Extending thread of Pechauer Joint?

_tony_

Registered
Hi everyone.
I have used the Search function, altough haven't found the answer I'm looking for.

I was wondering if could be possible (I believe it can be done, I don't know if it would work) extending the thread on a Pechauer Joint to make it fit all shaft with full 5/16x14.

Thanks to whoever could give me an answer.

Tony

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Hi everyone.
I have used the Search function, altough haven't found the answer I'm looking for.

I was wondering if could be possible (I believe it can be done, I don't know if it would work) extending the thread on a Pechauer Joint to make it fit all shaft with full 5/16x14.

Tony
Sorry, this is the aiming forum. You're only supposed to post stuff here to argue about.

Of course, we can argue about anything, so if that's what you want...

pj <- :)
chgo

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone.

Tony
The pin on you cue butt can be changed. I recommend this be done by qualified personel only. I would contact pechauer directly and ask them for the correct replacement.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The proper fix is to have the shaft insert bored out to fit the pilot.

The shaft will still work on any other 5/16 14 pin, as a 'quick release'.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The proper fix is to have the shaft insert bored out to fit the pilot.

The shaft will still work on any other 5/16 14 pin, as a 'quick release'.
I agree. It seemed he was wanting to mod the cue butt to fit other shafts joints 5/16 x 14

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From an earlier post by Shawn Armstrong
" The Pechauer speed joint is a modified 5/16-14 thread. It has a threaded top, and then an unthreaded post. Any 5/16-14 thread shaft can be turned into a speed joint by drilling/boring out about 1/2" of the threads with a boring bar, or using a 5/16 drill bit (get a repair guy to perform the operation, please)."

that's if you wanted to modify the shaft vs. butt.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From an earlier post by Shawn Armstrong

" The Pechauer speed joint is a modified 5/16-14 thread. It has a threaded top, and then an unthreaded post. Any 5/16-14 thread shaft can be turned into a speed joint by drilling/boring out about 1/2" of the threads with a boring bar, or using a 5/16 drill bit (get a repair guy to perform the operation, please)."

that's if you wanted to modify the shaft vs. butt.
Thanks for the info. Seems i could easily mod my pechauer speed joint shaft to fit an older pechauer cue.