AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Brunswick Wellington...?

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#16)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-18-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betyouaint View Post
Apologies if you've already seen this in the main forum but after posting I was pointed here for a more precise answer. It was suggested that my table is a Brunswick Wellington but on further investigation there seems to be a number of design cues that are inconsistent with this model. E.g. the lower taper on the leg (pic 6), the additional profiled pieces on the base directly above the legs (pic 5). Were there variations over the years or is it possible that it was modified at some point? Or am I just barking up the wrong tree altogether?

The "Wellington" was manufactured under 18 different construction patents from 1892 to 1905. In other words, your table was built using a number of different practices and construction designs. Much in the same way GC1's are very different from GC5's.

I'll try to post some old catalog pictures.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: