Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball.
Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#76)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
True. However, that final line in every system/method is determined by what looks right, just like the pre-pivot/sweep line in CTE.

Regardless of which system or method you use, when you're down looking through or directly at ccb (or that perfect halftip offset) you must make fine adjustments/tweaks to ensure your stroke is on the line that looks right. As Stan says here (https://youtu.be/6Dgsn2xaif0?t=150s), the amount of tweaking used on any given CTE shot is or should be equivalent to that used on any straight in shot. In other words, you use your eyes (like everyone does, regardless of which system you use) to determine where your cue should be when you drop down on the shot, and you make it fit in accordance with what your eyes are seeing. This is where experience comes in. Without experience you really won't have that feeling or knowledge that your body and stroke are dead on line with what you are seeing.
But since you brought it up again, like you've been told before, the Tweak is to center cue ball. If CTE is performed correctly center cue should look correct, so any tweaking is only to center cue ball. Hopefully this clears up your misrepresentations of this video once and for all.

Old
  (#77)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Funny thing is why bring up CTE. We were talking in general terms and you go to a system that you have proven that you know very little about.. Why not talk about poolology as it relates to our conversation?
Funny thing....this is a thread about mastering aiming, and with that comes a variety of different methods and systems that one can learn and possibly master. Low500 brought up CTE, as usual, and the importance of USING YOUR EYES to aim and align.

Don't get carried away into thinking I'm downing CTE. I'm just pointing out the reality and importance of experience and knowledge when it comes to aiming, the ability know what you are looking at and know or feel that your stroke/body is aligned properly with what you're seeing. Low seems to believe that only CTE involves the coordination of eyes and alignment.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#78)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Funny thing....this is a thread about mastering aiming, and with that comes a variety of different methods and systems that one can learn and possibly master. Low500 brought up CTE, as usual, and the importance of USING YOUR EYES to aim and align.

Don't get carried away into thinking I'm downing CTE. I'm just pointing out the reality and importance of experience and knowledge when it comes to aiming, the ability know what you are looking at and know or feel that your stroke/body is aligned properly with what you're seeing. Low seems to believe that only CTE involves the coordination of eyes and alignment.
Funny thing... You replied to me not Low.

Old
  (#79)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
But since you brought it up again, like you've been told before, the Tweak is to center cue ball. If CTE is performed correctly center cue should look correct, so any tweaking is only to center cue ball. Hopefully this clears up your misrepresentations of this video once and for all.
CookieMan....ignorant pool simpletons actually believe that "using the eyes is all the same no matter what".
As we know, they couldn't be more incorrect. That is because they have chosen closed minded ignorance as a way of life.
Let 'em eat cake, my man.
One of my joys, after being lectured by them for years, is in watching them flounder helplessly.

"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."

Old
  (#80)
canwin
AzB Silver Member
canwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond reputecanwin has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
When a pool shooter comes out of the dark ages by learning CTE ProOne and discovers how to REALLY use the eyes to fall precisely on that shot line, a whole new world opens up. A world that most never, ever, will enjoy....due to their closed minds.
Too bad for those who won't wake up to this (some who are very intelligent with books, math, and geometry).....but alas, how easily things go wrong. They will pay the price for choosing ignorance.
Any thread with low 500 or whatever should be titled 'master the art of baiting' ! Case closed..

Old
  (#81)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Funny thing... You replied to me not Low.
You aren't that ignorant. I was replying to you directly, because you are the one that asked why I mentioned CTE. Try thinking before you comment. Or better yet, don't comment at all.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#82)
BC21
Poolology

10-20-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
No. The tweak is not to center cb. According to Stan, the tweak is PRE-PIVOT. This makes perfect sense because you are trying to align your body and stroke to that half-tip offset prior to pivoting. Once you pivot you are supposed to be dead on the shot line. But after getting your visuals and then drop down into the shot, you must ensure your stroke and body are following your eyes. This is where the tweaking, if needed, comes into the picture. It's the same way with any aiming method where you visualize a line (while standing) that your stroke needs to be on, then when you bend down to the cb you use your best experience/feel to ensure you are on that line, which might involve a little tweak here and there, or as Stan says, a "tick" to the left or right.

For anyone interested in CTE please disregard Cookie and Low500 and get your info directly from Stan Shuffett's YouTube vids. Here Stan shows exactly what I'm talking about. First he shoots a straight forward non-CTE shot, tweaking the ccb alignment,
then he shoots the same shot using CTE and describes the tweaking of that visual to ensure tge pivot does in fact get you to the shot line....https://youtu.be/nAA8HDvWt4E?t=300s

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#83)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You aren't that ignorant. I was replying to you directly, because you are the one that asked why I mentioned CTE. Try thinking before you comment. Or better yet, don't comment at all.
Lmao did i touch a nerve

Old
  (#84)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-20-2019, 01:45 PM

But yes, anyone interested in CTE should just relax until the book comes out.

Definitely don't listen to BC21, he misinterprets ALOT of CTE information.

Last edited by cookie man; 10-20-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Old
  (#85)
BC21
Poolology

10-20-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Lmao did i touch a nerve
Lol. I guess you did touch a nerve. I no longer give my opinion on CTE. Instead, I quote Stan and post links to his videos so others can watch and listen to the words and instructions straight from him. And you act like that "misinterprets" his teaching.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#86)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Silver Member
JackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Lol. I guess you did touch a nerve. I no longer give my opinion on CTE. Instead, I quote Stan and post links to his videos so others can watch and listen to the words and instructions straight from him. And you act like that "misinterprets" his teaching.
Get a room you two.

lol j/k

Old
  (#87)
8pack
They call me 2 county !
8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute8pack has a reputation beyond repute

Smile 10-20-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
He's not Stan
The word is that he let Stan have access to his account.

Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.

Old
  (#88)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
Word is that he tried to give Stormy Daniels access to his account, but she didn't want it.
No really, she REALLY didn't want it.

Old
  (#89)
Low500
AzB Silver Member
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

10-20-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
But yes, anyone interested in CTE should just relax until the book comes out.
Definitely don't listen to BC21, he misinterprets A LOT of CTE information.
CookieMan, as you and I both know, there is no manual pivot for PRO ONE. (Pro One being the absolute stone cold nuts to me.) Manual Pivoting occurs in BASIC CTE.
The pool simpletons are very weak in their overall CTE PRO ONE knowledge. (Of course, that is to be expected since these are the guys who pretty much think they know everything about everything). They, in reality, have allowed their egos to choose ignorance.
They will never look at the Truth Series or Stan's book either.
Let 'em eat cake.

"It is almost impossible to free simpletons from the chains they revere."

Last edited by Low500; 10-20-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Old
  (#90)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-21-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pack View Post
I can tell you that you have gotten the wrong "word".

Page 6 of 7 « First 456 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: