Wording on Covid waivers (if any) to use tables at your local rec center or poolroom?

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wording on Covid waivers (if any) to use tables at your local rec center or poolroom?

Any examples, any language, much appreciated.

Gracias in advance.

Arnaldo

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Here is a large variety from our provincial government for all businesses.

The pool hall has it's own which simply state, "Due to social distancing rules, this table is temporarily out of service." Every other table is currently closed to allow for the 2m/6ft rule.

Hope that helps.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not directly helpful, but it would be nearly impossible for any person to prove where he contacted it, so there is little liability for a business.

But in the real world, where we need to come together for our own benefit...people should be expected to maintain respect for others- through both both distance and hygeine- and understand there are inherent risks with public activities.

We should be less concerned with limiting our own liability and more concerned with how we return to something closer to normal.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not directly helpful, but it would be nearly impossible for any person to prove where he contacted it, so there is little liability for a business.

But in the real world, where we need to come together for our own benefit...people should be expected to maintain respect for others- through both both distance and hygeine- and understand there are inherent risks with public activities.

We should be less concerned with limiting our own liability and more concerned with how we return to something closer to normal.

I’m struggling to find something I disagree with here. But Damnit, I can’t!

:wink:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very simple.......have posters on the doors and walls.
In the bathrooms, posters emphasizing hand sanitization.
Use the below and make it in bold type plain as day.

“During the COVID-19 infection pandemic, each and every
Player, Guest or Spectator acknowledges they are exposing
themselves voluntarily and thereby accepting any & all risks
associated with becoming infected. Consequently, the owner
is hereby indemnified against any future COVID-19 related
claims for damages by any & all visitors of the establishment.”

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very simple.......have posters on the doors and walls.
In the bathrooms, posters emphasizing hand sanitization.
Use the below and make it in bold type plain as day.

“During the COVID-19 infection pandemic, each and every
Player, Guest or Spectator acknowledges they are exposing
themselves voluntarily and thereby accepting any & all risks
associated with becoming infected. Consequently, the owner
is hereby indemnified against any future COVID-19 related
claims for damages by any & all visitors of the establishment.”
Kinda overly forceful, IMO.

Plus, it states exposure is given. That's a buzzkill.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liability in most jurisdictions doesn’t work this way.

One can’t put people in danger whether they agree to it or not. In cases where it holds up, such as scuba diving, rock climbing school, etc.m the business has to show how they proactively took precautions ( quite stringent with records kept) and how the Participants were fully instructed in safety protocols.

‘Read this and sign here’ is not due diligence. It can actually be detrimental as you are acknowledging that you are offering a service or product that might cause harm.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's the rules for the post game room where I belong; there are no waivers. Opened up last Friday. Haven't been there yet, so I don't know how restrictive the rules are. There's two tables so I imagine there's seating for eight players to allow for two man team eight ball, which is what is usually played.

Game Room Operating Guidelines – Pool Tables

As approved by the Post Executive Board

*** * All current Post guidelines are in effect and are expected to be followed.

* The number of people allowed in the game room is dictated by the number of chairs/stools provided.

* Additional chairs/stools cannot be obtained and brought into the game room area.

* Pool players that possess their own pool cue are encouraged to use them as opposed to the house cues.

* If a player must use one of the Post house cues, they will be expected to use this cue for the duration of their playing time and the cue should not be shared with another player at any time.

* When a player is done using the house cue, they will be expected to wipe the cue down with the disinfectant and towel provided before returning it to the wall rack.

* The pool balls and table rails should be wiped down between each game and as necessary to maintain the safety off all.

* When a player is not actively at the table shooting and is seated, they may remove their mask.

* Anytime that a player leaves their seat to move about they must have their mask on, this includes when they are at the table actively shooting.

* We are attempting to move into another step of re-opening and while we understand that these guidelines seem restrictive, we need to start slowly and see how our members react to following these simple guidelines.

Please Use Common Sense

Please Observe Respect for Others Space

Most Importantly, Maintain Safety & Have Fun!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Problem is no one is responsible for anything, it's someone else fault. That why sports fans argue over who should have won, plus why, when their team lost a game.

Few fans will say my home team is elcrapo, and the other team just plays better.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Here's the rules for the post game room where I belong; there are no waivers. Opened up last Friday. Haven't been there yet, so I don't know how restrictive the rules are. There's two tables so I imagine there's seating for eight players to allow for two man team eight ball, which is what is usually played.

Game Room Operating Guidelines – Pool Tables

As approved by the Post Executive Board

*** * All current Post guidelines are in effect and are expected to be followed.

* The number of people allowed in the game room is dictated by the number of chairs/stools provided.

* Additional chairs/stools cannot be obtained and brought into the game room area.

* Pool players that possess their own pool cue are encouraged to use them as opposed to the house cues.

* If a player must use one of the Post house cues, they will be expected to use this cue for the duration of their playing time and the cue should not be shared with another player at any time.

* When a player is done using the house cue, they will be expected to wipe the cue down with the disinfectant and towel provided before returning it to the wall rack.

* The pool balls and table rails should be wiped down between each game and as necessary to maintain the safety off all.

* When a player is not actively at the table shooting and is seated, they may remove their mask.

* Anytime that a player leaves their seat to move about they must have their mask on, this includes when they are at the table actively shooting.

* We are attempting to move into another step of re-opening and while we understand that these guidelines seem restrictive, we need to start slowly and see how our members react to following these simple guidelines.

Please Use Common Sense

Please Observe Respect for Others Space

Most Importantly, Maintain Safety & Have Fun!

I am sure you forgot a bunch of things, a lawyer licensed in your state would say to add. Easies thing is if your a Pool Room Owner, and want no problems. Close your business, and never open it.

That way you will have few problems. Except you have lost your dream, maybe life saving, and income.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i havent read any replies
but any establishment will make you sign something that says you realize you are at great risk to be exposed to covid 19 and you do it with informed understanding of the risk and hold them NOT LIABLE if you catch it

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i havent read any replies
but any establishment will make you sign something that says you realize you are at great risk to be exposed to covid 19 and you do it with informed understanding of the risk and hold them NOT LIABLE if you catch it
That's what a well-lawyered waiver/release form is intended to do and why I was seeking examples that rec rooms and commercial establishments have workably come up with recently-- waivers that are specific to billiards, and requiring a signatory's acknowledgement of the obvious risks posed by communally-handled equipment, being used indoors, and like cruise ships -- with no HEPA filtration (High Efficiency Particulate Air filtration) . . . the only type capable of largely stopping the A/C recirculation of any droplets containing the Covid virus.

Guidelines simply posted somewhere on a wall by a room's mgmt. are quite a different thing from well-written -- and user-signed waver/releases in terms of risk acknowledgement and legal protection (to whatever likely extent) of the mgmt. It may turn out that waivers of any kind will be odious to many potential users of a room's equipment and that is a dilemma.

A different waiver-related dilemma was this: On the website that announced President Trump’s recent Oklahoma rally the following was conveyed to persons attempting to obtain tickets to the rallies:
----------------------------------------------------------------
“By clicking “Register” below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.”
---------------------------------------------------------------
The above present day campaign waiver is poorly lawyered and legal experts agree that it will not preclude the above-named entities against suits charging gross negligence when they avidly (and by their example) discourage mask wearing and adequate social distancing.

On the other hand, one or two rally attendees who were proven after the rally to be Covid-infected would have little chance of proving that their infection directly came from the rally . . . however, there was the near-certainty that cases would (and did) arise (Herman Cain?) as a consequence of the general gross negligence by the rally promoters (close seating mask dissuasion, etc.) which continues even now -- indoors & outdoors.

Time will tell what will arise in our beloved sport with various billiards venues that don't wish to require signed waivers/releases or some other alternative mgmt. protection.

I wonder how other countries are dealing with their billiards venues. Perhaps some overseas AZBers will wish to chime in with info.

Arnaldo

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's what a well-lawyered waiver/release form is intended to do and why I was seeking examples that rec rooms and commercial establishments have workably come up with recently-- waivers that are specific to billiards, and requiring a signatory's acknowledgement of the obvious risks posed by communally-handled equipment, being used indoors, and like cruise ships -- with no HEPA filtration (High Efficiency Particulate Air filtration) . . . the only type capable of largely stopping the A/C recirculation of any droplets containing the Covid virus.

Guidelines simply posted somewhere on a wall by a room's mgmt. are quite a different thing from well-written -- and user-signed waver/releases in terms of risk acknowledgement and legal protection (to whatever likely extent) of the mgmt. It may turn out that waivers of any kind will be odious to many potential users of a room's equipment and that is a dilemma.

A different waiver-related dilemma was this: On the website that announced President Trump’s recent Oklahoma rally the following was conveyed to persons attempting to obtain tickets to the rallies:
----------------------------------------------------------------
“By clicking “Register” below, you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending the Rally, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and agree not to hold Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; BOK Center; ASM Global; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.”
---------------------------------------------------------------
The above present day campaign waiver is poorly lawyered and legal experts agree that it will not preclude the above-named entities against suits charging gross negligence when they avidly (and by their example) discourage mask wearing and adequate social distancing.

On the other hand, one or two rally attendees who were proven after the rally to be Covid-infected would have little chance of proving that their infection directly came from the rally . . . however, there was the near-certainty that cases would (and did) arise (Herman Cain?) as a consequence of the general gross negligence by the rally promoters (close seating mask dissuasion, etc.) which continues even now -- indoors & outdoors.

Time will tell what will arise in our beloved sport with various billiards venues that don't wish to require signed waivers/releases or some other alternative mgmt. protection.

I wonder how other countries are dealing with their billiards venues. Perhaps some overseas AZBers will wish to chime in with info.

Arnaldo

I haven't seen any pool venue(or any other business venue) in my area that requires a waiver. The state has set the requirements for required safety mandates that a business has to follow. The only place I've had to fill out any type of form was at a hospital. I didn't have to sign it just have it on my person to prove I was checked before entering. A few places take your temperature and make sure you're covered but that isn't the norm.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
any waiver can always be challenged later
for the best wording
i would hire an attorney who does malpractice or injury law to draft one for you
it should not cost more than one hour of time
the few hundred it will cost you would be worth it .......jmho

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Here is what our HOA has posted on our pool room door.

CRC Billiard Room New Hours of Operation:

9:00 AM – 3:00 PM Open for play.
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Closed for cleaning.
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Open for play.
necessary.
2. Face Masks are mandatory by all persons entering the CRC.
3. Billiard Room maximum occupancy is 8. Limit of 2 players per
table to reduce the potential of overloading the room.
4. We have reduced the number of chairs to 8 to increase room for
social distancing. Do not bring in more chairs.
5. The room will be available to all residents, not just PPB Members
but the PPB Members will be the primary monitors of rules compliance.
If you see non-compliance, please ask the person to comply or leave
and if you get resistance, call Patrol 1 at 825-9814.
6. The PPB will hold no competitive play events during this phase of
re-opening.
7). Please use your own personal chalk.
Thank you,
The Pool Players of The Brooke

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Here is what our HOA has posted on our pool room door.

CRC Billiard Room New Hours of Operation:

9:00 AM – 3:00 PM Open for play.
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Closed for cleaning.
4:00 PM – 9:00 PM Open for play.
necessary.
2. Face Masks are mandatory by all persons entering the CRC.
3. Billiard Room maximum occupancy is 8. Limit of 2 players per
table to reduce the potential of overloading the room.
4. We have reduced the number of chairs to 8 to increase room for
social distancing. Do not bring in more chairs.
5. The room will be available to all residents, not just PPB Members
but the PPB Members will be the primary monitors of rules compliance.
If you see non-compliance, please ask the person to comply or leave
and if you get resistance, call Patrol 1 at 825-9814.
6. The PPB will hold no competitive play events during this phase of
re-opening.
7). Please use your own personal chalk.
Thank you,
The Pool Players of The Brooke

Seems black & white, not hard to understand, not hard to comprehend, but I am sure I am wrong, as there are stupid people in the World in 2020.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Seems black & white, not hard to understand, not hard to comprehend, but I am sure I am wrong, as there are stupid people in the World in 2020.

Yes, I agree and you can't fix that. Our club came up with these rules back in May when we were allowed to re-open. We had to compromise with the mask wearing because we wanted to play pool badly!! We live in a community that has had about 5 or 6 COVID reported. We have had none since we re-opened the pool room.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will make sense to Arnaldo, here's what GVR is doing if your not already aware.

Play is by reservation only, on line sign up.
Must wear mask.
Playing periods are in two hour blocks with a 1 hour period in between to clean.
Number of people in the room is limited to 2 per table, no spectators.
At this time only GVR billiard club members are allowed to play.
GVR waiver must be signed.

I have not been playing, not comfortable with it at this time.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
This will make sense to Arnaldo, here's what GVR is doing if your not already aware.

Play is by reservation only, on line sign up.
Must wear mask.
Playing periods are in two hour blocks with a 1 hour period in between to clean.
Number of people in the room is limited to 2 per table, no spectators.
At this time only GVR billiard club members are allowed to play.
GVR waiver must be signed.

I have not been playing, not comfortable with it at this time.

If GVR is Green Valley Rec, hello from SaddleBrooke. Your club has always beat our Pool Players of The Brooke every time we play. Glad you guys are getting back to the game. :wave3: Joe G.