Is this really a Bob Runde 1 of 1 Custom Schon?

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
COULD THIS REALLY BE A BOB RUNDE 1 OF 1 CUSTOM SCHON CUE? OR WAS IT MADE LATER THAN 1992?

Oronzo, a friend of mine, wants to buy from another Pool player his old Schon Cue. The Pool player says that his Cue is over 20 years old and it's a 1 of 1 Custom Schon…!?
I told Oronzo if this Schon is really a 1 of 1 and has been made at 1992 or even before, there are very big chances that Bob Runde made it and in that case, the worth of the cue increased by sure!
But if this Schon has been made after 1992, probably Evan Clarke made it and that would mean that this cue wouldn't have as much worth, as if Bob Runde made it! Am I right, so far?
The reseller already sent the cue to a cue maker (with a good rep.) to have it refreshed, for selling it.

That's why I only have and can show you yet these 2 pictures, which my friend Oronzo has got by E-Mail, from the reseller!

On the pictures you can see that the forearm and the butt sleeve of this Schon are made of Ebony, the inlayed arrows are made of BEM and the long inlayed diamonds are made of real nice MOP. Silver or nickel ring works at the B, C and D Position and a black leather handle.

WHO FROM YOU KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THAT SCHON CUE AND THE WORTH OF IT?

P.S. I already had to identify another Schon and asked Schon per *E-Mail. But it took 7 E-Mails and over 2 months of waiting to get an answer from John Fuhrman from Schon Cues!
My friend doesn't have that much time left to decide, to buy that cue for a real low price!
(*E-Mails sent to sales@schoncues.com and also to info@schoncues.com)

Attachments

• user89378_pic15864_1445686658[1].jpg
    user89378_pic15864_1445686658[1].jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,369
  • user89378_pic15865_1445686658[1].jpg
    user89378_pic15865_1445686658[1].jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,209
Last edited:

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would think this cue was built by Evan. Schon does now offer a cue ID service for $20. If John spent all his time ID'ing every cue that he got email requests for not many more new cues would be completed.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm honestly not sure it really matters. The Runde Schon cues that command high prices are the ones with sharp points, stitch rings, and original Micarta ferrules. This is not that type of cue so I'm not sure it being a Runde or an Evan Clark would really matter as far as value goes.

It's a nice looking Schon though, whoever made it, and I'm sure it's a good playing cue like all Schons.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
Who knows something about this Schon?

Does anybody knows something about this Schon, supposed to be 1 of 1?
The approximative age, the edition or anything else?
Is it really a 1 of 1, an Unique, or maybe an Elite, a Ltd. or a SP?

Does someone of you has or had a similary looking Schon?

Any information or pics would be appreciated and very helpfull!

My friend Oronzo, who wants to buy this cue has only 2 weeks left to decide and just wanted to know if he gets a good deal, by buying that cue for 800 $ . . . ?

P.S. Sorry but now I only have these 2 pictures, which my friend Oronzo has got by E-Mail, from the reseller!

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post Runde(93-present) will be cored and say schon on the shaft. The pin has a slightly smaller ID on post 93 Cues too. That cue looks to be from Evans time.

pigsRflying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally, the design is not my cup of tea, but if your friend likes it and can afford it, he should buy it. That's what it's all about.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks like evans work to me
if it says 1 of1 then it is
if it doesn't ,it might be

it wouldn't make much difference to me

I like the cue and think you should buy it

ebony is getting expensive to the point
evan was not making fronts of ebony

my guess is the cue sold for twice that much new

buy it