Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page YOUR highest run outs or other records at Pool?
View Poll Results: Highest number of racks I ran out during a 9-Ball match
0 4 3.88%
1 11 10.68%
2 14 13.59%
3 25 24.27%
4 8 7.77%
5 18 17.48%
6 10 9.71%
7 9 8.74%
8 - 9 8 7.77%
10 or more (Dam... that's real good!) 4 3.88%
15 or more (That's a lot of racks! Are you a Pro?) 1 0.97%
20 or more (Heeeey, who are you?) 2 1.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
SUPERSTAR
Banned
SUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond reputeSUPERSTAR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5600

11-03-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snucar View Post
Most people are liying, not some. Some for fun, some for pure narcissism and to add some extra weight to their opinions. I can hardly believe that the majority in here can put more than 2 racks in a row together. What a load of nonsense...lol
Lol. You polygraphed everyone?
Did you vote?

Although clearly July9x is full of crap cause ain't no one ever done that crap. LOL

Old
  (#62)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-03-2015, 08:29 AM

Last edited by peppersauce; 05-11-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Old
  (#63)
Straightpool_99
I see dead balls
Straightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond reputeStraightpool_99 has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
You've run 5 racks in a row but your break sucks huh? lol

Cool story, mate!
I know a guy with a controlled 25mph break, when he is in form. So compared to him, my break sucks. Doesn't mean I'm helpless. With the magic rack, my break is pretty decent, and will get the job done.

Old
  (#64)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member
peppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond reputepeppersauce has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 09:02 AM

Last edited by peppersauce; 05-11-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Old
  (#65)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

11-03-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Most people are liying, not some. Some for fun, some for pure narcissism and to add some extra weight to their opinions. I can hardly believe that the majority in here can put more than 2 racks in a row together. What a load of nonsense...lol
One thing you have to understand, is that these are HIGH run records. Not average runs of players. Quite often, ones high run will be considerably higher than their average runs.

I posted a 12. That is a true run. For me, a once in a lifetime run, but I did do it ONCE. My next highest run was a 10 pack, and a few 9 packs. Now, lets break it down just a little to see how that happens....

First thing you need is the ability and focus to run out when the table is runnable. That is a "given". Then, you need a "friendly" rack and the same person racking them the same everytime. Now, that does not mean pattern racking, but having the one in the same spot on the table each time. Along with the friendly rack, goes a friendly table.

By "friendly", I mean a table and racker that gives a consistent rack that just so happens to have the correct gaps in the correct places. My 12 pack was on one table, and my 9's and 10 were on a different table, but the same table for the 9's and 10. And, those were over a two week period. Played on that table many times before, and many times after, and never had the rack break open like it did for those two weeks. And during those two weeks, while playing a crew of construction workers, the same guy was racking for each of those larger runs.

What I know now, and didn't know then, was that the racker had to be consistently putting gaps in the right places by accident that made it conducive to good spreads and balls dropping on the break.

Also, besides the rack and table, the breaker has to recognize what is working, and be able to repeat it rack after rack.

Now, outside of my highest run, and those magical two weeks, my next highest run is down to a 6 pack. Did that ONCE. After that, a number of 4's and 5's. So, for those high runs people have, it's really just a moment in time when everything came together just right to give a good memory. Nothing more than that really. It's surely not indicative of ones normal play.

Old
  (#66)
snucar
World Snucar Champion
snucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersauce View Post
Kind of sounds like snucar hangs out in a small, shallow pond. Snucar, maybe I misunderstood your post, but if your idea of a "B" player is someone who can't run more than 2 or 3 racks of 9-ball, you should find a better place to play.
How about playing in local tournaments with Ekonomopoulos, Kazakis and Malai sounds to you? Do you think I should change club and move to a better one? Let me know your thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I posted a 12. That is a true run. For me, a once in a lifetime run, but I did do it ONCE. My next highest run was a 10 pack, and a few 9 packs.
With all due to respect, Neils, I can never believe that. Especially after watching some of your videos. Not even on a mini pool table. 12 racks in a row??? 12? 9? 8? Even if it's ONCE in a lifetime. Do you guys realize what that means? That you're ALL pros.

""So I'm shooting this one shot, and I have shot it 300 times, and missed it every time. I haven't changed anything about the way I shoot it, everything is the same each time, but I don't know why I keep missing it"

^Travis Trotter-Cuetec

Yesterday I had a dream that we will see Shane winning, but...

Old
  (#67)
Neil
AzB Silver Member
Neil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond reputeNeil has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2200

11-03-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
How about playing in local tournaments with Ekonomopoulos, Kazakis and Malai sounds to you? Do you think I should change club and move to a better one? Let me know your thoughts...

With all due to respect, Neils, I can never believe that. Especially after watching some of your videos. Not even on a mini pool table. 12 racks in a row??? 12? 9? 8? Even if it's ONCE in a lifetime. Do you guys realize what that means? That you're ALL pros.
No, it does not mean that we are pros. But, it does mean that occasionally, we can play at pro speed on our best days. Big, big, big difference.

And, it doesn't matter if you believe I did it or not. It only matters to me, and I know I did. Like I stated earlier, outside of a good memory, it really means nothing.

Old
  (#68)
Ron Swanson
Banned
Ron Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond reputeRon Swanson has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Kind of sounds like snucar hangs out in a small, shallow pond. Snucar, maybe I misunderstood your post, but if your idea of a "B" player is someone who can't run more than 2 or 3 racks of 9-ball, you should find a better place to play.
Are you suggesting B players should be regularly running 2 and 3 packs?

---->Just plummeted.

Old
  (#69)
Masayoshi
Fusenshou no Masa
Masayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond reputeMasayoshi has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:

I've seen a C player put up a 5 pack on a bar table. A players can go for hours on end without a miss on them, whether those long streches without a miss include strings of racks or not is mostly break dependent. 12 on a barbox is a great run, but not unbelievable even for an amateur.

Old
  (#70)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member

11-03-2015, 10:30 AM

Last edited by peppersauce; 05-11-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Old
  (#71)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member

11-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Last edited by peppersauce; 05-11-2016 at 07:08 PM.

Old
  (#72)
snucar
World Snucar Champion
snucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond reputesnucar has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
If you're being truthful, good for you. That's a lot better than most people have. You make it sound like you play out of the local pub down the street though. Personally, I find it hard to believe that in a very competitive invironment like you describe, the only people capable of putting packages together are the great players you mention.
Why shouldn't I be truthful, especially since I'm not stating I'm running packs for fun. I'm a B player in Greece and, believe it or not, the general standard of the players here is pretty high overall (not my words, but words of some of the finest players on earth who've come here to play in international tournaments like Feijen, Boyes, Chinahov and many others). I'm a very decent am. player and those pros I've mentioned use me as their practice man quite often because they know I can pose some questions here and there during our match. But hitting 3-4 packs regularly as a B player is out of this world here. Heck, our pros even struggle to reach 5 or 6 in the practice...there's usually a point their run breaks down around the 4th-5th rack. I've never even heard Nikos talking about hitting 12 or 9 racks in a row in practice or even in a match. Which I'm sure he must have but more rarely than often, just like you guys...

""So I'm shooting this one shot, and I have shot it 300 times, and missed it every time. I haven't changed anything about the way I shoot it, everything is the same each time, but I don't know why I keep missing it"

^Travis Trotter-Cuetec

Yesterday I had a dream that we will see Shane winning, but...

Last edited by snucar; 11-03-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Old
  (#73)
cueman
AzB Silver Member

cueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond reputecueman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-03-2015, 11:13 AM

My highest runs are:

8-Ball: 4 Racks in a row

9-Ball: 5 Racks in a row

14/1 - Straight Pool: 51 Balls

One Pocket: 8 balls in a row from the break. That was my first game ever of one pocket. I broke them wide open and made a ball in my pocket and ran 8 balls. I had no idea it was a safety game.

10' Snooker: over 90 Points once. Hit the 70s several times.

3 Cushion: have ran 5 numerous times.

15 Ball Rotation: 3 full 15 ball racks in a row on a bar box.

Old
  (#74)
peppersauce
AzB Silver Member

11-03-2015, 11:43 AM

Last edited by peppersauce; 05-11-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Old
  (#75)
weakfingers
AzB Silver Member
weakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond reputeweakfingers has a reputation beyond repute

11-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Not quite sure what my speed would be but here are my records to date:

9 ball: 9 foot table, 2 racks
9 ball: 7 foot Diamond, 3 racks

8 ball: 9 foot table, 3 racks

10 ball: don't really play too often, so just occasional break and runs

14.1: 38 balls on a 9 foot Gold Crown, 44 balls on an 8 foot Olhausen

I've strung six racks against the 9 ball ghost on a 7 foot Diamond, haha

Page 5 of 8 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: