Mosconi team Europe/Brexit question

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So with Brexit looming does that mean no more Brits on team Europe?

Geography lesson: Great Britain is part of continent of Europe in which Mathroom bases their player selection from.
Political lesson: Great Britain is removing themselves from the program European Union. Which was intended to ease the traveling for Europeans and their spending. Which Matchroom couldn’t be bothered about.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since parts of Turkey are in Europe, and Turkey now controls part of Syria, does that mean Team Europe could have a Syrian pool player?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
If the Russians can play I would suspect so can the Brits. Really this is a silly question. Matchroom can put Japan in if they want to. In the past half the team resides in the US full time. Mika, Thorstan, Jayson, Darren A etc.

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe..

Maybe the many Euro's residing in the US play for the Euro team because they are loyal to their pocket book and the winning side gets more money.

The Euro side has a bigger talent pool to draw from. The "Euro" boys know this. Wouldn't be the first time a pool player went for the cash, right?

But, for making a living and raising a family in a wonderful place, they choose the good old US of A!

The only thing I like about the Mosconi Cup is seeing good players shoot good pool, ain't like it's a fair competition.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe the many Euro's residing in the US play for the Euro team because they are loyal to their pocket book and the winning side gets more money.

The Euro side has a bigger talent pool to draw from. The "Euro" boys know this. Wouldn't be the first time a pool player went for the cash, right?

But, for making a living and raising a family in a wonderful place, they choose the good old US of A!

The only thing I like about the Mosconi Cup is seeing good players shoot good pool, ain't like it's a fair competition.

replace shaw with gorst then, would you bet high on the US of A? :grin:

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

No I wouldn't bet on the US Team, but I am pretty much and old patriotic American who likes to see Americans winning and especially like a reasonably honest approach to fairness. If I am the only one who thinks the Mosconi Cup selection process is flawed and out dated, then so be it.

But, for now it is go US of A. Make pool great again!!!