Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page scoring 14:1
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
TSW
AzB Silver Member
TSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-16-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andstop
I can't help myself for asking, but why in the world would you want to do that? It's one of the most strategic parts of the game.

I think it would be a travesty to reduce the intricacy and depth 14.1 offers.
I agree. It reminds me of the wacky 7-ball rules they tried in some TV tournaments where a missed shot gives ball in hand to the opponent. Run out or else - it removed all safety play from the game.

Why take away strategies from good games??

Old
  (#17)
mullyman
Hung Like a Gnat!
mullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond reputemullyman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

07-16-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andstop
I can't help myself for asking, but why in the world would you want to do that? It's one of the most strategic parts of the game.

I think it would be a travesty to reduce the intricacy and depth 14.1 offers.

I'm with you 110% on this but I gotta say, for lower level players BIH may not be a bad idea in the beginning so it gives them a chance to start picking out patterns. I agree that safety play and intentional fouls need to be learned but in the beginning I think patterns take precedent. I surely wouldn't want BIH rules for official play.
MULLY

http://forums.azbilliards.com/signaturepics/sigpic10522_1.gif

Old
  (#18)
3andstop
Focus
3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute3andstop has a reputation beyond repute

07-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Mully, in this case I have to respectfully disagree. I learned straight pool with the rules as they are and I'm sure beginners to the game will be ok doing it too.

It's the very mistakes that are made by incorrect safetys that are the teachers.

I think the safety play should be viewed as integral to the game as a whole and not as a module that can be replaced at a later date. JMHO.

Old
  (#19)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-24-2019, 11:11 AM

For those old-fashioned people who don't like those smarty-phone things but do like paper, here is the Playpool.com scoresheet mentioned above. That site no longer exists but archive.org has all its versions and files. Here is the PDF for the legal-sized sheet:

straightscoresht.pdf

There was an Excel file that is related but the download I got was broken.

Here is what the upper-left of the page looks like:

Name:  CropperCapture[310].png
Views: 50
Size:  32.3 KB

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#20)
CESSNA10
AzB Gold Member
CESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond reputeCESSNA10 has a reputation beyond repute

05-24-2019, 01:33 PM

Ball in hand? Lets not turn straight pool into 9 ball.
The rules are sacred

Last edited by CESSNA10; 05-25-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: