) and i liket it. I m playin also since 1980 and i can shoot 2 balls in a row also with master or whatever kind of chalk.
But i like the feel to chalk for example (of the Kamui chalk) really.

If someone is willing to spend the price,there s no need to bash him for that (i became it as a present, to be honest,- came with a new case). And i m looking forward to the new version. If the marks on the cueball are fixed now with the new version, i ll get one of the new version for sure.

lg
Ingo

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#41)
RunoutJJ
Professional Banger
RunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'd just like to point out that I didn't even consider getting it until a friend of mine, you may have heard of him, Louis Ulrich, was playing with it and I asked him about and he said he loved it, at least he loved it a lot more than their tips.

And most people who know my game would refrain from calling me a banger too...

Jaden

Thats nice bro.. I have a friend named Bucky, Amar, Williams brothers, Max Eberle and MANY other shit fire players that plays pretty sporty The whole banger comment wasnt direct at you in particular but now maybe it was...

What was mentioned before about being able to apply more SPIN to the cue ball may be true but is it necessary?? Last time I checked when you are playing exceptionable pool you dont need to travel that far from center ball. Well you do if you're a banger thats for sure
Honestly

"You just saw me run 62 balls, and you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, I didn't like the way you played it." ~Waterdog playing Straights

Hit a gear at one of those tournaments and have everyone saying, "Who the #$%& is that guy?", then start dogging it and have everyone be like, "Oh, never mind." ~Victorl

Old
  (#42)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

03-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
Not sure but I have seen photos of Thorsten Hohmann posing with the Kamui chalk. I think Mika too but I could be mistaken.

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#43)
TheNewSharkster
AzB Silver Member
TheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond reputeTheNewSharkster has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2012, 09:36 AM

This topic got me thinking. I recently got a Kamui medium tip and it is REALLY hard. I bet Kamui chalk was made because Kamui tips are so fricken hard.

Playing cue: Jack Madden
Profession: Executive VP of BS

Heirloom Billiards- "I am not afraid to say Customers are not always right"

Old
  (#44)
SpinDoctor
AzB Silver Member
SpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond reputeSpinDoctor has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

03-08-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunoutJJ View Post
What was mentioned before about being able to apply more SPIN to the cue ball may be true but is it necessary?? Last time I checked when you are playing exceptionable pool you dont need to travel that far from center ball. Well you do if you're a banger thats for sure
Honestly
It's more about knowing that you have the shot in your arsenal if it ever comes up. What do I know though, I'm just a banger...

SpinDoctor

Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

Old
  (#45)
RunoutJJ
Professional Banger
RunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond reputeRunoutJJ has a reputation beyond repute

03-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Yeah im a professional banger thats for sure

"You just saw me run 62 balls, and you want to keep playing?" "Yeah, I didn't like the way you played it." ~Waterdog playing Straights

Hit a gear at one of those tournaments and have everyone saying, "Who the #$%& is that guy?", then start dogging it and have everyone be like, "Oh, never mind." ~Victorl

Page 3 of 7 123 45 Last »

Tags
1.21, chalk, kamui

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: