Houston or Bust!

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Ok, it really looks like I will relocate for a couple of years and it will be to Houston.

Anyone that knows about the pool rooms in the area, please fill me in.

Any help regarding good and bad areas in which to rent would be great too. I am going to be working on the West-Southwest side and will be out on the second loop.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
BillYards said:
Ok, it really looks like I will relocate for a couple of years and it will be to Houston.

Any help regarding good and bad areas in which to rent would be great too. I am going to be working on the West-Southwest side and will be out on the second loop.

Bogie's
Find out where Flyboy's pool hall is located too.
JoeyA

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Bogies in North Houston is the top poolhall in Houston. It's 24 hours and there is action to be had. They also have good weekly tournaments that have a calcutta and Kim White (WPBA player) runs them.

Legends in South Houston is also another great poolhall. If you see a guy named Felix and people tell you he is millionaire, don't believe them. He airbarrelled me for $600. :eek: :rolleyes:

These are the two places that I divided my time.

thebigdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
Bogies in North Houston is the top poolhall in Houston. It's 24 hours and there is action to be had. They also have good weekly tournaments that have a calcutta and Kim White (WPBA player) runs them.

Legends in South Houston is also another great poolhall. If you see a guy named Felix and people tell you he is millionaire, don't believe them. He airbarrelled me for $600. :eek: :rolleyes:

These are the two places that I divided my time.

Those are definitely the two best rooms around. Too bad I am not close at all to either of them. I live 35 miles east of Houston (Mont Belvieu), and there is not a decent pool room anywhere close to here. 've been here a year and I really wish I lived closer to Bogies. Bogies is a really good pool hall, its North near Houston Intercontinental Airport.

BillYards

Silver Member
Great tips guys! Thank you!

I will be looking for someone to practice against.

Plus, doesn't Rodney Morris live in Houston now? Can't play against that cannon, but could at least watch and leech some lessons.

I will certainly look into the weekly tourneys as I start to get comfortable around the area.

Runnin8

Love God, Love People
Silver Member
BillYards said:

I hope you find us very welcoming!

If you're gonna be working off of the Beltway on the SW side of Houston and still want to take poolrooms into consideration in where to live (and why wouldn't you!) then I'd suggest the Pearland/Friendswood/Alvin area. I'm in Friendswood and have 3 excellent poolhalls within 10-15 minutes of the house- Big Daddy's in Alvin (5 min), Legends in League City (10 min), and Breakers in Webster (10-15 min depending on traffic).

I've read that Rodney's in Houston. Hillbilly is just down the road and I've taken lessons from him- great guy! Jeremy Jones is also in this part of town as well (last I heard). Lots of great pool to be had and its not hard to find a good game.

Quite a few AZers down here too!

PM me if you want any more info.

Welcome to Texas!

Steve

androd

androd
Silver Member
Cue And Cushion ,510 Sheppard Dr. Not North Sheppard, Not South Sheppard ,between Washing Ave. And Memorial Dr.
FLY IS NOT OWNER ANY LONGER, STILL COMES IN OTHER GUYS THERE THAT'LL PLAY.

Last edited:

BillYards

Silver Member
androd said:
Cue And Cushion ,510 Sheppard Dr. Not North Sheppard, Not South Sheppard ,between Washing Ave. And Memorial Dr.

Thanks, androd! I got no game, but you want to shoot some when I get there?

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Houston or Bust

I would second the Cue and Cushion with the other two major pool halls recommended (Bogies and Legends).

Clicks off Hwy 290 is not too terrbily bad, with cheap off hour rates.

Other than that, there are a bunch of poor pool halls all unfortunately much closer to me on the West Side of town toward Katy. They keep me from getting to the better ones due to distance.

We have lost quite a few pool halls in recent times. The nicest was Classics Billiards with Diamond Tables (Ben Alloggio owned it).

I heard Legends got a couple of these Diamond Tables now - which would be worth checking out.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fast Eddies

Fast Eddies on 1960 is usually pretty fun on Wed or Thurs. Night. Always some 10,20 or 50 action.

Ray

androd

androd
Silver Member
BillYards said:
Thanks, androd! I got no game, but you want to shoot some when I get there?
if you got no game you might be in trouble? i never miss a ball !

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I am from Pearland.

There's breakers in webster, legends in league city, bogies up on 1960, alt of slick willies and barneys locations, 2 fast eddies, U of H Uc center that has a snooker and carom table. drsnooker who is an az member has a 12 foot snooker table in his house. Several locations of cornbreads.

Houston has alot of rooms only a hand full of really good ones.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mnorwood said:
I am from Pearland.

There's breakers in webster, legends in league city, bogies up on 1960, alt of slick willies and barneys locations, 2 fast eddies, U of H Uc center that has a snooker and carom table. drsnooker who is an az member has a 12 foot snooker table in his house. Several locations of cornbreads.

Houston has alot of rooms only a hand full of really good ones.

What he said.:)

Welcome to Houston. I live on the south side very close to Legends. I cut my teeth at the Clicks on 290 that was mentioned before for years. You can usually find 1P or 9B action there during the day before 4 o'clock from the old men. I vote for Bogie's or Legend's as the best poolhall around. They hold the Houston Open in October at Legend's too.

EDIT: spelling correction

Last edited:

BillYards

Silver Member
My wife has spotted some nice new homes in Pearland and on the west side, and one has a room easily big enough for a table (20x20), so I am excited at the prospects, but let's see.

My arrival date will be pushed back if I do not get my offer letter Monday, since I want to give two weeks notice.

Thanks to all for the great input.

I can see that I already need androd to give me some lessons. And hopefully not just how to rack after each game.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
For living I recommend the sugarland-stafford area if you are working on the Southwest side. Stay outside the belt!!!