AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Room Owner Discussion
Reload this Page How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State or Nation?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State/ Nation / City?
Old
  (#1)
al-capool
Imagine all the people...
al-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Unhappy How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State/ Nation / City? - 05-10-2015, 02:19 AM

What is the normal price for 1 hour of Pool in your State / Nation / City?

In our Poolhall (Biel in Switzerland) if you're not a member you pay 18 $ (=18 Swiss Francs) for 1 hour of Poolbilliard!
Btw 16 - 20 $ is the average price for 1 hour of Pool, here in Switzerland!

IMO that's definitely too much!

Because sadly I most admit that the decreasing of the interest for Poolbilliard seems not to stop! Of course especially from springtime to autumn, but also the passed winters, the tables in our Poolroom were and still are most of times not occupied and we only have 11 tables! (Five 9" and six 8" Pooltables)
Even at tournaments with good money prices, the number of players is still diminishing! Also when we make special offers, that doesn't affect much the number of visitors! For example: During April 2014 and 2015 we had from Wednesday to Sunday, from 8 PM to closure: Free Poolbilliard for the ladies! It hadn't a big success at all…

So something else has to change as well:
IMO it's still better for the business to invite people with low prices and let them pay for example only the half = 9 $ for 1 hour of Pool and having a good filled Poolhall! Instead to let them pay 18 $ and having again and again an empty Poolhall ... ! ?

KR, Roberto (Al Capool)

Last edited by al-capool; 10-22-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Updated, the exchange rate is now quit precise 1:1

Old
  (#2)
oldschool1478
AzB Silver Member
oldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond reputeoldschool1478 has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2015, 04:21 AM

Switzerland has the highest cost of living in the world. Here in the US the average hour of pool on a 9 foot table is around $8 -12. Still too much for me, as I was playing 4 to 8 hours a week.
I finally bought a used Diamond 9 foot table of my own, that I play or practice on every day, and no longer have to suffer all that cigarette smoke and $4 beer.

Maybe a members only non-profit pool club could work, in this day when young people are losing interest in the game.

Do you understand what you know?

I often appropriate what I deem appropriate.

Old
  (#3)
crabbcatjohn
AzB Silver Member
crabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond reputecrabbcatjohn has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2015, 07:17 AM

3 bucks a hour here in Kentucky

Oregon
Old
  (#4)
Poolshootindon
Registered Pool Offender
Poolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond reputePoolshootindon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 75

Oregon - 05-10-2015, 07:32 AM

Around $4 to $5 dollars an hr in Oregon

Old
  (#5)
jaetee
rack master ;)
jaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond reputejaetee has a reputation beyond repute

05-10-2015, 07:48 AM

Palm Harbor, Florida

I think the rate is $5 per hour, per person...

I don't know for sure because, as a league player I get a lot of free table time. In fact, I'm pretty sure I get more $$ in free table time as I pay in league fees. In other words, the league pays for itself in free table time, plus...

Last edited by jaetee; 05-10-2015 at 09:36 AM.

Pool time in St. Louis, MO USA
Old
  (#6)
afftonbilliards
AzB Silver Member
afftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond repute

Pool time in St. Louis, MO USA - 05-10-2015, 08:56 PM

We charge $4.25 per hour per person or you can rent the table for a flat rate of $12.00 per hour and include as many players as you wish. These prices include a sales tax. By the way, the pricing is prorated - if you only play for 45 minutes the dollar amount is adjusted.

Affton Billiards is an eight table facility: 7 - 9' and 1 - 8'. The business is over 50 years old and offers no bar or food other than snacks and soft drinks. There are not many in the midwest like this anymore. The pricing does not allow much in the way of discounts or specials.

What is played most in Switzerland; snooker, pocket pool or 3 cushion? Would you say the rooms are "upscale" or bare bones? The ones I was able to view online looked as though they reflect the prices you mentioned. Keep in mind the cost of real estate is almost the driving factor in pricing.

Thank you for your post as it is good to visit with pool playing friends from around the world.

Big Al

PS: Are the prices you mentioned per person or for the table regardless of number of players?

Last edited by afftonbilliards; 05-10-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Old
  (#7)
Kamikazecuetips
AzB Silver Member
Kamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond reputeKamikazecuetips has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2015, 07:11 AM

$2.00/hour here in Albuquerque, NM. We get half price, since we shoot 3-4 times/week 6 to 8 hours sessions.

For high quality, great performing tips that are 50%-75% lower in cost, as compared to others, visit us at www.kamikazecuetips.com

Try one of our's....."You just might have a new favorite"...

Old
  (#8)
goldball
AzB Bronze Member
goldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond reputegoldball has a reputation beyond repute

05-11-2015, 07:15 AM

12 dollars an hour in Sydney, Australia.

