Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Mosconi Cup announcement coming on Monday
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
9ball5032
AzB Silver Member
9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute9ball5032 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-03-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostroke View Post
That's the big announcement?
That's what I was gonna say.

Old
  (#32)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2020, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames View Post
You might be right. Letís find out by changing the name of the cup from mosconi to a dead european cueist that hated nineball and never played the game, maybe joe davis from snooker and billiards fame or some other rail nurse expert, make jump shots a requirement, all races are to three, the shot clock is only ten seconds, and everyone in the audience must drink at least one bourbon one scotch and one beer. And if that doesnít bring life into a dead sport well i just donít know what else to do.

Donít worry, no one will ever put me in charge of marketing.
Lol. Don't forget to make the players chug a 40oz beer after every game - this is a match i could get into

Old
  (#33)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 08-04-2020, 10:30 AM

Announcing players may be premature. What if it is cancelled? Those selected this year automatically play for next year and there will be no selection next year? Or those selected this year become reserve players for next year

Name:  g1.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  117.3 KB

Old
  (#34)
Scrunge19
Registered
Scrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond reputeScrunge19 has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2020, 10:42 AM

Yeah them photoshopping out sponsors images on the Bergman/Gorst pictures was really unprofessional. And replacing the Cuetec logo on Gorst's shirt with a Predator one takes it even further. How they thought that was an acceptable thing to do just blows my mind.

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone see the announcement that Matchroom renewed their partnership with Predator? I've taken the liberty to include the official announcement photo below.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things i have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no rep, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Last edited by Scrunge19; 08-04-2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Grammar

Old
  (#35)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2020, 01:58 PM

Yep.

Five months from now, sitting in an arena shoulder to shoulder with thousand of fans, all yelling and cheering at the top of their lungs.

Just where I want to be in the middle of this pandemic.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#36)
Nostroke
AzB Silver Member
Nostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond reputeNostroke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 10475
  Send a message via MSN to Nostroke  
08-04-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Yep.

Five months from now, sitting in an arena shoulder to shoulder with thousand of fans, all yelling and cheering at the top of their lungs.

Lou Figueroa
I'll bet we have fans in the basketball or baseball seats before that. Not saying it's right. 4 months from now we might have a better view and make a more informed decision then about fans.

Im ok with or without fans-Everyone knows "This year is different" and it is not likely to permanently mar the event from a lack of fans due to "an act of God".

I remember when the baseball players went on strike and half? a season was lost. "Half" the fans said they would never watch a baseball game again because the players were thoughtless creeps and they had a point unlike this situation. The stands were packed the following year and ever since.

Whether it is played without fans or not played at all, the first year it is back to normal, it will be sold out.

Last edited by Nostroke; 08-04-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Old
  (#37)
skogstokig
AzB Silver Member
skogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond reputeskogstokig has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yep.

Lou Figueroa
five months from now we might have a vaccine, or herd immunity.

anyway, i don't think MC would be the same without a crowd and the pressure it brings. if the teams just match up in an empty arena i think europe wins easily, no doubt. you see, with a proper MC crowd other things come in play. that's why being an excellent pool player doesn't always equal being able to fade the MC pressure, like kaci and kazakis has shown.. and sky for that matter - not the very best player in the world, but one of the best mosconi pressure players ever

i hope there will be a proper MC, and if i know mr hearn right he will try to make it happen with a crowd. maybe only fans with antibodies (or a majority)? i know atleast one who is going and is done with the covid crap

Old
  (#38)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

08-04-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Im ok with or without fans-Everyone knows "This year is different" and it is not likely to permanently mar the event from a lack of fans due to "an act of God".
Agreed 100%. The Mosconi Cup brand won't suffer at all, nor would it suffer in any way from cancellation of the event.

Old
  (#39)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

08-04-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I'll bet we have fans in the basketball or baseball seats before that. Not saying it's right. 4 months from now we might have a better view and make a more informed decision then about fans.

I remember when the baseball players went on strike and half? a season was lost. "Half" the fans said they would never watch a baseball game again because the players were thoughtless creeps and they had a point unlike this situation. The stands were packed the following year and ever since.

Whether it is played without fans or not played at all, the first year it is back to normal, it will be sold out.

What do you dream is going to happen in the next 120 days?

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#40)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member

08-04-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skogstokig View Post
five months from now we might have a vaccine, or herd immunity.

anyway, i don't think MC would be the same without a crowd and the pressure it brings. if the teams just match up in an empty arena i think europe wins easily, no doubt. you see, with a proper MC crowd other things come in play. that's why being an excellent pool player doesn't always equal being able to fade the MC pressure, like kaci and kazakis has shown.. and sky for that matter - not the very best player in the world, but one of the best mosconi pressure players ever

i hope there will be a proper MC, and if i know mr hearn right he will try to make it happen with a crowd. maybe only fans with antibodies (or a majority)? i know atleast one who is going and is done with the covid crap

In five months we're going to have squadoush.

Maybe, by early next year, there will be something you'll be willing to have injected into your arm that hasn't killed off an army of monkeys. AND THEN you'll have to wait in line to get the vaccine. So maybe, by April, May, June, they will have produced enough vials to hold the vaccine and enough syringes to inject it, and you'll eventually get on the list to get it during a visit to your primary care physician.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited by lfigueroa; 08-04-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Old
  (#41)
Bob Jewett
AZB Osmium Member
Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-04-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:

Maybe, by early next year, there will be something you'll be willing to have injected into your arm that hasn't killed off an army of monkeys. AND THEN you'll have to wait in line to get the vaccine. So maybe, by April, May, June, they will have produced enough vials to hold the vaccine and enough syringes to inject it, and you'll eventually get on the list to get it during a visit to your primary care physician.

Lou Figueroa
Well, I had to go look.... Squadouche means zero, zip, nada, nothing, perhaps even less than nothing. "So I've been out on 5 dates with this chick, I figured I would've ...

So I'm thinking it's going to be more like free injections from a 55-gallon drum at Walgreens.

Old
  (#42)
jasonlaus
Rep for Smorg
jasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond reputejasonlaus has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 03:36 AM

Quote:

Lou Figueroa
there will be nothing injected in my arm.

Jason<-------possibly looking for MC Tickets if he's not working.

Old
  (#43)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast View Post
They could still have the event with no fans. I know that takes a lot away from the event, but it is the only realistic option.
They could but this event with no fans just wouldnít be the same. The fans and craziness is what makes it so special.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#44)
justnum
TesticularCancer Survivor
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2020, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
They could but this event with no fans just wouldn’t be the same. The fans and craziness is what makes it so special.
100% at some of the major tournaments I wouldn't dare say something aloud

especially when people can't hear the difference between ten and two

or was it ten four

had it been a finals match, I'd be too afraid the crowd would eject me for poor spectator behavior.

like abusive fans at sports games

Old
  (#45)
Baby Huey
AzB Silver Member
Baby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond reputeBaby Huey has a reputation beyond repute

08-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Hopefully they figure out a way to stage the event. Pool needs a tournament right now as we are struggling for content. I hope this event happens. Even with masks I'm OK with that.

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: