Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Ask The Instructor
Reload this Page Please Help Me Fix My STROKE
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member
Jonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-10-2019, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Already trying things and seeing some flaws.

Looks like my cue tip goes to the left across the cue ball when striking it. I am not coming through straight or accurate. I make it work when things are good, but when there is a bit of pressure it quickly falls apart.

Old
  (#17)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-15-2019, 07:41 AM

It's a bit pricey, around $150, but the Digicue Blue with interactive app is a very good stroke training tool.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#18)
Scott Lee
AzB Silver Member

Scott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond reputeScott Lee has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

01-22-2019, 02:05 AM

Jonas111...Is Seattle WA an option? I will be up there the first of March teaching, and I can definitely help you. You can then take the lesson home to BC, to practice on your home table, because I video record the entire lesson.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Already trying things and seeing some flaws.

Looks like my cue tip goes to the left across the cue ball when striking it. I am not coming through straight or accurate. I make it work when things are good, but when there is a bit of pressure it quickly falls apart.

PBIA Master Instructor

Old
  (#19)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member
Jonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Lee View Post
Jonas111...Is Seattle WA an option? I will be up there the first of March teaching, and I can definitely help you. You can then take the lesson home to BC, to practice on your home table, because I video record the entire lesson.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
It would be an option for sure and I would love to work with someone with your reputation. Wonít work this March unfortunately.

Thanks for reaching out.

Old
  (#20)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2019, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
It's a bit pricey, around $150, but the Digicue Blue with interactive app is a very good stroke training tool.
Do you have one of these tools?

Member of NRA

Old
  (#21)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie dog View Post
Do you have one of these tools?
Yes. Used it to help the timing of my stroke. It definitely lets you know if there's any tip steering or other wonky stroke things happening. It's the next best thing to having a good instructor stand next to you to point out any flaws. Sometimes even better, because it picks up things that are difficult to see by simply watching.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 01-22-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Old
  (#22)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member
Prairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond reputePrairie dog has a reputation beyond repute

01-22-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Yes. Used it to help the timing of my stroke. It definitely lets you know if there's any tip steering or other wonky stroke things happening. It's the next best thing to having a good instructor stand next to you to point out any flaws. Sometimes even better, because it picks up things that are difficult to see by simply watching.
I just now ordered one. I've had to shorten my bridge length. With my normal bridge, at break speed, I have a little left English and can not get rid of it.... except with a shorter bridge.

Member of NRA

Old
  (#23)
BC21
Poolology

01-22-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I just now ordered one. I've had to shorten my bridge length. With my normal bridge, at break speed, I have a little left English and can not get rid of it.... except with a shorter bridge.
Here's a screenshot of the things it detects. The app explains what each parameter means.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#24)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member

01-22-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Here's a screenshot of the things it detects. The app explains what each parameter means.

That looks like a great stroke. Was this after you have worked with the device? There is a guy with this device on the Main Thread asking about his results.

Member of NRA

Old
  (#25)
Twalte
AzB Bronze Member
Twalte is on a distinguished road

01-22-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
That looks like a great stroke. Was this after you have worked with the device? There is a guy with this device on the Main Thread asking about his results.
Yes, I was inquiring if itís normal to see lower follow through on draw strokes. The best Iím getting is a 6 or 7 on follow through.....and even worse on draw shots, Is that normal? Thanks!

Old
  (#26)
BC21
Poolology

01-22-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
This was after a few dozen shots, working on staying down after the shot and working on that slight pause before the final stroke. The other parameters were already showing good from the start. Having slacked off over the last couple of years on how often I play, I developed a bad habit of rushing shots and rushing from one shot to the next. This little gadget allowed me to get a good feel for my timing. Now I'm back in tune with a more timed shot process and more consistency. It's a great boost to confidence when you run a couple of racks then check the app and see every shot in the green on every parameter. That's what makes the thing so beneficial -- immediate, real-time feedback.

The "Follow Through" isn't how far you follow through with the stroke. It measures the acceleration of the cue during follow through, and that's what gives a good result.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 01-22-2019 at 03:00 PM.

Homemade training aid
Old
  (#27)
Imac007
AzB Silver Member
Imac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond reputeImac007 has a reputation beyond repute

Homemade training aid - 01-22-2019, 04:24 PM

https://youtu.be/7jmB4MnbwF8

Watch from about :45
Non-english video but audio not needed.

Old
  (#28)
bbb
AzB Silver Member
bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-23-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
my results were not as enthusiastic as i could hit a perfect stop shot and the buzzers would go off . also it told me there were issues but not how to fix them

Old
  (#29)
Mich
AzB Silver Member
Mich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond reputeMich has a reputation beyond repute

01-23-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
You are not that far from Portland, Oregon and I know a fantastic teacher there. I had a stroke issue until yesterday and he fixed it.
Who is the instructor in Oregon you recommend?

Old
  (#30)
Prairie dog
AzB Silver Member

01-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
Who is the instructor in Oregon you recommend?
Robin Dreyer in Portland. Phone number 503-848-0422. Robindreyer.com. My name is Dennis.

Member of NRA

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: