Unknown "monster" players

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
From about 1971 to 1984 Hawaiian Brian was right there with anybody playing Nine Ball (any sized table) and One Pocket. Traveled the road very undercover and played all the top players usually getting the cash.

I would put Brian in the top five of road men of that era. He was a money maker! I played him three or four times myself to no avail (9-7 in One Pocket and the seven ball in 9-Ball).

JWM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith Thompson was just about 16,the first time I saw him play. Two years later, won All Around Johnson City, 1970.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From about 1971 to 1984 Hawaiian Brian was right there with anybody playing Nine Ball (any sized table) and One Pocket. Traveled the road very undercover and played all the top players usually getting the cash.

The Miz gave him the 7 playing 9 ball and they broke even.
And that was told to me by the guy that backed him and was there.
I have seen Brian play and was in a Chicago (1 & 5) game with him in the mid 80's and Brian could play.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of monsters Fat Randy recently passed away. There is a new thread here about it.
Randy's specialty was on the small table and the mud-ball. He never liked the big rock like Matlock did. On a Valley with that crappy mudball Randy was a threat to beat ANY living human. If he got his break workin' you might be in you chair a WHILE.