Dear Hard Times...

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've brought this up before, but it bears repeating...

Dear Hot Times...er, I mean Hard Times..

Please get some ventilation/AC and filtration... seriously.

Guys playing in shorts in November, with box fans getting moved around the room randomly, sitting on chairs.

During a tournament you have a lot of people breathing the same stale air. And yes,
I've brought it up (know the owner)... nothing. I know it's tough running a business now, especially a pool hall, but c'mon it can be written off.

HT has been my home room for years... just seems it's gotten worse in the last year or two... this last summer was unreal.. you can't play one hole when your cue is sticky.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've brought this up before, but it bears repeating...

Dear Hot Times...er, I mean Hard Times..

Please get some ventilation/AC and filtration... seriously.

Guys playing in shorts in November, with box fans getting moved around the room randomly, sitting on chairs.

During a tournament you have a lot of people breathing the same stale air. And yes,
I've brought it up (know the owner)... nothing. I know it's tough running a business now, especially a pool hall, but c'mon it can be written off.

HT has been my home room for years... just seems it's gotten worse in the last year or two... this last summer was unreal.. you can't play one hole when your cue is sticky.

Where is Hard Times located?

vladiville22

Registered
well..this been an issue ever since..
i dont think he cares...im always there every thurs tournament..
nothing is changed,,

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get hot as hell when i shoot. If im in a match, I need it to be under 70. If im just watching, 76 or so is fine.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
since he wont fix it you can all go somewhere else. or

get him to agree to a charge for the tournaments that goes into an a/c fund and an extra table time charge until it hits what he needs for the fix.

and also get him to agree to make a pay back if it increases his business as a result. then you may find common agreement.

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
If it's as bad as you say and enough people complain to the city/county board of health, they'll get an inspector in there to take air samples and start sniffing around the whole joint. Especially if they serve food. If they deem the building conditions unhealthy to conduct business there, they will shut them down till they fix their issues.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think at one of the tournaments, either this year or last yr, the A/C did worked.

Not sure which hard times that was.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
DON'T YOU GUYS GET IT!?!?

Business 101.
Keep the players hot and sweaty, THE MORE COLD DELICIOUS BEVERAGES YOU SELL!!!

Go on the cheap, make more money!

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's as bad as you say and enough people complain to the city/county board of health, they'll get an inspector in there to take air samples and start sniffing around the whole joint. Especially if they serve food. If they deem the building conditions unhealthy to conduct business there, they will shut them down till they fix their issues.

Yes, and call a lawyer and sue while you are at it. Pool halls are too damned profitable. Lets shut this one down by burying it in red tape, maybe we can get them on a lead paint violation...

Perfect.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think at one of the tournaments, either this year or last yr, the A/C did worked.

Not sure which hard times that was.

It was a MezzWest tour stop.. I played 1 round about 3pm ...We had to go outside to cool off it was Over 87 degrees OUTSIDE... I quit (me and about 5-7 others) and went to the beach.. owner would not turn on the working AC..

Randy

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I hate playing when its hot, would keep me from going if I knew the ac worked and they wouldn't use it.

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
Yes, and call a lawyer and sue while you are at it. Pool halls are too damned profitable. Lets shut this one down by burying it in red tape, maybe we can get them on a lead paint violation...

Perfect.

How can we prevent Legionnaires' disease?
The likelihood of Legionella infection can be best reduced by good engineering practices in the operation and maintenance of air and water handling systems. In all cases, follow the manufacturer's instructions for operation, cleaning, and maintenance. Cooling towers and evaporative condensers should be inspected and thoroughly cleaned at least once a year. Corroded parts, such as drift eliminators, should be replaced. Algae and accumulated scale should be removed. These measures will not only control the growth of bacteria, but will also maintain operating efficiency. During cleaning operations in confined spaces, safety procedures for entry into confined spaces should be applied.

Cooling water should be treated constantly. Ideally, an automatic water treatment system should be used that continuously controls the quality of the circulating water.

Fresh air intakes should not be built close to cooling towers since contaminated aerosols may enter the ventilation system. Air filters should be examined, cleaned and/or replaced periodically and tested for leaks. Cooling towers should be positioned so the drift or evaporate does not enter the fresh air intake. Hot water tanks, which might provide ideal conditions for the growth of Legionella, should be cleaned regularly. The water system should be flushed out on a regular basis to prevent the water from stagnating.