Old
  (#9)
al-capool
Imagine all the people...
al-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond repute

Smile 05-11-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afftonbilliards View Post
We charge $4.25 per hour per person or you can rent the table for a flat rate of $12.00 per hour and include as many players as you wish. These prices include a sales tax. By the way, the pricing is prorated - if you only play for 45 minutes the dollar amount is adjusted.

Affton Billiards is an eight table facility: 7 - 9' and 1 - 8'. The business is over 50 years old and offers no bar or food other than snacks and soft drinks. There are not many in the midwest like this anymore. The pricing does not allow much in the way of discounts or specials.

What is played most in Switzerland; snooker, pocket pool or 3 cushion? Would you say the rooms are "upscale" or bare bones? The ones I was able to view online looked as though they reflect the prices you mentioned. Keep in mind the cost of real estate is almost the driving factor in pricing.

Thank you for your post as it is good to visit with pool playing friends from around the world.

Big Al

PS: Are the prices you mentioned per person or for the table regardless of number of players?
Thank you my friend. Yes I forget to mention that these 18 $ / hour, are for the table regardless of the number of players!

But IMO that's still too much! In relation to my pay-check and how much other things costing here ...

To answer your questions:

Our five 9" tables are good Diamond's, they're all in a good condition and quite difficult to play! I love to play on them!
The six 8" tables are made by Whoknowsit Inc. the cushions are done and the pockets are eating the balls, like Homer Simpson his Donuts...

In Switzerland Pool is clearly peoples favorite Billard, a very few persons prefer Snooker and even many less play carom and maybe 1% of them play 3 cushion.

We mainly play fast games, like 9-Ball, 8-Ball and 10-Ball. (In this order) But a little bit of 14/1 too.
I never understood why games like One-Pocket or Bankpool didn't became popular here in Europe? Personally I love One Pocket and Bank-Pool is not only a cool game, its also funny to play and watch too!

All the best to you and yours, Roberto (Al Capool)

Last edited by al-capool; 10-22-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Updated, the exchange rate is now quite precise 1:1 ( 10-20-2015)

Whoknowsit, Inc. pool tables
Old
  (#10)
afftonbilliards
AzB Silver Member
afftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond reputeafftonbilliards has a reputation beyond repute

Whoknowsit, Inc. pool tables - 05-11-2015, 06:17 PM

Roberto, you really caught me off guard with that one! I searched the internet like crazy looking for Whoknowsit, Inc. - I just had to find out about that brand. I was so intent on the tables I didn't get your meaning. HaHaHa.
By the way, do think the Real King Cobra set up the Diamonds in Switzerland? And, are Homer's donuts jelly?

Big Al

Old
  (#11)
nbkvig2
Pool Hall Owner
nbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond reputenbkvig2 has a reputation beyond repute

05-13-2015, 05:13 PM

Here in Southern California, the rates vary by a lot depending on which area you're in. Ranges from $5-$25 an hr, with the latter being for snooker. Majority are pay by hour per table, a few does per person for happy hour.

I'm in a similar predicament as you are. In the past, I've changed the rate thinking it was the rate that was either too high or too low, and I've noticed a lot of times it's not just the rate. I really had to do a lot of homework on the demographics of the area in order to make an accurate adjustment.

Also, a suggestion box or asking your frequent customers for feedback might help as well. I'm very open to ideas and feedbacks from my regulars and I noticed it has helped a lot before I make any adjustments to the business.

Old
  (#12)
BisonBilliards
BisonBilliards.com
BisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond reputeBisonBilliards has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2015, 06:48 AM

Here in Buffalo, NY, we charge $5/hr. for a single person, $8/hr. for 2 people, and another $2/hr. for each additional player.

Old
  (#13)
croscoe
Looking to Improve
croscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond reputecroscoe has a reputation beyond repute

05-19-2015, 12:00 PM

Goota Love it here...

Schemengees: $5 all day prior to like 6pm ( or if you wish $8 hr)
DAAAAA READ THE SIGN

League players practice FREE any time if a table is available.

Old
  (#14)
ctyhntr
RIP Ginky
ctyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond reputectyhntr has a reputation beyond repute

05-24-2015, 09:27 AM

In Manhattan, New York City my local pool hall charges $8-11 dollar per hour, and $36-$39 for a powerplay that last from 11AM to 5PM.

In Queens, 3 hours for $20.

My ego is writing checks that my stroke can't cash.

Old
  (#15)
erriep
AzB Silver Member
erriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond reputeerriep has a reputation beyond repute

05-25-2015, 02:20 AM

in Paris , the billard club nation/"shoot again" poolroom charges 15€/17$ per hour the week end, day price 13€/15$ per hour.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: