Old
  (#16)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-15-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA
Danny,
I've read all of the replies so far in this thread. You have always come across as an honest person and while I don't know Brady Behrman or even Berry Behrman many have made accusations about them.

Sometimes in business (you're in business) affiliates, factories, suppliers, promoters or even customers do negative things that impact you in a distasteful manner. It has always been my way to deal with everyone and everything in the most efficient manner. While I try to take the high road with most everything I do, sometimes life puts a detour in your travel plans. You can choose to no longer travel down that road to that destination or you may decide to take the detour.

Some people do not keep promises. You have no control over that. I do not see where you have done any wrong by voicing your opinion in this medium, although it must be painful to the people who have caused you pain and loss of earnings. But the bottom line is that Berry has no legal obligation to pay you anything (I'm no lawyer). He can talk to his son until he's blue in the face about getting you paid. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Brady is the one who has to live with this until he resolves the issue.

Since this note is a bit late, it will probably not do you much good. Even so it is just one man's opinion.

If you wish to play in the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship you should play in it regardless of what went on between you and Barry and another event. If my son, makes a bad business decision, I would counsel him on doing the right thing but I would not step in and pay for his mistakes. If Brady were my son, I would not pay his debts for him. He needs to learn the lessons the hard way.

You too, need to get over trying to hold Berry responsible for Brady's mistake in judgment.

Go play in the U.S. Open 9 Ball Championship. Yes you are one of the best players in the country with lots of fan support, but you are hurting yourself, not Berry or the event. The event is bigger than any one player and it will go on regardless of who doesn't show.

Let this just be one of those many lessons that you learn in life and simply don't do business with Brady Behrman any longer. You know the old saying, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

But don't keep depriving yourself of playing in one of the most prestigious tournaments in the world.

Best Regards,
JoeyA
Some pretty good advice here. You are a sage counselor Joey. I have an idea how Danny must feel about this. I think the best possible outcome would be for him to play the Open and WIN! That would be his just reward.

I don't know Danny well, but from all the times I've been around him, I have a lot of respect for him and his game. I'm glad he is still playing pool. I look forward to seeing him down the road somewhere.

Old
  (#17)
brady
AzB Bronze Member
brady will become famous soon enough

10-15-2007, 09:14 AM

I had the mid Atlantic 9-Ball "Disaster" Championships. I was stricken by inches of ice and had more expenses than Danny could even imagine or even could dream of. I lost over 25K. Danny is not the only player owed. We all took a bath and Danny, who thinks the world owes him something, is out of line.

After my event I went to the Derby with my father. Danny came up to me in the hallway wanting to fight instead of talking like men or even remotely understanding. He was ranting "You dont know how we do it in St. Louis" or some pathetic stuff. Anyway, I told him he was out of line but if he insisted we could step outside and fight. I regretted even talking like that. That would not have solved a thing.

Frank has nothing to do with this. My dad has nothing to do with this. Its between me and whomever I owe. Each and every year following my event I have done what i could, paid some entry's at the open and sent money when possible. After danny's display of character at the Derby I havent given him a dime which was wrong i know now.

If Pool Players stood by promoters and attempted to help promote the sport, Pool would go further. Many of the players do and are understanding. Airing dirty laundry never helped anything in fact hurts a sport already bruised.

Danny, Your a great player and you should be playing at my fathers event.

I did not write this to stir up anything nor open up conversation. My reason for this is to clear my fathers name, frank's and anyone else having the finger pointed at them. They have no control nor liability in this matter.

When it came down to the end, i payed everyone I could as much as i could. Prizefund was 61,800.00. Been a long time but if memory serves correct, I was short around 15 or so. The storm cost me 20K+ in unseen expenses. Hotel needed to reach X number of room nights to waive the 5,000.00 deposit for the ball room. Risers couldnt come because of storm so I went with a local company and paid 3500.00 more than expected, VIP's cancelled, the list goes on. It was just a horrible experience when I had such an incredible vision and knew I would do a Great event. Even the vendors, 12 I believe, were affected and I didnt even feel right charging them what was originally charged. I think I had them give me half because they were also affected by the storm in January 2003. If any of you guys (vendors) read this maybe you can think back and remember that week.

If any fans that could attend remember the events, I would like to hear your thoughts.

The next weekend there was a big event in NJ of which they took a bath too because of this blanket of ice on the east coast but were able to pay off. I may be wrong but They havent done another event since.

My event did me in, I went into hibernation and it just drove me away from what I have always known and loved, pool! That event was in 2003, I was 25 doing an event I shouldnt or just bad luck struck. Not a day goes by this doesnt hurt me, It sucks! Think your upset danny? I have more pain and discust then you could imagine.

Don't want to open a can of worms but like I said, want to clear some names. I do not want to get into a heated debate up here with you danny nor will I. Your right, I was wrong.

Respectfully and Missing The game of Pool,
Brady Behrman

1st place Efren Reyes $15,000.00
2nd place Young-hwa Jeong $8,000.00
3rd place Francisco Bustamante $5,000.00
4th place Rodney Morris $4,000.00
5th place Buddy Hall $3,000.00
5th place Charlie Williams $3,000.00
7th place Danny Harriman $2,000.00
7th place Johnny Archer $2,000.00
9th place Max Eberle $1,500.00
9th place Mika Immonen $1,500.00
9th place Jim Rempe $1,500.00
9th place Tony Robles $1,500.00
13th place Ralf Souquet $1,000.00
13th place Luc Salvas $1,000.00
13th place Rafael Martinez $1,000.00
13th place Jose Parica $1,000.00
17th place Nick Varner $750.00
17th place Corey Deuel $750.00
17th place Santos Sambajon $750.00
17th place Marko Lohtander $750.00
17th place Tony Rodriguez $750.00
17th place Warren Kiamco $750.00
17th place Jarrod Clowery $750.00
17th place Niels Feijen $750.00
25th place Hsin Huang $475.00
25th place Bill Blanda $475.00
25th place Mike Davis $475.00
25th place Nick Van Den Berg $475.00
25th place Allen Hopkins $475.00
25th place Dick Lane $475.00
25th place Scott Frost $475.00
25th place Ty Laha $475.00

Article Links:
http://www.poolbilliardnews.com/arti...tic-9-Ball.htm

http://www.poolbilliardnews.com/arti...tic-9-Ball.htm

http://www.poolbilliardnews.com/arti...-Afternoon.htm

More here: http://www.poolbilliardnews.com/auth...BilliardNews/1

Did
Old
  (#18)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Did - 10-15-2007, 09:24 AM

Johnny Archer get paid, or any below where Danny placed get paid?

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#19)
branpureza
Ginacue
branpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 800

10-15-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack
First of all, it is obvious that you know nothing about this situation at all.
I'm still waiting for you to enlighten me.

Quote:
if your boss didn't pay you for money you earned, you would be just as pissed off as Danny is.
Sure I would but I wouldn't go and ask his father for the money...

Old
  (#20)
brady
AzB Bronze Member

10-15-2007, 09:30 AM

Yes.. Charlie, Young, Rodney and danny. Each year after my event I helped my dad at the open and paid entrys and gave $ to charlie, Young and rodney. I didnt see danny again. Still owe a little to those three as well but have talked to them throughout time and they are understanding.

Old
  (#21)
branpureza
Ginacue
branpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond reputebranpureza has a reputation beyond repute

10-15-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R.
Jack, my memory is not too clear about this, but, IIRC, the event in question was held at the Holiday Inn, next to the Conference Center, not at Q-Masters. Barry and Q-Master had nothing to do with it. The event was totally run by Brady.
I could be wrong. Maybe Danny can clear this up.
Quote:
Rich

You are 100% correct.

Well you just proved my point. To which side of the argument do you belong?

Old
  (#22)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

10-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branpureza
Well you just proved my point. To which side of the argument do you belong?
First of all, you have nothing to do with this. You're concentrating on the trivialities, Danny wants his money. Unless you can help out, stop trolling the thread.

Brady,

IMO, you have had more than enough time to make good on the promises you made two years ago. Just pay Danny and get it overwith. Don't send the money to Frank, send it to Danny.

Two years ago we trusted that you would make this right. You made me look as if I wasted my time with this by going back on your word and avoiding this situation. It's not going to go away until you meet your responsibilities. Until you realize that and finally pay the man, you are wrong in this situation.

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#23)
brady
AzB Bronze Member

10-15-2007, 09:57 AM

Removed - Removed

Last edited by brady; 10-15-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Old
  (#24)
tigerallenyim
Hate has no home here
tigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond reputetigerallenyim has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700
 Send a message via ICQ to tigerallenyim Send a message via AIM to tigerallenyim Send a message via MSN to tigerallenyim Send a message via Yahoo to tigerallenyim Send a message via Skype™ to tigerallenyim 
10-15-2007, 10:06 AM

Danny:
I am sorry to hear that you had not been paid. It just bites the bag period.
As the other JoeyA said, I hope it does not discourage u from returning to the event.

Brad:
I do understand ur trials and tribulations in which project turns sour. But what I do know is if u had made a claim, it is rightful for one to claim it, no matter what the loss. Those are what p/l's are for. Without those, u can never really determine/forecast the next project without true loss/true gain. Yeah sure, it will make the numbers look really bad, but at least ur given accurate information to work off of so that the next event will look more hopeful.

I can relate to the love of pool, so i am certain both parties are hurting badly of what had occurred.

m2c

Tiger

"Highly Improbable, but NOT impossible..."

Playing Cue - Viking V105K
Jump Break Cue - J & J

Stowed Away:
Mc Dermott Classic: D-15
Mc Dermott: G-216
Lucasi: D-10
Cuetec: Jump/Break Thunderbolt

TAP-4
APA-5

Old
  (#25)
Blackjack
Illuminati Blacksmack
Blackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackjack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

10-15-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
Blackjack, you seem like a nice guy, we talked on the phone before but you really dont have anything to do with this either. This is between Danny and I. I know you tried to step in and mediate and I appreciate your efforts but this is between danny and I, not danny and Barry, Danny and Frank nor Danny and the world. I think I did mention "Danny you are right, i am wrong". All this talk does not need to be on the only real pool forums (NC for the plug Mike ). These forums should be helping the sport.

Brady

All I am saying is that you know you owe Danny this money. I may not have anything to do with this, but I remember spending a lot of hours talking with you, Danny and Frank trying to come to a solution with this. Nobody was stepping up to the plate to correct this situation, so I did. That was in April/May of 2005. I have talked about this to Frank and Charlie and Rodney. It all comes back on you, not the UPA. The other players have made personal deals with you about this, and I remember you saying that it was difficult for you to speak with Danny about this. It's not difficult to pay the guy $50 a month. If you had done that you would have been paid off a long time ago. Just pay him and get it overwith. That's all you have to do. You gave me your word 2 years ago that you would pay Danny. Live up to your word.

"Turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" ~ Les Nessman

“Dead balls are harder to find than they are to make." ~ Cisero Murphy

"When all else fails, try not missing ... INTENTIONALLY." ~ Steve Mizerak

www.thezone-spc.com

Playing Cue - McDermott D-21 w/ Predator Z Shaft
Favorite Pool Player - Joey Koontz

Old
  (#26)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

10-15-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady
Yes.. Charlie, Young, Rodney and danny. Each year after my event I helped my dad at the open and paid entrys and gave $ to charlie, Young and rodney. I didnt see danny again. Still owe a little to those three as well but have talked to them throughout time and they are understanding.
Yes, what? Everyone was paid but those 4? If so, then you should NOT be treating Danny differently than the other 3. And you owe the money, you should have contacted Danny and explained the situation and what you would do, it's called good business or 'good faith' effort.

If you are going to make amends in some way, then do it, and do it fairly, don't treat 'one of your kids' different because they are red-headed!!!
Kapish???

Plus with the onslaught of the Internet, the rules have changed, things are public now to where they may have been local or regional before, and lovers of the sport want to see that players and promoters are treated fairly and that the sport is promoted in a quality way, like it or not.

Public opinion is shaped by what goes on in our sport, and it matters to a lot of us lifers.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Old
  (#27)
brady
AzB Bronze Member

10-15-2007, 10:17 AM

Removed - Removed

Last edited by brady; 10-15-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Old
  (#28)
brady
AzB Bronze Member

10-15-2007, 10:32 AM

REMOVED - Not Relevant

Last edited by brady; 10-15-2007 at 12:56 PM.

Old
  (#29)
branpureza
Ginacue

10-15-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
First of all, you have nothing to do with this. You're concentrating on the trivialities, Danny wants his money. Unless you can help out, stop trolling the thread.

Quote:
Brady

All I am saying is that you know you owe Danny this money. I may not have anything to do with this, but...
Maybe you should follow your own advise wise guy. or stop contradicting yourself one...

Surely you don't think that Danny bad-mouthing Barry and the US Open just because his son Brady, who has nothing to do with either, owes him some money is a "triviality".

If Brady owes him money, he should take it up with Brady... why even bring up Barry and the US Open when they have nothing to do with it?

Action
Old
  (#30)
srs314
shooterville.com
srs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond reputesrs314 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to srs314  
Action - 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman
and before anyone says I might not be capable of winning the Open remember the past two champion's will not play me heads up on their own $. Of course I would not play 9 ball I would naturally play 10 ball where you may break soft if you don't like your $.
This is the only part I can't believe, Schmidt and Pagulayan turned you down for action?

Page 2 of 6 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: