Getten the urge

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The last time I played on a bar box was against Joey A, I believe it was 2012 at Buffaloes in Metairie LA. Joey was about to take a stab at the Four Bears tourney and had not been playing much on the short tracks.

I grew up in Nebraska playing equally on Snooker, 9fters and bar tables but once moving the the mountains it has only been only 9ers.

I must say that I have been thinking about trying the small tables again just because I feel that most of my friends in the cities have moved over to them and I don't want to fall behind if I get into a match on these tables.

I have a full sized Diamond pro at home but have access to a free Valley. After watching many tourneys on line being fought on 7 foot tables I think it would be fun to give them a try again.

Any others here make the switch and if so how has it worked out?

Fork Boy

Registered
I play worse on a bar box. I have a few theories on it but overall my game is more consistent on a big table. I've dabbled some on a bar box and it's just not my preference.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find a little warm up on the small box
before a tournament is all that is necessary.

No need to practice on a bar table if your
your not forced to.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Those side pockets get huge on a bar box after playing predominantly on a 9ft. I scratch like I have fleas until I remember to adjust. At least they do to me lol. Bar boxes are fun though. Go have some fun!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Barboxes and cue balls

I say grab the box for that price! Main thing playing on a barbox is knowing which cue ball is going to be used. I sometimes forget that kicking and banking angles are different with some of the cue balls.

Looking for a barbox to abuse right now myself. Toss it on the back porch and throw a tarp over it when it isn't being used. Most of the tournaments around here are played on barboxes anyway.

Hu

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I play a few balls better every time I try the Bar Box.
Makes me think about switching out my own 9' Diamond..................Nah!!Haha
I love them all though.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barbox pool is different for sure. Lots of traffic among other things. I have always preferred big table pool 9’ over barbox pool. But the small table is still fun. Grab the free table for sure, and good luck out there!

Best
Fatboy :)

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time I played on a bar box was against Joey A, I believe it was 2012 at Buffaloes in Metairie LA. Joey was about to take a stab at the Four Bears tourney and had not been playing much on the short tracks.

I grew up in Nebraska playing equally on Snooker, 9fters and bar tables but once moving the the mountains it has only been only 9ers.

I must say that I have been thinking about trying the small tables again just because I feel that most of my friends in the cities have moved over to them and I don't want to fall behind if I get into a match on these tables.

I have a full sized Diamond pro at home but have access to a free Valley. After watching many tourneys on line being fought on 7 foot tables I think it would be fun to give them a try again.

Any others here make the switch and if so how has it worked out?

I think every table no matter the size has its own inherent challenges.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply's guys. I might have worded my original post in a way that led you to thing I will be getting a free Valley, not the case but I have access to one where I work in one of our break rooms. Tow of our break rooms have tables in them. A commercial 8 footer and a Valley 7 footer.

Cuebuddy>>>>lucky to be able to play at work.