Need help. Where to play in Boston? Prefer good equipment

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Friend up that way looking for a good room to visit.

Thanks!

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Boston, nothing good to go to, outside of Boston, Amazin Billiards in Malden, Billiards Café in Ayer (that's my main room, they just put new cloth and rails on all the tables).

Jillians is near Fenway, so would be good to visit both places but Jillians has iffy equipment and crowds. Flattop Johnnys has pool tables but that is about it as far as it being a "pool room".

I'd say Amazin is the best "player's room" to go to and it has 3C tables also. It is however a membership place and smaller so while you can play as a guest, you may be waiting for a table.

Ayer has more tables and also has a 12' snooker table and good food and atmosphere. I post a lot of pictures of events there.

Malden may be reachable buy a bus or something, Ayer you'll need to drive, although there is a train station there but I don't know if it's a commuter rail stop or just cargo.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
In Boston, nothing good to go to, outside of Boston, Amazin Billiards in Malden, Billiards Café in Ayer (that's my main room, they just put new cloth and rails on all the tables).

Jillians is near Fenway, so would be good to visit both places but Jillians has iffy equipment and crowds. Flattop Johnnys has pool tables but that is about it as far as it being a "pool room".

I'd say Amazin is the best "player's room" to go to and it has 3C tables also. It is however a membership place and smaller so while you can play as a guest, you may be waiting for a table.

Ayer has more tables and also has a 12' snooker table and good food and atmosphere. I post a lot of pictures of events there.

Malden may be reachable buy a bus or something, Ayer you'll need to drive, although there is a train station there but I don't know if it's a commuter rail stop or just cargo.

Thank You !!!

KD

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If he makes it near Nashua he should check out Boston Billiard Club. The tables play great, the food is good, and the waitresses are very pretty and nice.

filluptieu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I started traveling to Boston to work starting the beginning of this year and its sad how terrible the pool halls are there.

Texas Prez

Hook'em...Enough Said
Silver Member
I'm in Boston without a car so Flat Top Johnny's is the go-to. I'll be there later tonight probably! The tables are not great and it gets crowded to groups who stand around single tables. But at the end of the night there are usually a few decent players who hang out on the right side of the room (tables 4, 6 and 8).

...but yeah, the pool scene in Boston is extremely disappointing. Moving back to D.C. soon; looking forward to having more rooms nearby!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I started traveling to Boston to work starting the beginning of this year and its sad how terrible the pool halls are there.

IN Boston and the areas like Brighton, Cambridge there is pretty much 0 good places to go, you missed one of the best rooms I ever been in by a while, Brighton Billiards. Some of the best tables anywhere and lots of action and good players. Closed soon after the smoking indoors ban was passed.

Now you have to go to Malden, Ayer or further over to RI to Snookers for good tables.

Ayer re-did their tables not long ago with new rails and cloth, they play nice now but you won't find many good players there, pretty much tops out at a B+ level there.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IN Boston and the areas like Brighton, Cambridge there is pretty much 0 good places to go, you missed one of the best rooms I ever been in by a while, Brighton Billiards. Some of the best tables anywhere and lots of action and good players. Closed soon after the smoking indoors ban was passed.

Now you have to go to Malden, Ayer or further over to RI to Snookers for good tables.

Ayer re-did their tables not long ago with new rails and cloth, they play nice now but you won't find many good players there, pretty much tops out at a B+ level there.

I agree ... If I were in Boston I would play at Snookers.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he makes it near Nashua he should check out Boston Billiard Club. The tables play great, the food is good, and the waitresses are very pretty and nice.

I'd say the tables play so-so. They are quite inconsistent one to another, and some of the side pockets are pretty messed up. Several rolls too.

I think saying they are great might be a bit misleading.

KMRUNOUT

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed. Amazin in Malden is decent. Snookers in Providence RI is the best, if you can stand 8 foot pro tables Grand China in Salem NH is very good. Good quality equipment. A little further north is Crows Nest in plaistow. Fantastic new 8' Diamond tables is pristine shape. Free pool too.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd say the tables play so-so. They are quite inconsistent one to another, and some of the side pockets are pretty messed up. Several rolls too.

I think saying they are great might be a bit misleading.

KMRUNOUT

You're right about playing differently from each other, some are way faster than the others. They are always clean, and I haven't found one yet that wasn't in good shape. I've been playing there pretty consistently for over a month now and tried about 5 of them. No complaints here.:thumbup: