Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page y'all hit any new shots lately?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
SeaBrisket
AzB Bronze Member
SeaBrisket is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

06-17-2019, 10:24 AM

I was happy to stumble into this one in an 8 ball tourney this weekend. My balls were badly clustered around the table. With lots of work to do, I landed myself on these tied up balls with the intention of playing a safe while getting them separated. As soon as I lined up on it I realized I could clear the 14 without it touching the 11 and applying a little forward I came off the rail to pocket the 11 with the cue ball. The big-pocket Valley took care of the rest.

Not the most advanced or difficult shot but I was pleased to identify that it was there and change gears to offense mode.

Sorry if my ChalkyPad skills blow.
Attached Images

Old
  (#17)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-17-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBrisket View Post
I was happy to stumble into this one in an 8 ball tourney this weekend. My balls were badly clustered around the table. With lots of work to do, I landed myself on these tied up balls with the intention of playing a safe while getting them separated. As soon as I lined up on it I realized I could clear the 14 without it touching the 11 and applying a little forward I came off the rail to pocket the 11 with the cue ball. The big-pocket Valley took care of the rest.

Not the most advanced or difficult shot but I was pleased to identify that it was there and change gears to offense mode.

Sorry if my ChalkyPad skills blow.
You can also play the shot when the balls are frozen and the second one starts to move some. The left side spin helps the cue ball catch up and redirect the back ball to the pocket.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#18)
RailBanger
AzB Bronze Member
RailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond reputeRailBanger has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2019, 10:10 PM

I would never in a million years think to hit a ball like Earl Strickland does here:

https://youtu.be/_DFlLJ3fHzk?t=32

So that's new to me.

Old
  (#19)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailBanger View Post
I would never in a million years think to hit a ball like Earl Strickland does here:

https://youtu.be/_DFlLJ3fHzk?t=32

So that's new to me.
That's a half-ball-follow angle shot. It's a very important shot to know and can get you out of a lot of jams.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#20)
Limeymc
AzB Bronze Member
Limeymc is on a distinguished road

06-25-2019, 04:29 AM

I learned a shot where you jack the cue up and shoot into the rail to make the white jump over obstacle. I have also accidentally made it curve when it lands back on the table using sidespin

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: