::::::Full splice cue contest ::::::

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:::::: Prizes :::::: and a name

So things have begun to take shape

-It looks like I will be displaying the cues at next years DCC
-I will be providing a szamboti style veneered fullsplice blank as one of the prizes
-bell forest has signed on to sponsor the event with a 500 dollar gift certificate
-I will be asking for a 30 dollar entrance fee( primarily for the shipping of cues back after displaying them )
-at this time we have 20+ cue makers who have committed to showing , we will continue to add cuemakers all the way up until a few weeks from the show
-the winning cue will be receive the “Burton Spain award”
-I have brought on Bryan Driver to help with the logistics of organizing the show

Attachments

• 9808365D-BBBC-4A29-AC45-7B9C83269C9B.png
    9808365D-BBBC-4A29-AC45-7B9C83269C9B.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 740
  • 6CD0E700-988D-4F8F-B657-E358B004A4D9.jpg
    6CD0E700-988D-4F8F-B657-E358B004A4D9.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 754

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So things have begun to take shape

-It looks like I will be displaying the cues at next years DCC
-I will be providing a szamboti style veneered fullsplice blank as one of the prizes
-bell forest has signed on to sponsor the event with a 500 dollar gift certificate
-I will be asking for a 30 dollar entrance fee( primarily for the shipping of cues back after displaying them )
-at this time we have 20+ cue makers who have committed to showing , we will continue to add cuemakers all the way up until a few weeks from the show
-the winning cue will be receive the “Burton Spain award”
-I have brought on Bryan Driver to help with the logistics of organizing the show

Doin the Lords work:thumbup:

This is gonna be the biggest thing for cues in a long time. Great idea and a great blank maker to start (hopefully) a tradition.

You are spoken very highly of by some of the greats.

Good luck
Jason<------can't wait

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:::::let’s keep the cue makers coming ::::::

To the top
I would love if the show has 30+ cues in it

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:::::: contest flyer ::::::

::::::::::::

Attachments

• AD4E36EE-C3BF-4D61-851E-01A4E5AA50B6.jpg
    AD4E36EE-C3BF-4D61-851E-01A4E5AA50B6.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 622

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can someone post a drawing with scheme of Full splice

Picture might be easier?

At it's simplest, it is the traditional method to permanently attach a dense hardwood butt to a maple shaft to improve balance and add weight. 2 pieces of wood essentially behave as one, without the nodes that occur in a short splice cue where the actual connection is an A joint.

smt_cuejoint1.jpg

As you can see from postings by others, the basic full splice joint shown can be fancied up by the addition of layers of alternating veneers. Or the faces of the butt can be built up with veneers on an angle so when the splice is made there are butterflies between the points, etc.

smt_cuejoint2.jpg

Bocote into curly pyinma, plain full splice.

smt.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I still don't understand what is being contested, but he is making a helluva show.

Doin the Lords work:thumbup:

This is gonna be the biggest thing for cues in a long time. Great idea and a great blank maker to start (hopefully) a tradition.

You are spoken very highly of by some of the greats.

Good luck
Jason<------can't wait

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
One advantage is a full splice cue can be wrapless.....if you like the look and feel of wood.

Can someone post a drawing with scheme of Full splice and half splice cue?

What are the advantages of full splice cue?

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like everything about this

This ought to put some real life into the art

Everyone plays,somebody wins

Between Jake,John and Larry surely Texas
will bring home the bacon

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Tim Monk told me about this. I'm definitely interested to see what he comes up with