Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Are You Better Off Today than 4 Years Ago?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Are You Better Off Today than 4 Years Ago?
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Thumbs up Are You Better Off Today than 4 Years Ago? - 02-06-2020, 09:53 AM

It is the economy stupid.
The body blows against the left just keep coming.

Do you really believe the electorate will switch horses in mid stream.
Especially if the oppositions platform is redistribution, taxation and confiscation?

Record-High Optimism on Personal Finances in U.S.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
59% in U.S. say they are now better off financially than last year
74% say they will be better off financially in a year
Strong partisan divide in optimism on personal financial situation

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' views on their personal financial situation have been climbing since 2018 and are now at or near record highs in Gallup's trends. Nearly six in 10 Americans (59%) now say they are better off financially than they were a year ago, up from 50% last year.

These data come from Gallup's annual Mood of the Nation survey, conducted Jan. 2-15. The survey was completed after months of historically low levels of unemployment and as the Dow Jones Industrial Average neared the 30,000 mark for the first time.

The current 59% of Americans who say they are better off financially than they were a year ago is essentially tied for the all-time high of 58% in January 1999. That was recorded during the dot-com boom, with conditions similar to the current state of the economy -- a stock market rocketing to then-record highs and unemployment at multidecade lows -- though GDP growth was higher at that time.

From 1998 to 2000, at least half of Americans rated their financial situation better than that of a year ago. However, in most surveys from 2001 to 2018, the percentage saying their personal finances were better off than the previous year was under 50% -- with a low of 23% in May 2009, during the Great Recession.

Record-High Level of Optimism About Financial Future
In addition to U.S. adults' highly positive report on their current financial situation, Americans are also expressing peak optimism about their future personal financial situation. About three in four U.S. adults (74%) predict they will be better off financially a year from now, the highest in Gallup's trend since 1977.

Since Gallup began asking this question in 1977, Americans have consistently been more optimistic than pessimistic about where their personal financial situation is headed, with more saying their finances will be better in a year than they are now. The previous record high, 71%, was seen in 1998 during the dot-com boom.

Partisan Divide in Optimism
Given today's highly politically polarized environment, it is perhaps not surprising that Republicans and Democrats see their personal finances differently. There is a 33-percentage-point gap between Republicans' (76%) and Democrats' (43%) reports of being financially better off today than they were a year ago.

There is also a partisan gap when it comes to optimism about one's future finances, though it is smaller than the difference seen in attitudes toward current conditions. Among Republicans, 83% say their personal financial situation will be better in a year, compared with 60% of Democrats.

Independents fall in between on both measures, with 58% saying they are better off now than a year ago and 76% reporting they will be better off next year.

Bottom Line
Americans' levels of optimism about both their current financial situation and where it will be a year from now are at or near record highs. These views align with President Donald Trump's contention that Americans are doing better under his presidency, and with his use of the economy and job growth as key selling points for his reelection. Republicans' positive views on their finances are something of a given for a GOP president, at least during good economic times. The majority levels of optimism among political independents are more significant for Trump's reelection prospects -- and something Trump will want to maintain in 2020 to stay competitive.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#2)
TexasShooter
AzB Silver Member
TexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 10:00 AM

Great! Another Obama trend he didn’t break. All that time at Mar-a-lago instead of working, has paid off.

Old
  (#3)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasShooter View Post
Great! Another Obama trend he didn’t break. All that time at Mar-a-lago instead of working, has paid off.
sure, cause Obama brought back factories and jobs. LMAO.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#4)
TexasShooter
AzB Silver Member
TexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond reputeTexasShooter has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
sure, cause Obama brought back factories and jobs. LMAO.
What factories did Trump bring back?

Old
  (#5)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Now you are just being obtuse.

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"

Old
  (#6)
TexasShooter
AzB Silver Member

02-06-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
Now you are just being obtuse.
List the ones he brought back.

Old
  (#7)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

02-06-2020, 10:45 AM

My business is in the toilet (a business that thrives on a bad economy)....but our 401k's are looking good.

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#8)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Would you like to wager a little something on it? Then I'll make a list. What's the matter, cat got your tongue? I mean, come on, if CNN didn't report it, it must not have happened. So, how could you not bet on it ?

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#9)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

02-06-2020, 11:12 AM

I’m way better now than 4 years ago financially.

Old
  (#10)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Would you like to wager a little something on it? Then I'll make a list. What's the matter, cat got your tongue? I mean, come on, if CNN didn't report it, it must not have happened. So, how could you not bet on it ?
Careful.
He is already on a ledge.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Old
  (#11)
Stones
YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Stones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond reputeStones has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 11:36 AM

Yep, far better!

Wish I had more time to make popcorn and watch Trump kick the libtard's azzes daily! LOL

Stones

"A friend will help you move but a good friend will help you move the body."

"My girlfriend doesn't care what I do when I'm away at the poolroom, as long as I don't have a good time."

"Welcome to all Pool Players, Railbirds and Other Liars."

…the old Lakota was wise. He knew that a man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard; he knew that lack of respect for growing, living things soon led to lack of respect for humans, too. So he kept his children close to nature’s softening influence.

Old
  (#12)
TexasShooter
AzB Silver Member

02-06-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
List the factories. You seem to have lots of time on your hands. Just consider it the satisfaction of proving me wrong.

Old
  (#13)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

02-06-2020, 12:00 PM

Livin larger I'd probably be driving a Yugo if Hillary woulda won...
Attached Images

Old
  (#14)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

02-06-2020, 12:15 PM

Everything good that has happened in the USA since 2008 is because of the OBAMA started the ball rolling.

ACA akaObamacare is his greatest accomplishment, just ask my UNINSURED Step Son, who still can not afford ACA.

FOOK Obama.

Trump is going to keep Maker America Greater.

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#15)
sjb
evolving player
sjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond reputesjb has a reputation beyond repute

02-06-2020, 12:32 PM

Of course I am better off -- just like I was after 4 years of Obama, and after 8 years of Obama. Steady as she goes.

At least Trump has lowered the deficit and national debt likr hr promised, and is too busy to waste time playing golf.

Oh, wait . . . my bad.

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: