Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Outsville Order of Tecno-Dud.
Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-22-2019, 07:01 PM

I've ordered like 4 things from Outsville, never had an issue with getting anything in a good time. In fact twice I got racks earlier than estimated time.

This happens a lot with computer reviews. Someone has a bad system and it's a huge deal, never order from them, etc... but usually it's one out of 100s of systems that has an issue, it's just that most people post negative reviews and don't bother with anything that is normal so when anyone does a search the reviews are skewed to one way.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#17)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-22-2019, 07:21 PM

We are competitors on the tip amd chalk market, and this is kind of bs. We deal with thousands of tips amd boxes of chalk, every now one slips thru the cracks. And he made it good on thursday and ur upset its not delivered on saturdat. OMG

If it gets mailed thurs afternoon, ur not getting it until Monday. My god, were talking about a $20 tip not a $3k cue. Wow

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#18)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
We are competitors on the tip amd chalk market, and this is kind of bs. We deal with thousands of tips amd boxes of chalk, every now one slips thru the cracks. And he made it good on thursday and ur upset its not delivered on saturdat. OMG

If it gets mailed thurs afternoon, ur not getting it until Monday. My god, were talking about a $20 tip not a $3k cue. Wow
Love your chalk. I agree with what you said... Like I said, I report my good and bad experience when ordering online. If I get the tips, I will report that as well. My biggest issue with this was I paid for expedited 2 day shipping. I did not expect to pay $12 to get a tip mailed to me a week later.

Regards, Tom Ashworth
https://tomashworth.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator Sotka 2 with 12.9 Revo Shaft
  • Break Cue: Predator BK3
  • Jump Cue: Custom
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7
  • Table : Connelly 4'x8'

Old
  (#19)
gesan
AzB Silver Member
gesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond reputegesan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 875

06-23-2019, 10:52 AM

I'm on the side of this debate that appreciated the Op sharing his experience. From my perspective he didn't do any editorializing. He wasn't tossing stones merely posted what has happened so far relative to his order.

I would buy the stuff happens excuse once, even after paying an expedite fee, but after calling and getting assurances,that it wouldn't happen again, I would expect the vendor to make certain it didn't happen again.The size,cost,and/or qty of order shouldn't be a factor relative to basic customer service.

It seems like there are donkeys that want to criticize the messenger, and tell us how we are supposed to react to the message.

Old
  (#20)
JolietJames
Boot Party Coordinator
JolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond reputeJolietJames has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2019, 11:08 AM

Stupid thread is stupid.

Shit happens. A mistake was made. He apologised and gave you options.

You cried here to give him bad publicity.
It backfired because everyone likes and respects Chris more than you.

/thread

Science flies men to the moon. Religion flies men into buildings.

Old
  (#21)
VonRhett
Friends Call Me "von"
VonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond reputeVonRhett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000

06-23-2019, 11:20 AM

OP, you are 100% wrong.

You made TWO bad decisions, each one resulting in a disservice to those you interact with.

FIRST, you should NEVER have committed to your "Client" that you could put a tip on his cue in time, when you DID NOT have it in your possession.

The proper response should have been "I don't have that tip in-stock but I will try to get it in time. In case I can't source it in time, what is your 2nd choice?" Or something to that effect.

That would have been treating your "client" like an actual client.

By not providing full disclosure to your CUSTOMER (not client), you provided a disservice and are blaming this on a 3rd party.

Speaking of 3rd party, that is your next disservice - to Outsville and to everyone on AZ.

Countless THOUSANDS of items shipped on time, your little tip is slightly delayed and you BLAST them on AZ.

Again, YOU created this situation by over committing, when you did not even have the product in stock.

Outsville does NOT deserve the stain you are placing on them.

It is YOU whose reputation should be stained here.

You sold a service and committed to a timeline without having the parts in stock. And you NEVER told your customer (again, not client) until it was too late, thereby guaranteeing their disappointment - in you.

-von

- "Von"
Playing Cue: Paul Mottey, BOBBY HUNTER
Case: JACK JUSTIS
Other Cues: Bobby Hunter(s); JossWest(s); Mottey, Others

Where's Jimbo??

Old
  (#22)
tashworth19191
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRhett View Post
OP, you are 100% wrong.

You made TWO bad decisions, each one resulting in a disservice to those you interact with.

FIRST, you should NEVER have committed to your "Client" that you could put a tip on his cue in time, when you DID NOT have it in your possession.

The proper response should have been "I don't have that tip in-stock but I will try to get it in time. In case I can't source it in time, what is your 2nd choice?" Or something to that effect.

That would have been treating your "client" like an actual client.

By not providing full disclosure to your CUSTOMER (not client), you provided a disservice and are blaming this on a 3rd party.

Speaking of 3rd party, that is your next disservice - to Outsville and to everyone on AZ.

Countless THOUSANDS of items shipped on time, your little tip is slightly delayed and you BLAST them on AZ.

Again, YOU created this situation by over committing, when you did not even have the product in stock.

Outsville does NOT deserve the stain you are placing on them.

It is YOU whose reputation should be stained here.

You sold a service and committed to a timeline without having the parts in stock. And you NEVER told your customer (again, not client) until it was too late, thereby guaranteeing their disappointment - in you.

-von
My client knew I did not have it and I told him that I would try to expedite the shipping because Outsville advertised and sold me two day shipping. My client was aware that I did not have it and we were going to depend on Outsville to ship as advertised. That did not happen. Yes it is probably just a one off mistake. But as I have shared good post on positive things in regards to other vendors, I thought it only fair that I share my negative experiences as well.

So what I take it you are saying is that I am an evil person for sharing my experience with an online retailer. I really don't get why me sharing an experience with a vendor as a bad thing.

BTW if I try the tip and like it, I will post that also.

Best Regards, Tom Ashworth....

Regards, Tom Ashworth

Old
  (#23)
jimmyco
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-23-2019, 12:47 PM

Sounds like a critical order for an important client with time being of the essence.

Is there a reason it took three days to inquire why it had not been shipped?

"... I emailed them because the tracking showed it had not even been shipped. "

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#24)
tashworth19191

06-23-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Sounds like a critical order for an important client with time being of the essence.

Is there a reason it took three days to inquire why it had not been shipped?

"... I emailed them because the tracking showed it had not even been shipped. "
I actually figured since I ordered it Monday with two day shipping I would have it on Wednesday evening. Since it did not come, I check the status and it showed that the tracking number was issued, but not picked up. So I enquired about it early Thursday Morning. So I was trying to be patient and trust that it would be shipped.

Hope this explains it better.

Regards, Tom

Regards, Tom Ashworth

"Stuff" flows downhill
Old
  (#25)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

"Stuff" flows downhill - 06-23-2019, 12:59 PM

I think the OP has been quite mellow and professional especially considering the heat he has taken. Chris knows he has this problem several times a month, he should be prepared to deal with it. I would have overnighted a few tips, definitely waived the shipping, maybe the enter bill.

The customer is mad at Tom for not delivering on time, Tom is Outville's customer and has just as much right to be annoyed. Moreso as it seems likely that Chris dropped the ball twice.

I have owned a double handful of businesses in my life. Not my fault but my responsibility has cost me thousands. I was burned $1500 on one transaction, I honored what my employee running the front desk while I was gone had said. Lost over $700 on another transaction, again, employee's fault. I fired two men that day, poor workmanship. Other burns for various amounts, "stuff" happens! It is the business owner's responsibility to make things as right for the customer as possible.

Even Joe at Cue Components who people on here like to hate filled and doubled my order when I was accidentally shorted. That was just stock to go on my shelves so no big deal. I just wanted the rest of my order. Joe made me whole and went so far above board I have stuck up for him a half-dozen times on here. Seems you get back what you give.

Had the OP posted exactly the same about a supplier that wasn't popular on this board 90% of the posts would not only have supported him but would have attacked the supplier, something Tom hasn't done. If Chris is a businessman he will come to Tom's defense. Tom doesn't deserve any heat for just reporting what happened. Especially since he has a history of reporting the good too.

Hu

Old
  (#26)
tashworth19191

06-23-2019, 01:08 PM

Look guys at this point I just want the order I paid for:

2 Techno-Duds and 1 Break tip.

I want to try them and include them in my portfolio of custom tip work like this -?

Regards, Tom Ashworth

Last edited by tashworth19191; 06-23-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Old
  (#27)
The Renfro
Outsville.com
The Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond reputeThe Renfro has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-24-2019, 01:21 AM

I really do apologize that the order was not prosessed on time as we try our best but we do have a few each month that do not print because the stamps app sucks but percentagewise it's 1% or less based on volume..... I usually audit shipping on SUNDAY at the end of the week for unshipped items but that would not have helped at all...

We sent the order with an extra tip to make up for shipping.... We also had major storms here that Thursday that closed roads and took out power.. The storms actually took a tree down that ended up on my Envoy and blocked the driveway so it might have even went Friday as I was a bit busy and am not sure when I reprinted labels..

Either way I just refunded you the entire amount and closed your account..

Great White PRO CHALK - "Best Chalk in the UNIVERSE"

Outsville.com

Old
  (#28)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2019, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
I really do apologize that the order was not prosessed on time as we try our best but we do have a few each month that do not print because the stamps app sucks but percentagewise it's 1% or less based on volume..... I usually audit shipping on SUNDAY at the end of the week for unshipped items but that would not have helped at all...

We sent the order with an extra tip to make up for shipping.... We also had major storms here that Thursday that closed roads and took out power.. The storms actually took a tree down that ended up on my Envoy and blocked the driveway so it might have even went Friday as I was a bit busy and am not sure when I reprinted labels..

Either way I just refunded you the entire amount and closed your account..
Itís a shame thereís not a solution for a problem you can easily identify. As a business owner, Iím not sure I could accept that any percentage of my customers were not promptly receiving what they expected. Any percentage per month means it happens every month. Isnít that frustrating for you, having to deal with customers asking where their order is all the time?

My comments above are not supposed to be critical, more curious as to how a known problem goes unfixed. Iím sure thereís a good reason, and itís probably too complicated to explain here. For example, I have no idea what the stamps app is or if there are better alternatives.

As an international customer (and I guess this would be the critical part), I already have to wait quite a long time for anything ordered from Outsville. Itís kind of concerning that my order might randomly be delayed by another week.

When you say you closed his account, do you mean you settled his account, or do you mean you wonít accept orders from him in the future? It seems kind of harsh to block someone from business for simply and factually relaying their experience (and for letting people know you have a fault in your ordering process). He didnít seem unnecessarily critical or spiteful, and he has remained calm and collected despite the criticism he has received. And Iím sure he is a lot more sympathetic to your situation now that he knows you were smashed by a storm.

Old
  (#29)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2019, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuddy View Post
Itís a shame thereís not a solution for a problem you can easily identify. As a business owner, Iím not sure I could accept that any percentage of my customers were not promptly receiving what they expected. Any percentage per month means it happens every month. Isnít that frustrating for you, having to deal with customers asking where their order is all the time?

My comments above are not supposed to be critical, more curious as to how a known problem goes unfixed. Iím sure thereís a good reason, and itís probably too complicated to explain here. For example, I have no idea what the stamps app is or if there are better alternatives.

As an international customer (and I guess this would be the critical part), I already have to wait quite a long time for anything ordered from Outsville. Itís kind of concerning that my order might randomly be delayed by another week.

When you say you closed his account, do you mean you settled his account, or do you mean you wonít accept orders from him in the future? It seems kind of harsh to block someone from business for simply and factually relaying their experience (and for letting people know you have a fault in your ordering process). He didnít seem unnecessarily critical or spiteful, and he has remained calm and collected despite the criticism he has received. And Iím sure he is a lot more sympathetic to your situation now that he knows you were smashed by a storm.
Excellent post sir. If someone pays for expedited shipping to leave Monday, and it is shipped Friday, it would seem to me they should have been refunded the express shipping without having to ask, and maybe that was the case, unsure reading the posts. A free tip is a nice gesture towards the issue, although I am sure if OP wanted an extra tip he would have ordered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.

Old
  (#30)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

06-24-2019, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuddy View Post
....When you say you closed his account, do you mean you settled his account, or do you mean you wonít accept orders from him in the future?....

In any wager, there is a fool and a thief. Knowing ahead of time who you are, might just save you money.
Player: Joss
Breaker: Poison
Case: Instroke

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: