Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Outsville Order of Tecno-Dud.
Reply
Page 3 of 5 123 45
 
Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute
 
Snooker Theory's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: US
   
06-24-2019, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
I love that episode, although at the end of the episode, the soup Nazi went out of business, lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.
  
Reply With Quote

Old
  (#32)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
06-24-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renfro View Post
I really do apologize that the order was not prosessed on time as we try our best but we do have a few each month that do not print because the stamps app sucks but percentagewise it's 1% or less based on volume..... I usually audit shipping on SUNDAY at the end of the week for unshipped items but that would not have helped at all...

We sent the order with an extra tip to make up for shipping.... We also had major storms here that Thursday that closed roads and took out power.. The storms actually took a tree down that ended up on my Envoy and blocked the driveway so it might have even went Friday as I was a bit busy and am not sure when I reprinted labels..

Either way I just refunded you the entire amount and closed your account..
I would like to see a response from OP to this post now.
Renfro has been on this site for years, and can easilly be PMd or contracted in a number of ways.
Az billiards has over a million unique views a month, so a thread like this, even the headline, not only carries to a massive number of potential customers, but it is archived by Google and stays around forever.
Are these potential customers militant enough to go through the entire thread to find the response from Chris? Most likely not. They read the first post and a few initial responses and then the opinion of formed.

Also, in most major companies, two day shipping is two business days. Op placed an order on Monday and expected it on Wednesday...them should've ordered overnight shipping. In many majors companies I've dealt with across all spectrums of commerce, the order is not processed until Tuesday. So 2 days would've been the end of day on Thursday--and that's with a major multi-hub company.

Chris is a small company and tells us he audits shipping on Sundays. Storms and weather would effect him more than an Amazon or Muellers. But again, some here think anyone dealing in pool must be Amazon sized and able to ship from all quadrants if the continental United States.

Last, why should Chris be pressured into giving out free shipping, or free items to make up for 1% mishaps (a good percentage by the way in the pool business). I never expect anything for free, especially from a grinder of a quality pool product company such as Outsville.

OP, the onus is on you to make an entirely new thread, linked off of here, praising the customer response from Chris. Your tip review is your tip review, but your initial post and intent (without even waiting for Chris to respond or trying to contact him elsewhere) was unfortunate.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute
 
Snooker Theory's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: US
   
06-24-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
Amazon sized and able to ship from all quadrants if the continental United States.

Last, why should Chris be pressured into giving out free shipping, or free items to make up for 1% mishaps


Pays for 2 day shipping on monday, not mailed until Thur or Friday, and you think Tom should pay for the "mishap". How in heck should Tom be charged the expadited shipping charges(and he might not have been for all I know). But your response.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
06-24-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Pays for 2 day shipping on monday, not mailed until Thur or Friday, and you think Tom should pay for the "mishap". How in heck should Tom be charged the expadited shipping charges(and he might not have been for all I know). But your response.
I ordered from Adidas, Remington, even more "big companies"...miss ship date...oh well...sometimes item never arrives...their response "we'll ship you a new one".

No freebies.
No discounts.

Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Sometimes the world doesn't stop for each of us. And why expect something for free.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute
 
Snooker Theory's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: US
   
06-24-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I ordered from Adidas, Remington, even more "big companies"...miss ship date...oh well...sometimes item never arrives...their response "we'll ship you a new one".

No freebies.
No discounts.

Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Sometimes the world doesn't stop for each of us. And why expect something for free.
I respectfully disagree, if you paid for expedited shipping on a product, and the seller has a "mishap" and doesn't send due to some error on their end.

You did NOT get what you paid for, because you paid an extra fee to have your order expedited. This wasn't an item lost in shipping which would be a different story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.
  
Reply With Quote
Shipping
Old
  (#36)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute
 
ShootingArts's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 11,092
vCash: 2900
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South of the Border
   
Shipping - 06-24-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I ordered from Adidas, Remington, even more "big companies"...miss ship date...oh well...sometimes item never arrives...their response "we'll ship you a new one".

No freebies.
No discounts.

Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Sometimes the world doesn't stop for each of us. And why expect something for free.

The customer paid a premium price for fast shipping which didn't happen. He has every right to expect the extra costs refunded, paying at most standard shipping rates.

Anything Chris or any business does above the bare minimum is just done for good will. The customer doesn't have a right to expect it but going the extra mile usually pays off for the business. Other than the odd comment about closing the account it seems that Chris has went well above and beyond what he had to do. I do note that his post was in the wee hours of the morning so it might not be as clear as it could be.

Readers of this thread will remember that Outsville took care of business and then some. A few tips and shipping is cheap marketing although I don't think that was Chris's main reason for the way he handled the matter. He has proven to be deserving of the good will the board has for him.

I got a terribly botched order from Atlas. It was so badly botched, about eight out of twelve types of components wrong, I really suspected an angry employee trying to stir grief for the company. Another order for the shelves and to try a new product or two. I called Atlas near the end of a day expecting no problems. I wasn't angry, no big deal. After I got the customer service from hell then I was annoyed. Reported what happened on the cue builders forum mostly as a chuckle.

Everybody told me to talk to one man, he would make things right. Good idea, except that was the man that had been a total jackass. I ate over a hundred dollars of that order and have told the story many a time. Big size doesn't always equal quality service. Most of our suppliers in the pool industry are exceptional, including Atlas usually. I didn't quit doing business with them because of the messed up order, I quit doing business with them because of the messed up customer service. Must have been the end of a bad day for K.

Hu
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
erhino41
AzB Silver Member
erhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond reputeerhino41 has a reputation beyond repute
 
erhino41's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 518
vCash: 500
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Maine
   
06-24-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 View Post
I’m mostly upset because I’ve heard about this tip from the 626 and was hoping for a review...damn them for not getting it out in time and allowing me to read about its characteristics (an odd thing about the word “its”, in this instance it should have an apostrophe under the normal rules, denoting possession,but the apostrophe only happens in the contraction of “it is”) it be irkin me every time I see it.
You mean its'?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
06-24-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
I respectfully disagree, if you paid for expedited shipping on a product, and the seller has a "mishap" and doesn't send due to some error on their end.

You did NOT get what you paid for, because you paid an extra fee to have your order expedited. This wasn't an item lost in shipping which would be a different story.
So Chris went above and beyond that of most major retailers and refunded not just shipping but the entire cost of the order. So Tom got his stuff for free. And that's why it warrants a whole new thread, praising Outsville. Not just a simple "oh by the way" post 4 pages deep in a thread that was started on negative intentions.

If he just waited like any normal customer, this would've all been handled normally instead of with a thousand views.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
06-24-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
The customer paid a premium price for fast shipping which didn't happen. He has every right to expect the extra costs refunded, paying at most standard shipping rates.

Anything Chris or any business does above the bare minimum is just done for good will. The customer doesn't have a right to expect it but going the extra mile usually pays off for the business. Other than the odd comment about closing the account it seems that Chris has went well above and beyond what he had to do. I do note that his post was in the wee hours of the morning so it might not be as clear as it could be.

Readers of this thread will remember that Outsville took care of business and then some. A few tips and shipping is cheap marketing although I don't think that was Chris's main reason for the way he handled the matter. He has proven to be deserving of the good will the board has for him.

I got a terribly botched order from Atlas. It was so badly botched, about eight out of twelve types of components wrong, I really suspected an angry employee trying to stir grief for the company. Another order for the shelves and to try a new product or two. I called Atlas near the end of a day expecting no problems. I wasn't angry, no big deal. After I got the customer service from hell then I was annoyed. Reported what happened on the cue builders forum mostly as a chuckle.

Everybody told me to talk to one man, he would make things right. Good idea, except that was the man that had been a total jackass. I ate over a hundred dollars of that order and have told the story many a time. Big size doesn't always equal quality service. Most of our suppliers in the pool industry are exceptional, including Atlas usually. I didn't quit doing business with them because of the messed up order, I quit doing business with them because of the messed up customer service. Must have been the end of a bad day for K.

Hu
Chris has a history of making good. Even when there was a botched batch of his chalk back in 2015, he sent free chalk to everyone who ordered that round.
Chris' customer service is common knowledge on AZ, and a thread like this could've waited for a week to include the resolution...especially when Chris made contact with Tom on the very day Tom contacted him. Instead it feels like a shakedown for a freebie.
And it worked. Tom got his stuff for free.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tashworth19191 View Post
If Outsville makes it right and ships the tips, then I will post that as well.

Thanks, Tom
Outsville was always going to ship the tips. The whole "if Outsville ships the tips, then" language reads as a shakedown. Tom owes Chris a whole new thread, praising Outsville and it's customer service. Basically Chris just paid for it.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
Hits 'em Hard
AzB Silver Member
Hits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond reputeHits 'em Hard has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Grand Junction, Co
   
06-24-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
I respectfully disagree, if you paid for expedited shipping on a product, and the seller has a "mishap" and doesn't send due to some error on their end.

You did NOT get what you paid for, because you paid an extra fee to have your order expedited. This wasn't an item lost in shipping which would be a different story.
So when 2 day shipping is late because of USPS/FedEx/UPS do they offer a refund? Nope. Stop living in a fantasy world. If everyone and everything was perfect there wouldn’t be a need for laws. You’re going to lose your argument every single time, just let it go that you’re wrong.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute
 
Snooker Theory's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: US
   
06-24-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
So Chris went above and beyond that of most major retailers and refunded not just shipping but the entire cost of the order. So Tom got his stuff for free. And that's why it warrants a whole new thread, praising Outsville. Not just a simple "oh by the way" post 4 pages deep in a thread that was started on negative intentions.

If he just waited like any normal customer, this would've all been handled normally instead of with a thousand views.
Like yourself I was not part of this transaction, I can only evaluate what was posted.

Chris did go above and beyond by refunding shipping and cost of tips, although that offer was only made after this thread, and as others have posted Chris "closing his account" is a bit open to interpretation, if he is blacklisted over writing an honest description of his experience? I certainly wouldn't create a thread singing outsvilles praises if that is the case, quite the opposite actually.

Sharing your buying experience might not be "normal" to you, but reviews are an intergral part of bussiness in this digital age. Is everyone who writes a yelp review not normal, what about all the threads on AZ about people waiting on an order from OB, are they not normal people either?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
Cardigan Kid
AzB Silver Member
Cardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond reputeCardigan Kid has a reputation beyond repute
 
Cardigan Kid's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 3,581
vCash: 500
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
   
06-24-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
Like yourself I was not part of this transaction, I can only evaluate what was posted.

Chris did go above and beyond by refunding shipping and cost of tips, although that offer was only made after this thread, and as others have posted Chris "closing his account" is a bit open to interpretation, if he is blacklisted over writing an honest description of his experience? I certainly wouldn't create a thread singing outsvilles praises if that is the case, quite the opposite actually.

Sharing your buying experience might not be "normal" to you, but reviews are an intergral part of bussiness in this digital age. Is everyone who writes a yelp review not normal, what about all the threads on AZ about people waiting on an order from OB, are they not normal people either?
The OB problems are months or weeks of waiting. This thread and review was made while the resolution was taking place after 3 days. How can someone write Review when the transaction and resolution had not even been completed? You can't justify that fact that this thread jumped the gun a bit.

You wrote "although that offer was only made after this thread".
exactly. The thread was made so fast because Tom was expecting free over night in a day after he contacted Chris.

This thread was a shakedown and it worked. Oh well nothing new around the pool world. I worked in a pool hall in the past...many such cases.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute
 
Snooker Theory's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: US
   
06-24-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hits 'em Hard View Post
So when 2 day shipping is late because of USPS/FedEx/UPS do they offer a refund? Nope. Stop living in a fantasy world. If everyone and everything was perfect there wouldn’t be a need for laws. You’re going to lose your argument every single time, just let it go that you’re wrong.

Let's take FedEx as an example, quote directly from the FedEx website"
We offer a money-back guarantee for every U.S. shipment. You may request a refund or credit of your shipping charges if we miss our published (or quoted, as in the case of FedEx SameDay®) delivery time by even 60 seconds."

So clearly, you know what you are talking about, it would be foolish to argue with someone as knowledgeable as yourself, since I will always lose anyways.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Jesus never existed. It is the longest running practical joke the Jews or anybody else has ever pulled.
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
tashworth19191
Pool will make you humble
tashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond reputetashworth19191 has a reputation beyond repute
 
tashworth19191's Avatar
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Burnet, TX
   
06-24-2019, 07:36 AM

It was nice that Outsville refunded the order and they also said they shipped. I don't mind paying for the order and will send them payment when I receive it. My only complaint was related to shipping.

The response from them is appreciated and I hope to write a positive review of them and their tips in the future. I was able to get a tip from a friend and put it on his Revo and he says it is awesome. So I look forward to testing it myself.


Regards, Tom Ashworth
https://tomashworth.com
  • Playing Cue: Predator Sotka 2 with 12.9 Revo Shaft
  • Break Cue: Predator BK3
  • Jump Cue: Custom
  • Case: InStroke Leather 3X7
  • Table : Connelly 4'x8'
  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
Shuddy
AzB Silver Member
Shuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond reputeShuddy has a reputation beyond repute
 
Status: Offline
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Join Date: May 2013
   
06-24-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid View Post
I ordered from Adidas, Remington, even more "big companies"...miss ship date...oh well...sometimes item never arrives...their response "we'll ship you a new one".

No freebies.
No discounts.

Oh well. I got what I paid for.

Sometimes the world doesn't stop for each of us. And why expect something for free.
Try looking at it from a different perspective. Adidas doesn’t have to give you anything because one customer (or 10, or 100, or 1000), won’t affect their business. In the world of small business you have to work very hard to initiate and maintain customer relationships.

There’s also quite a lot of false equivalency going on. Paying for expedited shipping, receiving it, but having the delivery delayed by the delivery company or other unforeseen circumstances is not the same as paying for expedited shipping, and having you’re order delayed by foreseen circumstances; ie, we know we have a flaw in our ordering process and haven’t put anything in place to ensure deliveries are not affected.

Being a small business is not an excuse. Imagine if you ordered an apple from me and I told you there was a 1% chance you’d receive an orange. You ask me why that is, and I tell you it’s because one of our packers is blind and they often send out the wrong fruit. Now, I have the right to operate like this, but I would not be at all surprised if people complained when they got oranges instead of apples, and if fruit buyers the world over found out I was entrusting my packing process to someone who can’t consistently tell the difference between apples and oranges. If this was my business and I wanted to continue employing this person, I’d stop selling fruits of similar shapes; bananas and apples only.

Hahaha, damn, that analogy got out of control very quickly.

Personally, I wouldn’t offer 2-day delivery if I knew there was a chance I couldn’t provide it. Are you telling me you would purchase something knowing there’s a 1% chance you wouldn’t get it? I suspect you’re going to tell me you would, because you know he’s a stand-up guy. Most customers wouldn’t know who the owner of the business is, or care.

And all of this has nothing to do with the quality of his character, his ability to make things right, the size of his business, or how many children he has. If these factors are important to you, that’s fine. Most people just want what they pay for.

Outsville did go above and beyond, and personally, I don’t think they should have. I think refunded shipping costs would have been appropriate.
  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 3 of 5 123 45

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.