Old
  (#196)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Low500's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,622
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Apr 2017
   
08-20-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Do you think it happened?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is not for you personally...just a repeat comment of mine for the "mosconi nuthuggers" and nothing more.
"Don't care what the history books say about Mosconi's 526.
Don't care what Guiness says about Mosconi's 526.
Don't care what Mosconi's homies say.
Don't care who signed avadavits over Mosconi's 526.
Show me the movie film"



"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#197)
alstl
AzB Silver Member
alstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond reputealstl has a reputation beyond repute
 
alstl's Avatar
 
Status: Online
Posts: 8,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Over the hill
   
08-20-2019, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I went to watch John's attempts four times, three in Monterey and once in Phoenix. I witnessed the 390 and the 420 completely and in person. Based on the very high percentage John had getting into the next rack and the months he spent in the attempt, he was actually odds-on to break Mosconi's record.

There was no need to fake anything since he was capable of actually breaking the record and I'm confident that he did.
I watched a couple of those runs where he got over 400. It's impressive he kept grinding. Some people might have quit out of frustration after getting that close and missing.

I have an accustats player analysis video with John Schmidt and Pat Fleming doing commentary on a Schmidt run. I wonder is that's what he is doing now and why it's taking so long to get it released. A run with commentary would probably sell more copies than without.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#198)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute
 
The Renfro's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Knoxville TN
   
08-22-2019, 12:21 PM

Always know your sources.... Congrats John Schmidt!!! BCA has made it official so anyone that was casting shade has been rendered moot.... As you can read Mosconi's runn took 4.5 hours...

Name:  John 626 Letter2.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  63.8 KB


Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#199)
Texas Carom Club
play 1cushion & balkline
Texas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Carom Club has a reputation beyond repute
 
Texas Carom Club's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Houston tx
   
08-22-2019, 12:35 PM

Cool
Lemme know when theres a vid though
More interested to see that than anything else


3 cushion has killed carom
Royal Pro
the revolution in billiard cloth
-"look how hard this easy game is!"
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#200)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
08-22-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Always know your sources.... Congrats John Schmidt!!! BCA has made it official so anyone that was casting shade has been rendered moot.... As you can read Mosconi's runn took 4.5 hours...

Attachment 527832
About time baby!!!!!!


John S. may not be the #1 all-around player. Heck he may not be the 14.1 tournament player or the best 14.1 player for the cheese but, when it comes to "who can put the biggest run up?", well....lol... ole John has always been "one" of the best on the planet.

Today and until someone grows big enough cojones to run 627+ balls (no pun intended...lol ), ole John is the best 14.1 player on the PLANET in an exhibition type setting.

NOBODY....regardless of how jealous they are or regardless of their opinions of John Schmidt are can say even one word edgewise as to who is the best 14.1 exhibition player.

I hope everyone on the planet trys to break his record but, even if they do, I don't see John's "highest run of all time.....with proof baby!" being toppled anytime soon.

CONGRATULATIONS John Schmidt.

Jeff


I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#201)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
08-22-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I went to watch John's attempts four times, three in Monterey and once in Phoenix. I witnessed the 390 and the 420 completely and in person. Based on the very high percentage John had getting into the next rack and the months he spent in the attempt, he was actually odds-on to break Mosconi's record.

There was no need to fake anything since he was capable of actually breaking the record and I'm confident that he did.
Bob, anyone thats ever been around John Schmidt when he was "in gear" and playing 14.1, knew all to well that he is one of the few individuals on the planet that had the potential to beat Willie's exhibition record.

Anyone that's not 14.1 challenged knows John is one of the greatest 14.1 exhibitionist to ever pick up a cue.

I would love to see him catch that gear in competition. Maybe we'll get to see it.

Jeff


I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#202)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute
 
mikemosconi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples, FL.
   
08-22-2019, 01:34 PM

I believe that John ran all the balls he claims and I say that was truly a tremendous accomplishment. Yet I still have tremendous issues with the entire way this whole thing was orchestrated:

1. Mosconi's run was PART of a competitive match, even though it was an exhibition- Mosconi had to play against an opponent for the first 150 points - John's was a solo session in its entirety.

2. Mosconi played in a strange room in front of a strange crowd in a strange town in the middle of night upon night of exhibition travel - John set this all up in one room on one table that he set up to be as easy as possible. I am a 75 ball runner every day on the equipment and pocket sizes John selected, but I struggle at runs half that amount on Diamond 4 1/2 pro cut pockets - John chose to use NOT the standard equipment of pros today, to me that was a cop-out- you are a 20019 pro so use that equipment!

3. I would consider John's record a "practice" record, NOT a competitive or "Exhibition" record - to me it was definitely neither competitive/ exhibition- or a combination in any form what so ever. I think the BCA was very clear in their release to NOT label John's accomplishment as an exhibition record.

4. Honestly I am 100% convinced that Mosconi and several others could have run more than John did if there was any serious motivation to do this - I will include guys like Mike Eufemia, George Rood, Harold Worst just as a starting point of other guys who had that level of 14.1 talent- just no reason to sit in a room for months at a time trying to do this! I still don't know why he did this - I mean- it was estimated that Babe Ruth received 3,000 pitches the year he hit 60 homers- NOBODY locked themselves in a ballpark day after day and counted how many batting practice homers they hit for every 3,000 pitches received- it would seem ridiculous to anyone- yet basically that it what John did for the run record!

5. As I said- I am sure John accomplished this run and Congrats to him for what it is due.

Last edited by mikemosconi; 08-22-2019 at 01:49 PM.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#203)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute
 
jay helfert's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 27,152
vCash: 500
iTrader: 136 / 100%
Join Date: Nov 2004
   
08-22-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
I believe that John ran all the balls he claims and I say that was truly a tremendous accomplishment. Yet I still have tremendous issues with the entire way this whole thing was orchestrated:

1. Mosconi's run was PART of a competitive match, even though it was an exhibition- Mosconi had to play against an opponent for the first 150 points - John's was a solo session in its entirety.

2. Mosconi played in a strange room in front of a strange crowd in a strange town in the middle of night upon night of exhibition travel - John set this all up in one room on one table that he set up to be as easy as possible. I am a 75 ball runner every day on the equipment and pocket sizes John selected, but I struggle at runs half that amount on Diamond 4 1/2 pro cut pockets - John chose to use NOT the standard equipment of pros today, to me that was a cop-out- you are a 20019 pro so use that equipment!

3. I would consider John's record a "practice" record, NOT a competitive or "Exhibition" record - to me it was definitely neither competitive/ exhibition- or a combination in any form what so ever. I think the BCA was very clear in their release to NOT label John's accomplishment as an exhibition record.

4. Honestly I am 100% convinced that Mosconi and several others could have run more than John did if there was any serious motivation to do this - I will include guys like Mike Eufemia, George Rood, Harold Worst just as a starting point of other guys who had that level of 14.1 talent- just no reason to sit in a room for months at a time trying to do this! I still don't know why he did this - I mean- it was estimated that Babe Ruth received 3,000 pitches the year he hit 60 homers- NOBODY locked themselves in a ballpark day after day and counted how many batting practice homers they hit for every 3,000 pitches received- it would seem ridiculous to anyone- yet basically that it what John did for the run record!

5. As I said- I am sure John accomplished this run and Congrats to him for what it is due.
That sir was a back handed compliment if I ever heard one. I think that one thing John proved with his quest was how difficult it truly is to run 500+ balls. I'm not sure we will see anyone else try to duplicate or surpass what he's done for a long time.


http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order More Pool Wars
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#204)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,954
vCash: 500
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
   
08-22-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
... 3. ... I think the BCA was very clear in their release to NOT label John's accomplishment as an exhibition record. ...
"After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt's 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record."

[See post #137 above.]
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#205)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 13,237
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2005
   
08-22-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
"After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt's 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record."

[See post #137 above.]

Great. All well and good. Fabulous.

Show me the unedited video.

Lou Figueroa
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#206)
9 Ball Fan
Darth Maximus
9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute9 Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
 
9 Ball Fan's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2019
   
08-22-2019, 05:40 PM

I'm sure it probably happened; but it's been so long since it happened, that I keep forgetting about it.


Favorite Cues:
Meucci Pro Series
1990s Viking
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#207)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute
 
mikemosconi's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples, FL.
   
08-22-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLarge View Post
"After viewing the unedited video, the Billiard Congress of America is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt's 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record."

[See post #137 above.]
Right! & the BCA GOES on in paragraph #4 to CLARIFY that " after Mosconi won an exhibition match he continued to go on to his 526 run while John S made an intentional attempt to break the record -- they clearly in paragraph 4 want to separate HOW the two runs were accomplished in terms of the actual setting and it CLEARLY CONFLICTS with their opening statement that this is a new exhibition high run.

I think it is a flaw in how the statement/declaration was prepared- or was it intentional? Seems to me the final paragraph was added intentionally to "officially" qualify the conditions under which this all occurred. Otherwise- somebody explain the reason for how the last paragraph is worded, or why it was added at all?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#208)
one stroke
AzB Silver Member
one stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond reputeone stroke has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 6,207
vCash: 500
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chesapeake Beach
   
08-22-2019, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
Right! & the BCA GOES on in paragraph #4 to CLARIFY that " after Mosconi won an exhibition match he continued to go on to his 526 run while John S made an intentional attempt to break the record -- they clearly in paragraph 4 want to separate HOW the two runs were accomplished in terms of the actual setting and it CLEARLY CONFLICTS with their opening statement that this is a new exhibition high run.

I think it is a flaw in how the statement/declaration was prepared- or was it intentional? Seems to me the final paragraph was added intentionally to "officially" qualify the conditions under which this all occurred. Otherwise- somebody explain the reason for how the last paragraph is worded, or why it was added at all?
In the words of the great Hillary Clinton what difference does it make lol short answer is it doesn't because simply no body really cares , pool simply is a after thought , when Willie did it was daily news mainstream everyone knew pool mattered then , long answer see short answer ,
The difference is Wille was the best on every level his run was backed up with numerous titles and world records he was on a who who's list everyone in the wold knew who he was , not a guy that's on the who is that guy list , it is what it is





1
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#209)
AtLarge
AzB Gold Member
AtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond reputeAtLarge has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 10,954
vCash: 500
iTrader: 77 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2008
   
08-22-2019, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemosconi View Post
Right! & the BCA GOES on in paragraph #4 to CLARIFY that " after Mosconi won an exhibition match he continued to go on to his 526 run while John S made an intentional attempt to break the record -- they clearly in paragraph 4 want to separate HOW the two runs were accomplished in terms of the actual setting and it CLEARLY CONFLICTS with their opening statement that this is a new exhibition high run.

I think it is a flaw in how the statement/declaration was prepared- or was it intentional? Seems to me the final paragraph was added intentionally to "officially" qualify the conditions under which this all occurred. Otherwise- somebody explain the reason for how the last paragraph is worded, or why it was added at all?
Geesh; they just provided a little more information/detail. Both the first and last sentences (prior to the "About BCA" stuff) of the release call John's accomplishment a new "exhibition high run" record.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#210)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 2,353
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: At the table
   
08-22-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
That sir was a back handed compliment if I ever heard one. I think that one thing John proved with his quest was how difficult it truly is to run 500+ balls. I'm not sure we will see anyone else try to duplicate or surpass what he's done for a long time.
I agree. Backhanded is a nice way to put it.

IMO, it was downright disrespectful and shows a lack of class on their part.

Jay, we both know that this world needs the uneducated, otherwise instructors wouldn't have anyone to educate.


I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 14 of 97 « First 4121314 15162464 Last »

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.