SBE Allen really got greedy this year!

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
I have a great memory. In fact its doing a lot better then wallet now adays. Where can you get 110 entry fee to win 5k? How about I enter one for $100 get to play on 9 footer that has carpet and chair without all the aholes walking around.

Get it straight buddy if you are going to jack up the prices make it nicer.

Get it right buddy.
If you're gonna be extra nitty and cheap about it, DONT GO.

How about you take the $100, take yourself out to dinner and stop crying.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
So you basically decide if the pro portion was overpriced vs under-priced by the number of unsold or empty seats?
Wouldn't the venue, facility & opponents be variables also affecting ticket sales as much as any hike in the price of attendance?

If he is not selling many seats at the inflated price I do not see what other choice he would have other than to reduce the prices.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
My response to lonestar was based on his comment that where can you go and get in a tournament for a 100 and win 5k. I tried to explain with no success that I would rather enter in a tournament for $100 that plays on 9 footer and in a room that has carpet.

And that is your prerogative.
So the expo is not for you.
That's fine.

And no amount of carpet is gonna put a stop to the aholes walking around.

As a matter of fact, the aholes were walking around at EVERY SINGLE EXPO.
Even the expos that had more carpet than others.

Why make it about jacking up the prices then? :rolleyes:

I paid extra every year.
Taking away VIP so you can, from Allen: "fit more people in the arena" is a greed move.
Couple that with charging EVERYONE the old VIP rate?
Greedy.

I think that if you pay to enter the open tournament, then that should get you a free pass for the entire length of the tournament. I think that is the way they did it at the DCC . I agree that if they are charging $20, then you should at least be guaranteed a seat, even if they do not offer VIP seats. I do not think that you really care about the extra $10 added fee, but you just wish that they still offered VIP seats this year. I would be upset if I paid $20, and could not find a seat though.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with SUPERSTAR. If you don't like the Expo, don't go. Stop crying. Allen tries to put on the biggest Amateur pool event in the world, which is a ton of work, and all some of you do is cry and count Allen's money. I go because it is an event, it is close by, I can meet up with a lot of players that I know, and test my skills with some of the best. I hate 7 footers. Never ever play on them but it's pool and comraderie for me. Maybe someone should count YOUR money. How would that be?

fast&loose designs

Chris Santana
Silver Member
Just gonna leave this right here.

Attachments

• MONEY-01.jpg
    MONEY-01.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 467

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I agree with SUPERSTAR. If you don't like the Expo, don't go. Stop crying. Allen tries to put on the biggest Amateur pool event in the world, which is a ton of work, and all some of you do is cry and count Allen's money. I go because it is an event, it is close by, I can meet up with a lot of players that I know, and test my skills with some of the best. I hate 7 footers. Never ever play on them but it's pool and comraderie for me. Maybe someone should count YOUR money. How would that be?

I'll count your money, or you can count mine :) . Fact is, pro players in Am event - we are not there to support the pros who cant beat Svb, dechaine, appelton, shaw, etc. We are there to.......who cares. You get 2 games to 12 and Al plays me even $50 -$500/set and I hope you don't highroll me :)
Philly, you are a super good dude, and I hope you don't get caught up in this stupid"they're bashing Allen bs" people travel to this destination hoping to have a "chance" to cash, when you have "pro" level players playing in the event it takes one more spot from true amateurs. I don't necessarily have a problem with the better players, I dont feel like Im that big a dog against them....come on

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
2 people watching a pro event $120 for one day

I think that if you pay to enter the open tournament, then that should get you a free pass for the entire length of the tournament. I think that is the way they did it at the DCC . I agree that if they are charging $20, then you should at least be guaranteed a seat, even if they do not offer VIP seats. I do not think that you really care about the extra $10 added fee, but you just wish that they still offered VIP seats this year. I would be upset if I paid $20, and could not find a seat though.

I read in one of the multitude of abrasive posts that someone took their loved one and it cost them $120 for 2 seats, not even VIP to watch for one session. IMO, $120 to watch is kind of high, I guess the stream package is more in my price range.

I hope with the venue costs, and all of the other multitude of draining cost Allen made a few bucks to put in his safety deposit box.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My point was that he'd have no problem or complaint about spending money once he's paid to get in, yet none of the money he spends on location goes to Allen.....yet, his complaint is in the cost of admission:rolleyes:

My complaint wasn't about the cost of admission to the show. Rather that the pricing policy changed from previous years without notice. It added $120 to the cost of the show if you went to all the sessions over the course of the weekend. That's enough of a change that your customers should know about in advance, not find out about after they've paid their fee to get in.

To say that money I spend on merchandise doesn't benefit the promoter is not exactly accurate. If show goers like myself didn't spend money buying cues and cases and stuff the vendors wouldn't be there, and if I'm not mistaken the vendors do pay to rent space. :banghead:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap Nitty Nit Nitman Nitty Nitboys. End of story, drop mic, end thread. I HATE NITS!!!!!! LOL Just go to Micky D's and get your 5 free refills on your $1 coffee and complain about THEIR seats, leave us and pool alone till you find your wallet.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Yep

Cheap Nitty Nit Nitman Nitty Nitboys. End of story, drop mic, end thread. I HATE NITS!!!!!! LOL Just go to Micky D's and get your 5 free refills on your $1 coffee and complain about THEIR seats, leave us and pool alone till you find your wallet.

Absolutely. You pay nothing. You should get nothing.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What are you even talking about bro? Who said they couldn't find a seat? Actually I read just the opposite that there were plenty of seats in the bleachers - so once again what the hell are ya talking about bro???

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
What are you even talking about bro? Who said they couldn't find a seat? Actually I read just the opposite that there were plenty of seats in the bleachers - so once again what the hell are ya talking about bro???

They were never full. At the end of Corey/Dechaine that end was full, but the other side and half that side were wide open and the view was just fine.
Jason

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two truths in business:

1) Businesses exist to make a profit at the end of the day.
2) Consumers have the choice to support or not support a business as they see fit.

If the consumer feels the pricing is unfair, then they should discuss directly with the business and if no resolution is reached, take their business elsewhere.

If the business loses enough consumers and has enough real feedback that their pricing is too high, then they'll either adjust their pricing or go out of business.

Go the source, state your concerns, start a dialogue, aim for a mutually satisfying solution. Nothing is going to change by posting on this or any other message board.

I run conferences/advertising for my company for a living and it's not as easy, profitable or glamorous as it appears from the outside - We listen to each and every attendee concern and address as many as we can - but we have to know about them and they have to be presented reasonably for us to respond.

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
If show goers like myself didn't spend money buying cues and cases and stuff the vendors wouldn't be there, and if I'm not mistaken the vendors do pay to rent space. :banghead:

Booths are $1100 if bought early, and $1300 if bought closer to the show date. Each booth comes with 4 expo passes. No pro event passes. To my thinking, Allen has always been fair.

All told, my nut as a vendor is about 4K when adding booths, hotel and travel expenses. Some years I make a profit and some years I do not. Just like matching up I guess...or placing in the cash with one of the events.

At least I'm out there getting mine.