Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Sky Woodward - Record "24" ?
Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
06-20-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
Thassawwrite.

Thisses better:
Clutch May 9, 1995 Tight Like That Lyrics:
Woke up this morning, put on my Sunday shoes / Don' t ask me why, it's just the nature of my groove.

Old
  (#47)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-20-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
Wtf? Without hitting the foot rail, or drawing into the side rail first...or adding non-standard diamonds to the table?

This I gotta see.

Just so we are on the same page, how many diamonds does a standard table have, from foot spot to foot rail?
Lol.... its a 9' pro-am. Im sure you can figure it out...lol.

As for a vid, ill put one up as soon as i can if i don't already have some footage of the shot.

Just to make sure were on same page:

OB is on spot, i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail.

All it is, is a "pocket speed" spot shot. Im talking speed where the OB almost dont fall.

If you just have to see it, ill make darn sure to do it just for m-man BB.

Laters baby.....

BTW.......Yur-momma wears concrete combat boots.

Lol....

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Old
  (#48)
nibrobus
AzB Silver Member
nibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond reputenibrobus has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
Lol.... its a 9' pro-am. Im sure you can figure it out...lol.

As for a vid, ill put one up as soon as i can if i don't already have some footage of the shot.

Just to make sure were on same page:

OB is on spot, i take BIH behind line, shit OB in corner and CB stops before touching "any" rail.

All it is, is a "pocket speed" spot shot. Im talking speed where the OB almost dont fall.

If you just have to see it, ill make darn sure to do it just for m-man BB.

Laters baby.....

BTW.......Yur-momma wears concrete combat boots.

Lol....
I hardly ever post here, but about a year ago or so I asked if anyone had seen Efren shoot the shot you just described. I've heard differing reports on how he hit it; some people saying he lagged the ball in and some people said he hit it with an elevated cue, firm stroke and half masse'd it in. I've made the shot myself on a crappy 7' Valley that had horrendous cloth on it, I'm curious to see your method. Cheers and good shooting!

Old
  (#49)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrobus View Post
I hardly ever post here, but about a year ago or so I asked if anyone had seen Efren shoot the shot you just described. I've heard differing reports on how he hit it; some people saying he lagged the ball in and some people said he hit it with an elevated cue, firm stroke and half masse'd it in. I've made the shot myself on a crappy 7' Valley that had horrendous cloth on it, I'm curious to see your method. Cheers and good shooting!
Ive did the masse method but, let just say: it took FOREVER before i did it. If memory serves, it was a couple hours if non-stop shoot and spot the ball...not worth it to me unless i had someone to chase CB and OB around the table, not to mention, when balls go off the table.

The only way i can do it withiut it killing me is "slow roll" the CB and shoot it till make OB and hut no rail....

Very touchy shot and a must to know the table..

Ill post a vid but i have to wait until i get a bit more free time from doctor visits etc...etc from wife's surgery.

Jeff

Old
  (#50)
freds
AzB Bronze Member
freds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 05:17 PM

"not hitting the foot rail" (heck, I can do that, sometimes twice in a row) is a far cry from "stopping 1.5 diamonds from the foot rail", which I think was what was claimed. That is the "gotta see it to believe it" dept.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Old
  (#51)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-20-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freds View Post
"not hitting the foot rail" (heck, I can do that, sometimes twice in a row) is a far cry from "stopping 1.5 diamonds from the foot rail", which I think was what was claimed. That is the "gotta see it to believe it" dept.

Ahhh!

Now i understand the "i got to see" part.

Mistyped the 1.5 diamond in wrong way.

I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Having said that, i have stopped the "CB" after contacting OB "around" 14 inches from end rail.

Again, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So, now you can see why I originally said the shot is not that hard "if" you practice it enough?

Believe it or not, ive actually had people to bet that i couldn't do it with 12 tries on my own table.

If i practice it for 30 minutes or so i can (memory here..lol) make it probably 1 out of 3 tries. Again, after running the drill for a bit.

Jeff

BTW, are you doing it on a 9' pro am with 4.5" pockets or what?

Bigger table + tighter pockets + deeper shelf = much harder.

Old
  (#52)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-20-2019, 05:54 PM

Damn BB, you butt.

Lol....i should've known better than open my mouth even though i know i can do it.

Now.......:

I gotta take time and do something else....

Yur momma

Old
  (#53)
freds
AzB Bronze Member
freds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond reputefreds has a reputation beyond repute

06-20-2019, 06:29 PM

Good point, gotta cheat to the footrail side of the pocket, I can see bigger is easier.
I don't get to play on Diamonds, have only tried it on big pockets (anniversary, other antique Brunswick, a gandy.)
But anyway, 14" from the footrail? That's more than a diamond, ain't it? still in the "I'd like to see it!" category. I remain a skeptic. :-)

Old
  (#54)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-20-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Good point, gotta cheat to the footrail side of the pocket, I can see bigger is easier.
I don't get to play on Diamonds, have only tried it on big pockets (anniversary, other antique Brunswick, a gandy.)
But anyway, 14" from the footrail? That's more than a diamond, ain't it? still in the "I'd like to see it!" category. I remain a skeptic. :-)

Alright Sir. I understand. Ill try to remember your ID on here so i can PM you...

Well, i could just start a thread with "pocket speed spot shot" as the title.

As i said before, it may (most likely) be a bit but, i will post up. I have to, otherwise BB won't let it go.

Yeah, he's an a55 like that. I try to put him on ignore but, for some reason...lol... i just cant do it.

I believe certain types of people (BB) are """""""needed"""""""" to balance things out.

Hey, BB, did you notice the quotation marks?

Jeff

Old
  (#55)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-20-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:

Well, after all the talk when i got home i shot a few (about 10 minutes).

I was able to make the shot several times and not touch a rail but, the best i did in that short time was, the contact point of CB at 11 inches from end rail.

Maybe I can do better with more practice (we'll see) cause im sure i remember stopping 14 inches from end rail.

I dunno, i wonder if the cloth being older makes a difference? It's still in vod shape and clean but its had some hours put on it for sure. Actually, over 3200 hours in last 18 months....thats a lot of time at table for me.

Until my wife got hurt, I spent several hours a day running drills and playing 14.1. These days, i do good to get 30 minutes of just hitting balls while im tired as heck.

Oh well, like I said, ill put a little time into it and see and post it up regardless of hiw bad I do.

Later,

Jeff

Old
  (#56)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-21-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
... the contact point of CB at 11 inches from end rail.
I have no idea what you mean by this phrase or even which of the two end rails you are referring to. The two end rails have their own names.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#57)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I have no idea what you mean by this phrase or even which of the two end rails you are referring to. The two end rails have their own names.
After shooting the spot shot (BIH at head string) the CB came to rest (contact point of CB) 11" from foot rail.

Im sure most others here that have 9' pro ams have/can do the same or better, surely.

Old
  (#58)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member

06-21-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Talking about shooting spot shots and not touching a rail.

Old
  (#59)
highkarate
AzB Silver Member
highkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond reputehighkarate has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibrobus View Post
I've seen efren shoot it for money. He masse'ed into it. I've seen corey do the same. Never seen it slow rolled

thats just like, your opinion man

Old
  (#60)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

06-21-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Ahhh!

Now i understand the "i got to see" part.

Mistyped the 1.5 diamond in wrong way.

I put the CB inside 1.5 diamonds from end rail.....not after contact with OB.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Having said that, i have stopped the "CB" after contacting OB "around" 14 inches from end rail.

Again, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

So, now you can see why I originally said the shot is not that hard "if" you practice it enough?

Believe it or not, ive actually had people to bet that i couldn't do it with 12 tries on my own table.

If i practice it for 30 minutes or so i can (memory here..lol) make it probably 1 out of 3 tries. Again, after running the drill for a bit.

Jeff

BTW, are you doing it on a 9' pro am with 4.5" pockets or what?

Bigger table + tighter pockets + deeper shelf = much harder.

I do not have a clue what this shot is....

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Page 4 of 8 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: