Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?
View Poll Results: Highest number of racks I ran out during a 9-Ball match
0 4 3.88%
1 11 10.68%
2 14 13.59%
3 25 24.27%
4 8 7.77%
5 18 17.48%
6 10 9.71%
7 9 8.74%
8 - 9 8 7.77%
10 or more (Dam... that's real good!) 4 3.88%
15 or more (That's a lot of racks! Are you a Pro?) 1 0.97%
20 or more (Heeeey, who are you?) 2 1.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Jason Robichaud
AzB Silver Member
Jason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond reputeJason Robichaud has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-01-2015, 08:47 AM

I haven't played with any regularity for 3 years now, but when I did... I could run a few tables/balls

All on 9'

9 ball - 8 racks
8 ball - 12 racks in winner break event. I ran last 3 racks, won the lag and ran 5 for the match, won the lag and ran to the 8 and missed on 5th rack. Funny part about the 5-0 match that I ran out.... the guy's buddies was having a laugh and asked the guy what happened. He said, "I dogged the lag".

Snooker - 142 (12' table)
1 pocket 13 balls.
10 ball - 4 pack.

I would give up all those runs/balls for the 2 pack of rotation posted here. I watched Dennis O run a 3 pack of rotation, probably the most impressive shooting I've seen on a table.

Old
  (#32)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

11-01-2015, 10:02 AM

All on 9 fters.

9ball, I was losing 7-1 in a race to 9 against a local, R. Romanoff.
He broke dry, I ran out and then broke and ran out the set. ( I count that as a 7, not 8) I still lost the money that night.
Was playing a local kid we called "The Shmo" giving him the 5ball, races to 6. Score was 1-1, he missed a ball, and i ran out. Then I broke and ran a 4 pack to win the set, won the coin toss for the next set, and opened up with a 4 pack, and he quit.
(I count that as an 8)

10 ball - 6 pack.

14.1 - 159 back in 2010

Banks - I've banked 5 and out plenty of times, and banked 9 and out a couple of times playing full rack while giving weight.
Most games/balls strung together, Short rack I've broken and banked 5 and out 3 times in a row to beat someone at the Derby way back in the day. 2nd to that would be against Howard Vickery at the Derby where I won the lag, broke and banked 5 and out twice, broke and banked a 3, got into a safe battle, and lost the match from there.

Last edited by SUPERSTAR; 11-01-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Old
  (#33)
9andout
Gunnin' for a 2 pack!!
9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute9andout has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 10:52 AM

I think I read the question wrong? I picked 8-9. lol
9 balls.
1 rack.

In training for the "Senior Division" By then I might actually be decent! Still love Earl!!
Lover of shot clocks!

Old
  (#34)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 11:13 AM

9' - 7racks twice
7' - 7racks once
Banks - at least 5 - not really sure.
3 cushion - dont know
snooker - dont remember
All probably 20 plus yrs ago.

Ran a 5pack on a 9' using Coreys soft break a few yrs ago.
Dont play much anymore, hopefully I'll have a good numer on the 10'er soon.

Old
  (#35)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
9 on the break has got to be part of the pack.

If you were Earl, running the 11 pack for the million dollars....do you really want to be in

the position of NOT making the 9 on the snap or you won't get paid.

I was at a tournament years ago, and the TD said there is a g-note for a 7-pack or better...

.....but nines on the break don't count.

I stood up and told him to not consider me for the g-note....he asked "Why not?"

I said "I don't want to be in the ludicrous position of running a six-pack....and hoping I

DON'T make the nine on the break."

He said " Good point...nines count on the break."

...nobody ran a seven-pack, though

It counted as a win in that match but I didn't count it as part of high package run as I didn't really "run" those racks.

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#36)
Bank it
Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Bank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond reputeBank it has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Hey I wasn't calling you out, I've always been an admirer of your game. I can always be persuaded to visit back east, but not for either one of these games you offer.

If you'd like to entertain 10-9 1 pocket or 10 ahead nineball even, then PM me, I'll be your huckleberry.

You've been PM'ed.

Everyone Sees What I Appear To Be,
Few Experience What I Really Am...

You think that you're one thing, but understand that you're seen as another, so you suspect that maybe you are the other, but you don't know what that means... "Calhoun"

Old
  (#37)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank it View Post
It counted as a win in that match but I didn't count it as part of high package run as I didn't really "run" those racks.
I'm counting your pack as nine whether you like it or not....
...it's not so bad to have people giving you more credit than you give yourself.

....well, except in action....so here's how we'll handle it.
...if you're making a game, your pack will be a seven...
...if I'm trying to sell your services to a sponsor, your pack is nine.

Twice I've finished a five ahead (for a pretty good chunk of cash) with nines on the snap
back to back.....I'm calling them two packs....for the packages...

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?
Old
  (#38)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool? - 11-01-2015, 01:33 PM

My highest run out was probably in Denver, elevation about one mile. I was stuck three sets and about to lose the fourth, when I slowly eased over toward the door, then when my opponent got down to shoot the 9 I slipped out the door and ran as a fast as I could. I've had other run outs, but none that high.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

1 mile at 9-Ball = WOW!
Old
  (#39)
al-capool
Imagine all the people...
al-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 1 mile at 9-Ball = WOW! - 11-01-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
My highest run out was probably in Denver, elevation about one mile. I was stuck three sets and about to lose the fourth, when I slowly eased over toward the door, then when my opponent got down to shoot the 9 I slipped out the door and ran as a fast as I could. I've had other run outs, but none that high.
1 mile = That's for real a high run out to remember! LOL

Last edited by al-capool; 11-01-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Sorry posted twice!
Old
  (#40)
al-capool
Imagine all the people...
al-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond reputeal-capool has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy Sorry posted twice! - 11-01-2015, 03:13 PM

Sorry posted same twice!

Last edited by al-capool; 11-01-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Old
  (#41)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBum View Post
I had to stop gambling in the Ozarks.....it was too nerve-wracking...

...the sets always seemed to go hill-hill....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#42)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

11-01-2015, 06:13 PM

How did black-balled vote in every category?

Old
  (#43)
LIAKOS27
NOT banned (yet)
LIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond reputeLIAKOS27 has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 08:18 PM

8-ball. 5 in a row practice
4 in a row gambling

9-ball. 11 in a row practicing
3 in a row gambling

10-ball. 4 in a row practicing
2 in a row gambling

14.1. A couple 8?'s practicing
54 gambling( my greatest comeback)

1-p. I have a few 8 and outs not sure of how many were practice and gambling

Banks. With 15 balls, I did 9 in practice
Playing 9-ball banks, 2-3 gambling I think I don't remember

Old
  (#44)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-01-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSTAR View Post
How did black-balled vote in every category?
I keeps money.

Old
  (#45)
Frankenstroke
2 Gus Szamboti cues

Frankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond repute

11-01-2015, 09:36 PM

1P...break-and-run 3 games

banks...6 balls

14.1 .....30 something

"Game not in paddle. Game in you."
Balls of Fury (2007)

Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: