Wow, Mark Gray is getting some rolls!

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
you gotta admit though... this is a dude who's only like a midlevel pro on the eurotour,
comes from a different game, plays with a snooker cue... good but not 6-figures good.
A lot of us never heard of him, and he's playing fantastic under this pressure,
making some truly tough long shots and delicate position shots.

I guess he played 2 times before but I missed him.
I think he just flat out won.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tough to do something when there's noting you can do but let's not hold this as the poster child for why the score is the way it is or the outcome in the end, I kind of feel that that's going to be a big topic kind of when people go about defending shane for losing in some match

Mousa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you gotta admit though... this is a dude who's only like a midlevel pro on the eurotour,
comes from a different game, plays with a snooker cue... good but not 6-figures good.

Not by far a mid lvl pro! He won Eurotours and he's been the first player to qualify for the team this year! And last year! (If my memory serves me right at least)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

He's been Europe's #1 player... on paper. Many that follow pro pool know of him.

GB Basher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not by far a mid lvl pro! He won Eurotours and he's been the first player to qualify for the team this year! And last year! (If my memory serves me right at least)

He was the 3rd player to get automatic qualification this time round (Niels was 1st, Jayson was 2nd)
Last year he didn't make the team.
Currently he is No.1 in the GB rankings & Eurotour rankings.
I think he's won 6 Eurotour events so far.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Oh god.. Mark Grey a mid level pro. Lmao
You gotta atleast install a few windows at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Mark Gray is a great player and he locked down that set with his safety play. He was in total control. He did get some rolls but you need them in a short race.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Mark Gray is a great player and he locked down that set with his safety play. He was in total control. He did get some rolls but you need them in a short race.

He did play great safety potted some excellent balls and deserved any luck if he got it, you make your own. Bunch of whiners on here would be saying the same thing if the matches had went the other way.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gray played great AND got all the rolls during THAT match. That's a fact BUT that's pool and it has very little to do with why the US team is getting destroyed.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member

Midlevel? Surely, you jest.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gray played great AND got all the rolls during THAT match. That's a fact BUT that's pool and it has very little to do with why the US team is getting destroyed.

To be clear, since I started this thread, I actually do agree with you.

But the sequence of getting shape off the side pocket tip to get out, and then breaking dry and burying the cueball in the pocket and behind a ball got to me.

Like everyone else, I'm impressed with Bergman--without the rolls, we were probably heading to a great hill-hill match.

I'm rooting for USA to get 6, or more!

arcstats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't believe you've made almost 9,000 posts on this page and have never heard of Mark Gray. Does the ground get really cold this time of year?

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
Doubting Mark Gray or even worse not knowing who he is and where he stands in the world of pool at the moment, speaks volumes about the state of pool in the US. The guy is simply the best payer out there at the moment. He never misses and his tactical game is 2 levels above any US player. He made the second best player out there, Bergman, look like an amateur with his safety. In fact, the last shot Bergman kicked seemed pretty much like a white flag. MVP hands down.