Anyone play with a Dayton cue?

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello folks,
Is there anyone out here in AZB-space, that has, or is currently playing with a Paul Dayton cue? I have forever heard about the superb playability of Paul's cues, and especially his shaft taper/s. Would anyone care to give comment on what his shaft taper resembles, whether it be a 12" Pro, Extended Pro, Modified Extended Pro, Conical, etc? I am interested in what made his cues/shafts playability, so highly regarded? I posed a similar question in the Cue-Maker forum, which was perhaps the wrong avenue, and for that, I do apologize to the fine Cue-Makers in that forum. :cool:
Thank you.
j2

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can’t speak for his shafts since I use an OB shaft with all the cues I own
So the difference of play ability among the various cues I own is based more on the construction of the joint /A joint and weight and balance of the Q
I can say because Dayton cues are flat faced wood joints
Their feel is very solid
/play great and are tremendous values as far as quality for cost

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can’t speak for his shafts since I use an OB shaft with all the cues I own
So the difference of play ability among the various cues I own is based more on the construction of the joint /A joint and weight and balance of the Q
I can say because Dayton cues are flat faced wood joints
Their feel is very solid
/play great and are tremendous values as far as quality for cost

I appreciate your input. Thank you. :)

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello folks,
Is there anyone out here in AZB-space, that has, or is currently playing with a Paul Dayton cue? I have forever heard about the superb playability of Paul's cues, and especially his shaft taper/s. Would anyone care to give comment on what his shaft taper resembles, whether it be a 12" Pro, Extended Pro, Modified Extended Pro, Conical, etc? I am interested in what made his cues/shafts playability, so highly regarded? I posed a similar question in the Cue-Maker forum, which was perhaps the wrong avenue, and for that, I do apologize to the fine Cue-Makers in that forum. :cool:
Thank you.
j2
If you get the chance to acquire a Dayton cue, do so. Paul passed recently. I have 5-6 of Paul's shafts which all play great. The tapers vary but he was a true craftsman. My favorite is a purple heart sneaky which I would say is close to a modified extended pro taper