Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not sure where any of this applies to me being that I am married and have a 16 month old Lil Baby Girl at home. I also can ignore your speech! :)

Trent from Toledo

I was just checking if my fishing hook was bare, or still had bait on it.....never mind, I see my pole bending🤣😂🤣😂

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/IKhOSINxg4A?t=2996
That glorious old school sound of the corner pocket!

Btw, that cloth is hideous. :grin:
And it plays slow.
Would be a nightmare to play on after it gets broken in.

There have been so many break and runs.
So many blowout matches.
Ignacio was one game from goose-egging Yoshiaki.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
My guess is the red rep was for the use of that 4 letter combination "bruh" I believe it was??? What is a "bruh", sounds like it my be some sort of female sanitary item???

Bruh is the phonetic sound of the first syllable of ‘brother’..synonym of ‘bro’

realkingcobra

Silver Member
We don't get to see much pro pool on new GC's anymore. Going on right now is the All Japan Championship. Its being played on brand new GC6's. Take a look at the stream matches on youtube below. Look at the speed the balls bounce off of the cushions. Its noticeably slower than the Diamond cushion that is now dominating the pro scene. Look at the angles the balls take off the cushions. Nothing even remote to "short".

This is how a cushion is supposed to play, IMO of course;)

I watched about 45 min of the first match, but didn't see any of the other ones. The ball reactions off of the rails is simply beautiful. Thanks for listening:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pGF2EEAiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xBj55d-LU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhOSINxg4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MonlFd4aAxo

Geeee, I wonder how much of a difference that cloth would make in how a Diamond plays.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as that botched install on that gentleman’s gc, there is no excuse for that. To pay that much $ and have have a bad install is complete bullsh*t and reflects badly on Brunswick. Perhaps I’m not as forgiving as some.

I like GC tables and I like diamond blue label tables too.

To me, there isn't much difference between 6k and 10k for something that's gonna last a lifetime.

Thing is, most don't keep their tables their entire life. Most tables end up for sale when they move or just stop playing and then it's taking up valuable real estate so, again, it goes up for sale.

Not to mention, some tables are difficult to get perfect unless your mechanic is very experienced, whereas other tables are extremely easy to get almost perfect regardless of who the mechanic is.

All of ^^^^^^^^^^^ brings me to vvvvvvvvv

If buying a new table, and if the person's worried about getting most of the initial purchase price back...well....lol..with a GC it's out of the question. I don't know why but, it's really hard to sell a GC unless it's at yard sale prices ( IN MY AREA). They are great tables when set up right...dunno.

On the other hand, diamond tables ( IN MY AREA ) hold their value extremely well.

Now, as far as playability of each, well, that's nothing more than opinion.

Bottom line:

Someone that wants to get his money back if they sell and have an easier time installing and better service from the manufacturer in case there is a problem?.....diamond all the way.

On the other hand, someone that don't care if they have to almost give it away when selling and don't mind having to look for one of the few mechanics that can actually set a GC up right?......a GC is a great option. Especially if looks are important. GC's are beautiful regardless of how they are set up...just gorgeous.

I'm like you, I will get what I pay for, otherwise there will be a problem. I don't mind paying a premium price, as long as I get a premium product and service.

To me, diamond provides both. Their tables are most definitely premium and their service is second to none....win/win.

GC's, well...service after the sale will be a tossup depending on who the installer was and I don't like being at the whims of an individual that may or may not be in business next week or month, not to mention, several years later.

Buying a new pool table isn't a small thing and it's a pretty big undertaking for some. I can see the pros and cons from both tables depending on what someone was looking for.

Jeff

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I like GC tables and I like diamond blue label tables too.

To me, there isn't much difference between 6k and 10k for something that's gonna last a lifetime.

Thing is, most don't keep their tables their entire life. Most tables end up for sale when they move or just stop playing and then it's taking up valuable real estate so, again, it goes up for sale.

Not to mention, some tables are difficult to get perfect unless your mechanic is very experienced, whereas other tables are extremely easy to get almost perfect regardless of who the mechanic is.

All of ^^^^^^^^^^^ brings me to vvvvvvvvv

If buying a new table, and if the person's worried about getting most of the initial purchase price back...well....lol..with a GC it's out of the question. I don't know why but, it's really hard to sell a GC unless it's at yard sale prices ( IN MY AREA). They are great tables when set up right...dunno.

On the other hand, diamond tables ( IN MY AREA ) hold their value extremely well.

Now, as far as playability of each, well, that's nothing more than opinion.

Bottom line:

Someone that wants to get his money back if they sell and have an easier time installing and better service from the manufacturer in case there is a problem?.....diamond all the way.

On the other hand, someone that don't care if they have to almost give it away when selling and don't mind having to look for one of the few mechanics that can actually set a GC up right?......a GC is a great option. Especially if looks are important. GC's are beautiful regardless of how they are set up...just gorgeous.

I'm like you, I will get what I pay for, otherwise there will be a problem. I don't mind paying a premium price, as long as I get a premium product and service.

To me, diamond provides both. Their tables are most definitely premium and their service is second to none....win/win.

GC's, well...service after the sale will be a tossup depending on who the installer was and I don't like being at the whims of an individual that may or may not be in business next week or month, not to mention, several years later.

Buying a new pool table isn't a small thing and it's a pretty big undertaking for some. I can see the pros and cons from both tables depending on what someone was looking for.

Jeff
I think people are getting a little spoiled.
Either table would be great in anyone's home.
People keep saying this table banks this and that.
But, it really comes down to the Artemis vs Super Speed cushions.
World Champion banker John Brumback said here, Diamond banks shorter and Brunswick banks longer. Just adapt.
Diamond is pretty consistent from table to table.
Brunswick has had some problems with that .

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
World Champion banker John Brumback said here, Diamond banks shorter and Brunswick banks longer. Just adapt.

THIS! Some common sense from someone other than RKC....nice.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Bruh is the phonetic sound of the first syllable of ‘brother’..synonym of ‘bro’

Dictionary
broth·er
/ˈbrəT͟Hər/

“Brah” is how we say it in Hawaii.

Correct spelling for the English word "brother" is
[b_ɹ_ˈʌ_ð_ə]
[bɹˈʌðə]
[bɹˈʌðə]
(IPA phonetic alphabet).

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Dictionary
broth·er
/ˈbrəT͟Hər/

“Brah” is how we say it in Hawaii.

Correct spelling for the English word "brother" is
[b_ɹ_ˈʌ_ð_ə]
[bɹˈʌðə]
[bɹˈʌðə]
(IPA phonetic alphabet).

It is a hood-rat way of saying Bro. Not sure how it became hip to talk like a hood-rat.

Trent from Toledo

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Spoiled? Maybe, maybe not.

What kind of car do you drive? How old is it? How much did your house cost per square foot? How many bedrooms vs people? Do you weigh less or more than the medical medically necessary?

I could go on and on but, I think you get the point.

Who's to say who is spoiled?

I live in a nice home, drive a nice car, am a little over weight etc....etc. Does that mean I am spoiled?

If not, how does wanting the best pool equipment that "I" can afford/find make make me spoiled?

However, I do agree with you about tables in general.

I, like other players my speed, can adapt and play at "x" level with no problem at all. Thing is, I had rather not be forced to adapt everytime I go out to play a private match or a tournament. And since most all rooms have diamonds, well, it would only make since that I would buy a diamond.

If rooms start replacing their diamonds with GC's, I'll be the first person to order a GC and have it set up as close as possible as the tables at the rooms I would attend.

As for people saying this or that about playability of different tables. Well, like I said, I had rather not have to adjust but, I can with absolutely no problem. Anyone that has any problems at all adjusting from one to another "when they have to" aren't going very deep anyways, regardless of what table they have at home.

The very last part of your post is the most accurate to my interest:

Consistency.......

In the end, I'm pretty sure most all intelligent people would agree with most of your post.

Jeff

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It is a hood-rat way of saying Bro. Not sure how it became hip to talk like a hood-rat.

Trent from Toledo

The way you used ‘hip’ is how it creeps into the language.
“Hip” is an opium user’s term...they used to lay on one side while they were groovin’

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
“Hip” is an opium user’s term...they used to lay on one side while they were groovin’

Hip is a slang for fashionably current and in the know. To be hip is to have "an attitude, a stance" in opposition to the "unfree world", or to what is square or prude. Being hip is also about being informed about the latest ideas, styles, and developments. Hip, like cool, does not refer to one specific quality.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hip is a slang for fashionably current and in the know. To be hip is to have "an attitude, a stance" in opposition to the "unfree world", or to what is square or prude. Being hip is also about being informed about the latest ideas, styles, and developments. Hip, like cool, does not refer to one specific quality.

Pretty sure its hip to be a square Trent.
Contrary to popular belief.
https://youtu.be/LB5YkmjalDg

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

One just never knows where a thread will head, regardless of the of the intended direction.

PT, I said it before, I had a very hard time adjusting to the online chitchat. Hell, I'm still adjusting. It's a huge learning curve for some.

AZB is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what your gonna get.

One could join and then be asked about the level of play or whatnot with the ghost. They proceed to answer the question and about that time he is bombarded with:

Why you got to always talk about your level of play?

And then that new comer will hear:

People that actually play at higher levels don't talk about it.

Lol...PT, I didn't think I was gonna survive this place for a bit there. And that's funny because when I was a good bit younger I survived a LOT of very, very dangerous situations. Some of those situations was military related and some of them came about while hanging around in some of the world's roughest neighborhood rooms.

Decades of ^^^^^^^^^ and then retire......and then have problems adjusting to a DAMN KEYBOARD...lol.

Go figure,

Jeff

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One just never knows where a thread will head, regardless of the of the intended direction.

PT, I said it before, I had a very hard time adjusting to the online chitchat. Hell, I'm still adjusting. It's a huge learning curve for some.

AZB is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what your gonna get.

One could join and then be asked about the level of play or whatnot with the ghost. They proceed to answer the question and about that time he is bombarded with:

Why you got to always talk about your level of play?

And then that new comer will hear:

People that actually play at higher levels don't talk about it.

Lol...PT, I didn't think I was gonna survive this place for a bit there. And that's funny because when I was a good bit younger I survived a LOT of very, very dangerous situations. Some of those situations was military related and some of them came about while hanging around in some of the world's roughest neighborhood rooms.

Decades of ^^^^^^^^^ and then retire......and then have problems adjusting to a DAMN KEYBOARD...lol.

Go figure,

Jeff

You do just fine on here, Jeff.....you communicate well...and it’s like playing pool....
...we also get better at it