Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He plays I hit balls with him recently and hes hitting them reeeeaaaalll good....we played on a 5x10 and he made every ball he shot at lol

and as for Johns record.....its great he did it, but I played golf at a high level (nationwide tour) and this would be like me shortening the course and making the hole bigger and saying I broke the course record. Sounds great but not the same thing lol

Pretty cool you played on the Nationwide tour. I was an Assistant Pro at course Rickie Fowler grew up on. Played with him and some other juniors fairly often. I knew Brendan Steele pretty well too.

Don't really like your comparison. For me, Mosconi has the record on an 8 foot table. Schmidt has the record on a 9 foot table. Crane has the record on a 10 foot table.

A course record would be from the tips in golf. Golf has one size hole but there are different size pockets for different tables. A course record in a PGA event is much stronger than a normal day on the golf course. The conditions between the two can't even be compared. I don't think the conditions are that much different in pool to warrant an asterisk after ever run denoting pocket size and cloth etc.

Cranfield's run might be the record on 9 foot but I don't think anybody witnessed it. I am not sure if you can have a course record in golf if you went out by yourself? Schmidt's run is the highest on video any way you slice it.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today's players are as babes in the woods. They have a lot of stamina, but very little knowledge of the game of 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. Most of them cannot even explain the game to themselves, much less to others. They all miss the same little simple shots to end their runs. Lack of concentration, they even miss with ball in hand opportunities. 7 ball, 8 ball, 9 ball, ten ball, 1 pocket , same excuses. They blow'em and run off and hide. Bracket players, most of them only have to win about six or eight sets to become a world champion. Mosconi's World Championships came in Round Robin Championships, where each player plays every other player, not just win and play a few of the best and some of the rest of the players. Lassiter never beat Mosconi in championship 14.1 play. Irving Crane did beat him one time over a span of 17 years. But, of course, Mosconi couldn't play as well as today's punk ass no job young'uns. Mosconi also played and could explain up to seven shots ahead of the shot he was shooting. Ask one of these so called players of today or any day to equal that. You will get the most go to hell look of your life. Continued....

Yes you may be right. Mosconi played better safeties, kicked better, shot better, had a better cue ball and was mentally stronger than the players today, including the legends.
Sure.

Go watch Orcollo sometime: what Mosconi did Orcollo does as fast as Willie did or faster, the difference is that Orcollo has a LOT more firepower to get out of trouble when he is in trouble.

Please, I repeat: tell me what does Mosconi did better than Orcollo on a pool table?

I'm giving you one example of a champion pool player of today, not exactly a "young gun"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes
my opinion is free though... keep that in mind.

I'm not afraid of being wrong neither and well aware I could be in some my statements

I have never seen Mosconi playing live, much less in his prime. So that alone should give leas credibility to my assessments, I'm aware of this.

But it is easy to deduce that he wasn't as strong a shot maker as the champions today.

Lassiter was known to be amazing in this part of the game, so maybe he was up to par in this department with the current champions. But I know Mosconi wasn't

Now, this does not mean he didn't play better 14.1 than most or all champions of today. I can understand this.
And I can understand that maybe he did play better than them all

It is very clear that Reyes, for instance, was never as good playing 14.1 than Mosconi was. FACT.

but, my opinion is that Reyes could have been.

In my post there are a lot of "ifs" and "could have beens"

My point is that shot making goes a long way, in all pool games!

And my opinion stands that I think Mosconi (technically) patterns, speed, kicking, safety play, shotmaking, cue ball control, mental toughness
did not excel in all these over the today champions, and that if anything, the champions and legends of today could do many of all this aspects of the game better than him.

The reason why I think this is because I know that the champions of today would beat Mosconi in all other games but 14.1. I think this is a fact.

And the reason why this is a fact is why I think that if these champions of today were to dedicated themselves to play 14.1 they would also be of equal or better skill than Mosconi was

No reason why not

In comparing all these one must ask why a player like Mosconi was a better player (over all) why was he better?
And you can only answer this by thinking of how good he was in every aspect of pool playing (not just 14.1 game)

As strong as you think Mosconi was mentally
I dont think it compares with Reyes mental toughness
Not close, in my opinion
Concentration, not close neither

I mean, its very easy for people to say "Marc you're wrong Mosconi was better"
but they have little to explain on why

Like I said: what did Mosconi did in the pool table better than Reyes
Not too many things if any, in my opinion in most departments Reyes is an overall better pool player

I believe Mosconi dismantled Lassiter the times they played.

And frankly, just to reverse your argument, if Mosconi had dedicated himself to 9ball, or 10ball, or 1pocket he would have been just as great as he was at 14.1. But we'll never really know. What we do know is that he won 15 world championships against fields of professional straight pool mechanics -- the best of his era -- and dominated.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes you may be right. Mosconi played better safeties, kicked better, shot better, had a better cue ball and was mentally stronger than the players today, including the legends.
Sure.

Go watch Orcollo sometime: what Mosconi did Orcollo does as fast as Willie did or faster, the difference is that Orcollo has a LOT more firepower to get out of trouble when he is in trouble.

Please, I repeat: tell me what does Mosconi did better than Orcollo on a pool table?

I'm giving you one example of a champion pool player of today, not exactly a "young gun"

Here's what Mosconi did better than Orcullo does: play 14.1.

Lou Figueroa
that was easy

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe Mosconi dismantled Lassiter the times they played.

And frankly, just to reverse your argument, if Mosconi had dedicated himself to 9ball, or 10ball, or 1pocket he would have been just as great as he was at 14.1. But we'll never really know. What we do know is that he won 15 world championships against fields of professional straight pool mechanics -- the best of his era -- and dominated.

Lou Figueroa

9 of this world championships he had to beat only 1 player. Think I read somewhere..
you may know better

I'm sure he was a great player and one of the very best in 14.1.
But Skill is skill, again: what do you think he did better on the table than the top guys today?
what areas of the game of pool was he better at?
Not 14.1 only pool in general.

I give you the argument: maybe he was better than anyone in 14.1
anyone who's ever lived
Fine

But would he had been if the champions today were more dedicated to 14.1?
I don't think so.

The taiwanese players have the whole package
they are flawless in all departments

My point is that it only makes sense that the players who miss less, pocket better, focus better, have the cueball on the string and are extremely tough mentally, would naturally be as good or better than Mosconi playing ANY game (providing they put the hours playing every game)

I can beat a world 9-ball champion in One Pocket any day if said World champion has never played a game of One pocket before,

And I'm just a "short stop"!
but let the World Champion play the game enough and we would see if I keep liking it ...

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
nein' tape 4 u

i am from germany and 30 years ago ive played in the same division with engert and some other good straight pool players .
i would say i know something about the history of straight pool .
ive seen some of schmidts 400s , everything fine with it
big pockets like in the ol days .
fast cloth , not my preference , but ok .
comparing 860 to 760 , to me 860 is easier to play .
heated/sanded slate i dont know .
i would choose mosconis table for a record attempt .
and i dont believe that sigel made a statement like on 760 mosconi 2000 balls .

by the way ....who is danny harriman ???

I sent a half of dozen tapes to germany (notice no caps) u must been hiding under a rock - get me point? I doubt yer in the conversation with Engert but yea it sounds cool on internet 2 say yer in the same divide - i would imagine there are mountains standing between yer and Engert's game. Engert is a Champion.

Last edited:

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps you could become a B+ if you put down that keyboard and spent that time trying to figure out for yourself what Mosconi could really do in the game of Billiards, not just 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. And, on,of all things, 5x10 Carom tables, not the junior bar tables of your heroes. Continued...

If you two played I'd bet on Marc - if I were a betting man. :)

You never know who you are talking to online.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Perhaps you could become a B+ if you put down that keyboard and spent that time trying to figure out for yourself what Mosconi could really do in the game of Billiards, not just 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. And, on,of all things, 5x10 Carom tables, not the junior bar tables of your heroes. Continued...

My heroes consistently average over 900 Accustats ratings playing 10-ball in the only 10-foot table event in the world currently: 10-Foot Challenge at the Derby City Classic

they dont miss a ball!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Today's players are as babes in the woods. They have a lot of stamina, but very little knowledge of the game of 14.1 Straight Pool Continuous. Most of them cannot even explain the game to themselves, much less to others. They all miss the same little simple shots to end their runs. Lack of concentration, they even miss with ball in hand opportunities. 7 ball, 8 ball, 9 ball, ten ball, 1 pocket , same excuses. They blow'em and run off and hide. Bracket players, most of them only have to win about six or eight sets to become a world champion. Mosconi's World Championships came in Round Robin Championships, where each player plays every other player, not just win and play a few of the best and some of the rest of the players. Lassiter never beat Mosconi in championship 14.1 play. Irving Crane did beat him one time over a span of 17 years. But, of course, Mosconi couldn't play as well as today's punk ass no job young'uns. Mosconi also played and could explain up to seven shots ahead of the shot he was shooting. Ask one of these so called players of today or any day to equal that. You will get the most go to hell look of your life. Continued....
You need to decide if Mosconi or Danny is your man crush.

Sent from the future.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I said almost a year. Yer not with me - in my world - i don't need to twist words to make my story sound better - as in yer's. Capiche?

Just joking. This has gotten a little much for me. Originally I was in the “he did it” camp but I’ve been pulled towards the dark side somewhere around page 30 or so. Now I don’t doubt he ran 626 but I question it’s relevance after hearing about the table bring less that straight up and his reluctance to present evidence. Why not just post a five minute teaser on YouTube to let us get the feel of the run. Plus a tried and true, hands down 100 ball runner who I respect explained his game compared to more traditional 14.1 players and that turned me off a bit. Either way I’m ready to move on. So going forward my comments will be more useless than normal and will only provide entertainment to me. Chances are only I get will a chuckle when I post but that’s fine. Don’t mean for anyone to take it personally but that shit happens but intent is just as important as the result.

But I did run 37 the other day. It ended with a cue ball foul when I was a little jacked up proving I’m an idiot.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sent a half of dozen tapes to germany (notice no caps) u must been hiding under a rock - get me point? I doubt yer in the conversation with Engert but yea it sounds cool on internet 2 say yer in the same divide - i would imagine there are mountains standing between yer and Engert's game. Engert is a Champion.

voure right danny ,
its very easy to get attention in social media , you know better than me .
youre a good straight pool player but i dont like your behavior and your retoric the chosen one attitude .
john schmidt ran 626 on a regular table , and the easiest table of the world is still there .
if i would have the chance to run some hundreds on this table , i would do it .
and than i could say , i know what im talking about .
im out danny
keep in stroke everybody

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One junction comes to mind.

It's not legit and there's no way to play it.

Or it is legit and he took the money instead.

Or some soup of the two.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thing to be fair. He may be working on moarer. There's DO's 1000 for one and just plain heart might motivate one (JS) to to do a definitive run; at least better the alleged one, not just numbers but "better" patterns etc...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My heroes consistently average over 900 Accustats ratings playing 10-ball in the only 10-foot table event in the world currently: 10-Foot Challenge at the Derby City Classic

they dont miss a ball!

For the last 7 years of the Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge (2014-2020), 105 matches have been played (15 each year). So 210 Accu-Stats TPAs (Total Performance Average) have been posted. Of those 210, 35 have been in the 900s (17%).

Here is a list of the 13 players who have posted at least one 900+ TPA in the past 7 years, their total number of 900+ TPAs, and their total number of matches played.

Bustamante -- 1 900+ in 11 matches (9%)
Chang J-L -- 3 of 4 (75%)
Corteza -- 1 of 16 (6%)
Filler -- 4 of 8 (50%)
Gomez -- 1 of 4 (25%)
Gorst -- 2 of 6 (33%)
Hohmann -- 1 of 2 (50%)
Immonen -- 2 of 5 (40%)
Kazakis -- 1 of 4 (25%)
Orcollo -- 2 of 13 (15%)
Pagulayan -- 2 of 11 (18%)
Shaw -- 8 of 18 (44%)
Van Boening -- 7 of 19 (37%)

Total for these 13 players -- 35 of 121 (29%)

All other Bigfoot entrants 2014-2020 -- 0 of 89 (0%)

Total -- 35 of 210 (17%)

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

why do ya imagine the mountains between the games .
because ive post something ya dont like ?

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we talking about the history of straight pool .
we talking about mosconi , crane , balsis , lassiter , caras , mizerak , sigel .

who is danny harriman ?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you two played I'd bet on Marc - if I were a betting man. :)

You never know who you are talking to online.

IF never did do anything. I know who(m) ur keyboarding to. Name the game and bring what you got, that's what I DO 'sucker'. :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::yes::yes:

Oops. Wrong username.
L
O
L

Fingers in gear, but mind out of gear. Time to shift horse to front of cart it is.:confused:

Well, the way you jumped to Charles' ("Danny's":wink:) defense...you are either the same person, or trying to hold his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.