drawing the cue ball left or right
Old
  (#1)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

drawing the cue ball left or right - 01-16-2019, 12:04 AM

in hitting the object ball which is one foot from the cue ball, with low right draw, the cue ball comes back maybe a few inches to the right, and just sits and spins? when I see the pros do this shot, the cue ball goes perfectly to the right or the left as it draws back.

how is this shot done? im looking to move the cue ball back and left with low left and a draw stroke. but I never get much movement to the left on the cue ball??

I seem to be able to do it on the line up drill, but the cue ball is very close to the object ball. im looking for shots 12 to 18 inches away from the object ball. thanks for any advice.

Old
  (#2)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2019, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judochoke View Post
in hitting the object ball which is one foot from the cue ball, with low right draw, the cue ball comes back maybe a few inches to the right, and just sits and spins? when I see the pros do this shot, the cue ball goes perfectly to the right or the left as it draws back.

how is this shot done? im looking to move the cue ball back and left with low left and a draw stroke. but I never get much movement to the left on the cue ball??

I seem to be able to do it on the line up drill, but the cue ball is very close to the object ball. im looking for shots 12 to 18 inches away from the object ball. thanks for any advice.
Slightly elevated cue if you're talking about a massť draw shot. A straight in draw shot shot with side spin will draw straight back unless you strike the cb with a downward/elevated stroke.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#3)
KenRobbins
AzB Silver Member
KenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond reputeKenRobbins has a reputation beyond repute

01-16-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:

Sounds like your getting more side spin then draw. You need to hit the cue ball lower and make sure you follow through. If your aiming low enough where you want to hit it and not succeeding, most likely your dropping your elbow before contact. When you drop your elbow before contact it raises the tip up and hits the cue ball closer to center, which will cause the cue ball only to move a couple inches. That's the main reason for recording yourself, so you can review on what's going on.

Old
  (#4)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-16-2019, 09:10 AM

Just cheat the pocket and use middle ball draw.
Straight in shot shoot the object ball to the left side of the pocket and the cue ball will draw back slightly to the right.
Just reverse it to draw back left.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#5)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-16-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Side spin does not by itself make the cue ball move to the left or right off the object ball.

Do you understand what "cheating the pocket" is?

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#6)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

01-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Side spin does not by itself make the cue ball move to the left or right off the object ball.

Do you understand what "cheating the pocket" is?
didn't i explain that in my post above yours?

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#7)
judochoke
AzB Silver Member
judochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond reputejudochoke has a reputation beyond repute

01-17-2019, 12:32 AM

thanks for the info guys. I will be practicing these shots

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: