Silver Member
Purple heart / purple heart with white/purple/white veneers
Maple handle
All the rings and caps

JV

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I need to send Southwest a e-mail to find out how far off my turn is. Think I should be 3-6 months out.

I am not looking for anything collect able, it will be to play with, and if one of my other cue is better, it will get sold off.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Is your name really on the List Brooze?

If it actually is, it sounds like you have had your mind made up before you asked for advice.

Show us a picture of yourself holding the cue once its made. Then, I will make an apology.

There have been tons of Southwest Cue threads re lists etc. If you were really on the list, you would have piped up and let everyone know that you were also on it.

Until then, this is just another of your, "I'm bored, think I will start a thread for attention",things.

Besides, you're too chintzy to purchase a used Southwest, let alone a new one.

Last edited:

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it actually is, it sounds like you have had your mind made up before you asked for advice.

Show us a picture of yourself holding the cue once its made. Then, I will make an apology.

There have been tons of Southwest Cue threads re lists etc. If you were really on the list, you would have piped up and let everyone know that you were also on it.

Until then, this is just another of your, "I'm bored, think I will start a thread for attention",things.

I would go all out

Bassmaster

Gone Fishin
Silver Member
Wrapless 6 pointer 3 veneers, cocobolo nose/ebony/ or other darker woods? BEM handle, and matching "Slim" butt "dark wood, rings at all positions, total cue weight under 19.5
3 matching shafts weights 3.75 to 4.0 oz 12.75- 13.0 mm tips
matching joint protectors.

This cue would beautiful , probably play extremely well, sell fast when you're ready to get rid of it.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I need to send Southwest a e-mail to find out how far off my turn is. Think I should be 3-6 months out.

I am not looking for anything collect able, it will be to play with, and if one of my other cue is better, it will get sold off.

If I was in the same situation I'd probably go fancier. Like you, I'd have to see if I thought it played better than my favorite playing cue. If it didn't, on the sale block it would go. Thus, order it fancy enough to attract both players and collectors.

Again, this is your decision, not mine.

I've never played with a Southwest, but I have trouble imagining one playing significantly better than my Josey.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

How is gods name could some clown call BLUE HOG LIER know anything about a person in Arizona, if they never left Canada. Or do they believe B... S... Lies from other liers.

I have to prove zero to you are you are a zero in my book. But I have sent an inquiry e-mail to see where I am on the list.

BTW I am not "chintzy" as you like to call me. I am just not stup with monkey, as it don't grow on Cactus.

Now go be a hemorride to some one else as I realize your speciality in life is being a hemorride, so there is now a joke going around AZB about the difference between Blue Hog Lier, and a Hemorride.

The punch line is no difference they are both a pain in the ___.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
If I was in the same situation I'd probably go fancier. Like you, I'd have to see if I thought it played better than my favorite playing cue. If it didn't, on the sale block it would go. Thus, order it fancy enough to attract both players and collectors.

Again, this is your decision, not mine.

I've never played with a Southwest, but I have trouble imagining one playing significantly better than my Josey.

Honestly the Plane Jane with fancy Ringwork, JP Set, and Decore Ring in the Butt Section is talking to me. IMHO Point do zero for playability, but do add to cost.

Cocobolo or Ebony and Birdseye.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
How is gods name could some clown call BLUE HOG LIER know anything about a person in Arizona, if they never left Canada. Or do they believe B... S... Lies from other liers.

I have to prove zero to you are you are a zero in my book. But I have sent an inquiry e-mail to see where I am on the list.

BTW I am not "chintzy" as you like to call me. I am just not stup with monkey, as it don't grow on Cactus.

Now go be a hemorride to some one else as I realize your speciality in life is being a hemorride, so there is now a joke going around AZB about the difference between Blue Hog Lier, and a Hemorride.

The punch line is no difference they are both a pain in the ___.

LOL you are a joke! Everyone knows monkeys don't grow on cactus!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Attachments

• 11-Cactus-Monkey.jpg
    11-Cactus-Monkey.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 458

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Honestly the Plane Jane with fancy Ringwork, JP Set, and Decore Ring in the Butt Section is talking to me. IMHO Point do zero for playability, but do add to cost.

Cocobolo or Ebony and Birdseye.

Actually, they don't. Surprisingly, a solid nose and a 6 point without veneers is the same. It does cost extra for each veneer. If it helps you figure your time frame, the cue I got 2 weeks ago was a December of 2002 order, so you might not be as close as you think. Mine is Alves with tulip wood points and butt, fwiw, and it looks and plays great. Kudos to South West for honoring the list when they could make more money just selling them online. Also, you can forget about ebony. It's unavailable, at least for the time being.

jmurphy

SWEET
Silver Member
Easiest answer I have ever given.
You order 2 cues fully loaded.
Wrapless
Rings in all positions (including the 3rd ring in the butt sleeve)
You can get a 12 point SW they will make 6 long point with recuts on both cues.
Or maybe one 9 point and one 12 point.
Under no circumstances do you order a SW with a Maple forearm.
Forearm to be Macassar or Gabone Ebony if you can get it. If not use Coco or Bacote.
The wrapless handle get 5A grade Curly or Bird's maple

Then you sell both for a handsome profit or just sell one and offset the price of the one you keep. :thumbup:

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish you the best of ordering whatever you personally want to enjoy..

Period

Not what you think will sell in the market....

Congratulations for your long wait to order. Please enjoy

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
A friend just picked up his new wrapless SW 12 pointer with Macassar Ebony forearm a few weeks ago.

That sounds like a sweet cue. I'm not sure exactly how it works or when that one was reserved. I'd get ebony for sure if you can. I'm designing one currently (2003) and the sheet says both kinds of ebony are unavailable. Maybe that'll change by the time Coco gets to the top of the list. Maybe ebony will be extinct by then, too. :smile:

Last edited:

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
Easiest answer I have ever given.
You order 2 cues fully loaded.
Wrapless
Rings in all positions (including the 3rd ring in the butt sleeve)
You can get a 12 point SW they will make 6 long point with recuts on both cues.
Or maybe one 9 point and one 12 point.
Under no circumstances do you order a SW with a Maple forearm.
Forearm to be Macassar or Gabone Ebony if you can get it. If not use Coco or Bacote.
The wrapless handle get 5A grade Curly or Bird's maple

Then you sell both for a handsome profit or just sell one and offset the price of the one you keep. :thumbup:

Can you please explain why you would never order a sw with a maple forearm?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
What I would do..

Seems like you're not into fancy so here's my suggestion...Ask for the darkest widest grain Cocobolo for the forearm and sleeve. Add 6 points, 3 high 3 low, and the cap ring of the other darkest wood they can get like maybe African Blackwood and leave it at that. For ringwork make it simple and dark. If you want a veneer go with a single green and use that for the ringwork too.... Or maybe flip flop the woods.. Add a white with double black spec linen and alls good... I would like it.. :smile:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I can't see the point of waiting so long for a premium cue maker to get to your cue, only to go Plane Jane.

There are plenty of good playing, boring/plain cues out there, don't add to that list!

What he said /\ /\ /\ /\ /\... :thumbup: :thumbup: