Tiger Butterfly Cue
Old
  (#1)
Runnintable
AzB Silver Member

Runnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Tiger Butterfly Cue - 03-16-2019, 08:21 PM

Hello,

I picked up a Tiger cue at last years Expo. Got it with a X pro shaft.

At the time cue was prototype by Tiger, they had only one /two styles in booth.
The cue reminded me of what Willie Blade is doing in the Ukraine. I mentioned this to Tony Kalamdaryan in the Tiger booth at the time, maybe that was the inspiration for this line.

I got it with an extension that couples to butt of the cue with an adapter bumper.
What they do is take rubber bumper out which is threaded and screw in a light plastic threaded piece that a small bumper screws into. the extension screws onto the plastic piece.

They introduced this cue with a new pin design. It is a 3/8x8 quick release. You can tighten it up pretty snug and when you got to break down cue ..comes apart very easily.
I was already a fan of big pin wood to wood joints. My main player is Southwest style 3/8x11.

Cue hits firm with nice feedback even with the X Pro LD shaft. The shaft is stiff. It has Tiger's Onyx tip on it. The tip holds shape and requires very very little maintenance.
Prior to this cue I was familiar with Predator Z shaft, which I have had Kamui Black softs on. The tip I would consider a hard tip.

This review is based on year of play..mostly 8 Ball bar box and straight pool leagues.
If I decide to keep it will probably grab a standard shaft from Tiger at this years Expo.

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  195.8 KB

Good Luck and Good Strokes,

RunninTable

Last edited by Runnintable; 03-24-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: review of cue overall

Old
  (#2)
Eugene Ivantsov
AzB Silver Member
Eugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond reputeEugene Ivantsov has a reputation beyond repute

03-24-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnintable View Post

The cue reminded me of what Willie Blade is doing in Russia.

Attachment 515385
Nice cue.Willie Blade based in Ukraine 😀

Willie Blade
Old
  (#3)
Runnintable
AzB Silver Member

Runnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond reputeRunnintable has a reputation beyond repute

Willie Blade - 03-24-2019, 04:16 PM

Thanks for clarification.

RunninTable

x pro
Old
  (#4)
Runnintable
AzB Silver Member

x pro - 03-26-2019, 08:39 AM

any input from players familiar with X Pro shaft and Onyx tip.

I know there are million tip and shaft combos out there theses days.

Soliciting players who have tried other tips with the Xpro shaft.
My only comparison is with Z shaft with a Black Kamuii soft, but the Xpro is very different than the Z.

RunninTable

I was lucky enought to get the Proto Xpro as well!
Old
  (#5)
MalibuMike
A Guilty Bystander
MalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond reputeMalibuMike has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to MalibuMike  
I was lucky enought to get the Proto Xpro as well! - 04-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Its one of my top 3 shafts!
I got the 30" ExPro with the new logo and tip size 12.25mm (up from 11.75mm) It plays awesome!
Better then the Revo, see my Revo on my sig pic below, I sold it for another Mezz ExPro! Also up there with the Tiger Xpro is the Jacoby UltraPro!
Onyx Tips are awesome, as good as any Zan!
Attached Images

All is Grace,
"Malibu" Mike Murphy

Shooter: Schon R-14 light Blue w/Schon Stitched 30" Mezz EXPROShaft with PreciSion Tips from Dennis Searing (Medium)
Spare Cue: Schon LTD 8?? one of one, Bocote forearm, Tulip wood in points/Jacoby Hybrid Shaft 31" with PreciSion (Med.) Tip
: 80's Red R14 New Stacked Leather Wrap with early 80's rare Runde 30" Shaft Micarta Ferrule 13mm (on Top)

Malibu
Old
  (#6)
Runnintable
AzB Silver Member

Malibu - 04-12-2019, 01:22 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

I am starting to like the Onyx tip more and more.

RunninTable

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: