Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page $10,000 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
$10,000 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge
Old
  (#1)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Thumbs up $10,000 BU Playing-Ability-Exam Challenge - 04-09-2020, 02:40 PM

The Billiard University (BU) just announced a new challenge open through the end of August, 2020. You have a chance to win lots of money in this "virtual" video-based tournament, where there are no travel costs or entry fees ... only prize money! The BU is offering $10,000 total with a possible top prize of $5000. There is an Open Division for top players and a Junior Division for younger players. There is also a Lottery Division, where anybody can win money, regardless of their playing performance. The BU wants everybody to participate and benefit from this challenge, so please help spread the word. Have fun, and good luck winning some cash!

Here's the challenge website:
And here's a video introduction.

I look forward to seeing lots of AZB user participation. I plan to start practicing and posting soon myself.

Good luck,
Dave

PS: Official entries are due by August 31, 2020.

Last edited by dr_dave; 08-30-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Old
  (#2)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

04-09-2020, 03:06 PM

Any table size requirements? Is 8 foot ok?

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#3)
dr_dave
Instructional Author
dr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond reputedr_dave has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon of Sin View Post
Any table size requirements? Is 8 foot ok?
All details, including info table size info, are on the website. An 8' table is allowed for the Exam I lottery and Exam III divisions.

Good luck,
Dave

Old
  (#4)
AzB Silver Member
Cron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond reputeCron has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-09-2020, 03:25 PM

I read the page, but does this not equate to the same thing if a perfect score is achieved?

The $1000 1st place bonus will be awarded to the first person to post the highest score.
The $1500 perfect-score bonus will be paid to the first person to get a score of 100.

Also, to confirm availability of all prizes: EXAM III can be played on a 7, 8, 9 or 10 feet table, but EXAM I is exclusively on a 9 feet table?

Last edited by Cron; 04-09-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Old
  (#5)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

04-09-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
I read the page, but does this not equate to the same thing?

The $1000 1st place bonus will be awarded to the first person to post the highest score.
The $1500 perfect-score bonus will be paid to the first person to get a score of 100.
It is possible (maybe even likely) nobody achieves a perfect score of 100, in which case nobody would get the $1500 bonus. However, the 1st-place finisher will get the $1000 bonus regardless of the score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cron View Post
To confirm: EXAM III can be played on a 7, 8, 9 or 10 feet table, but EXAM I is exclusively on a 9 feet table?
... except for the "lottery division" of Exam I (scores 50-89), where any table size can be used.

Regards,
Dave

Old
  (#6)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 03:41 PM

Just WOW. I did not even check info yet! will do and will take shot of it!

-special man for a special shots-
Straight Pool addict
My Snooker 147 with Pool Cue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRtIEF_vL0A
HOW TO RUN RACKS IN 14.1 - Livestreamed with 103 run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgnCaoYpzaM
317 balls on line up drill in order. no ball in hand between spotting. https://youtu.be/muw7prxTzyE

Old
  (#7)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member
Poolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond reputePoolmanis has a reputation beyond repute

04-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Shout out for BOB JEWETT for sponsoring Junior division!

Straight Pool addict
317 balls on line up drill in order. no ball in hand between spotting. https://youtu.be/muw7prxTzyE

Old
  (#8)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

04-09-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Just WOW. I did not even check info yet! will do and will take shot of it!
I'm glad to hear it. I will expect some high scores from you over the next few months. I plan to work at it too and try to post a new PR (which will not be easy ... I worked really hard for that 93 in the past).

Catch you later,
Dave

Old
  (#9)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

04-09-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolmanis View Post
Shout out for BOB JEWETT for sponsoring Junior division!
That was a nice addition.

I hope we get lots of junior-division entries. Please help spread the word everybody.

Thanks,
Dave

Old
  (#10)
Nab0610
Registered
Nab0610 is on a distinguished road

04-09-2020, 03:50 PM

Any recommendations on a tripod to use with a cell phone for these?

Old
  (#11)
Poolmanis
AzB Silver Member

04-09-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
That was a nice addition.

I hope we get lots of junior-division entries. Please help spread the word everybody.

Thanks,
Dave
I will do. I have a lot of Finnish Juniors friends in FB.. and basically all serious players from Finland too

Straight Pool addict

Old
  (#12)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

04-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nab0610 View Post
Any recommendations on a tripod to use with a cell phone for these?
I usually use a ladder with a heavy paperweight for my smartphone, but there are many options out there. I'm sure you can find lots with an Internet search. I just did a Google search for "smartphone tripod" and found a lot.

Good luck on the challenges,
Dave

Jump cues
Old
  (#13)
Imotv8u
AzB Silver Member
Imotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond reputeImotv8u has a reputation beyond repute

Jump cues - 04-10-2020, 01:19 AM

Are jump cues allowed on the jump shot on Exam III?

Rod

Old
  (#14)
dr_dave
Instructional Author

04-10-2020, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imotv8u View Post
Are jump cues allowed on the jump shot on Exam III?
Of course they are. Why would they be not? Jump cues are allowed under the official WPA rules of pool.

Jump away,
Dave

Old
  (#15)
Dan_B
AzB Gold Member
Dan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond reputeDan_B has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 455

04-10-2020, 08:28 AM

It's safe to say I'd be an unruly student...

explains my exit scores from class.

watched Shane and you give it a go, for little while,

DR. Dave you'd be referred to as the 'runner', a necessity in this meme of contest.

Focusing on the subject, making the objective, press* reset the object,
reset to state (of mind), focus again on the subject and nailing it for a one person showing,
setting and shooting would get the distinguish Non-Darwin award,

I was thinking,

* increase difficulty

Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: