IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

CrukedStick

Robert's Cues
Silver Member
Cue ID

Resembles a Schon I have seen, but it should have the name on the butt and the shafts unless someone did a bad job on a re-finish..Probaly a knock off, wouldn't swear to it :grin:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Resembles a Schon I have seen, but it should have the name on the butt and the shafts unless someone did a bad job on a re-finish..Probaly a knock off, wouldn't swear to it :grin:

I don't remember the older Schons having the logo on the shafts but the butt caps did, and if it had it when I refinished it, it would still have it now. Not all cues that come for a refinish are in original condition from the Cue maker who made the cue. It has always been my policy that I will not try to create the original makers logo and even though you have a smile at the end of your post, I find your overall post completely uneducated and out of line seeing I did the refinish.

Last edited:

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Resembles a Schon but the butt cap looks like Delrin. Did Schon ever use Delrin? I have a 1996 Schon LTD. butt cap on mine is not Delrin. Maybe someone changed the butt cap?

markdrums1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember the older Schons having the logo on the shafts but the butt caps did, and if it had it when I refinished it, it would still have it now. Not all cues that come for a refinish are in original condition from the Cue maker who made the cue. It has always been my policy that I will not try to create the original makers logo and even though you have a smile at the end of your post, I find your overall post completely uneducated and out of line seeing I did the refinish.

Look's like a Schon or It's George to me? I've owned a few Joss cues that I didn't like the butt cap on, so I had Proficient billiards replace them with white Delrin caps, so the logo was gone.....just a thought?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look's like a Schon or It's George to me? I've owned a few Joss cues that I didn't like the butt cap on, so I had Proficient billiards replace them with white Delrin caps, so the logo was gone.....just a thought?

It had a white delrin butt cap when I got it in, but it didn't fit correctly, I offered to send it to Schon for the butt cap and logo but the customer didn't want it sent out. So I changed the butt cap to another white delrin cap that is actually threaded on for a more permanent repair, instead of a cap that is just held on by the weight bolt. All of the spec's including the joint o.d. and i.d. along with the diamonds. are that of a Schon. As to what it actually is, I really have no idea.

Last edited:

CrukedStick

Robert's Cues
Silver Member
Cue

No one stated if it was old or new, and there was no insinuations or accusations directed at any one here and there were no indications of anyones work that had been done..I do agree that not all cues that come in are not as the original cue maker had intended them to be..BUT, I have seen way to many cues go for a refinish and come back void of any and all markings with the explanation of, oh, I had to do that to get a good even finish on it...And that is not correct, at all..Anyway, a question was asked about a picture, SO, I gave an un-educated guess in your opinin, but how could anyone else know that has never seen the cue in person like you have. When questions are asked here aren't all the replies just guess work, unless you have actually worked on it. I do see some times that some will ask a question and get many replies and then out of nowhere someone comes along with all the right answers and wants to chastize anyone who was not 100% correct in there response..

So what ever :grin: