Hammerhead break cue tip review
Old
  (#1)
Welder84
AzB Silver Member
Welder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Welder84's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hooville
   
Hammerhead break cue tip review - 11-13-2018, 11:14 AM

Hi all,
I would like to give a brief review on the Hammerhead break/jump tip from Outsville. I have tried several different phenolic and leather break tips to date. The highlights of the Hammerhead tip are that it breaks with control and a softer feel than traditional phenolic tips. There is also no hollow ping sound, but the Hammerhead crushes the rack like a phenolic should. When playing Nineball I can use the cut break with outside English without fear of a miscue. As of today this is my favorite tip by far.The people at Outsville shipped the tip quickly and hassle free.

Last edited by Welder84; 11-13-2018 at 03:45 PM.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#2)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 372
vCash: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2006
   
11-13-2018, 11:53 AM

I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Welder84
AzB Silver Member
Welder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond reputeWelder84 has a reputation beyond repute
 
Welder84's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hooville
   
11-13-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 372
vCash: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2006
   
11-13-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder84 View Post
Hi Kev,
Have you tried to buy a Hammerhead from Outsville? If you are talking about a different website please do not discourage people from Outsville.
I was talking about Caliberbilliards in my post, not about Outsville. They are a partner of Outsville.
When ordering from Outsville the shipping costs (to Europe) are as much as the tip itself.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#5)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 7,368
vCash: 500
iTrader: 13 / 93%
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Murica
   
11-14-2018, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I heard good things about these tips as well so I put in an order at caliberbilliards (they offer free shipping worldwide) but I have yet to receive anything (this was more than 3 months ago).
When I try to contact them they do not respond (actually they did once 6 weeks after placing the order, saying that they would look into it, but I haven't heard from them since). So beware.
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 372
vCash: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2006
   
11-14-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Caliber's ph. # is in Orange,Co Calif. Did you read his wording? Sounds like a scam site to me. Sure this is affiliated with Outsville? I have my "doubts-ville" about that? 3mos to get a tip is pure bulls^*t.
They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute
 
The Renfro's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Knoxville TN
   
01-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
They probably never shipped the order, as I didn't get any despatchment info, only the confirmation that I had paid for the order.

I got in contact with Outsville and they said Caliberbilliards is one of their partners and they would contact them to see what's going on. I haven't heard anything from them (Outsville) after that, which was 6 weeks ago.
Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....


Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
Kev
AzB Silver Member
Kev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond reputeKev has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 372
vCash: 25
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Jul 2006
   
01-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
Sorry Kev I just saw this as I don't do AZ much anymore.....

I will reach out again to Caliber and see if I can get an answer or a refund. They are a wholesale customer who has sold our products in the past not a partner. We have no investors or partners.....
Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute
 
The Renfro's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 5,508
vCash: 1700
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Knoxville TN
   
01-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Hi Chris, thanks but I already got the refund from PayPal. The person I had contact with on FB told me Caliberbilliards was a partner.
I would still like to try the Hammerhead and other Outsville tips someday, do you know if there is someone in Europe that is selling them?
We are talking to a few companies in Europe and they are waiting on our 2019 Price List and product brochure... We hope to have those done next week...


Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com
  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.