Silver Member
I saw that as well.
None are listed on Schmelke's web site.
No mention on Schmelke's Facebook page.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think so.

But I am looking at fury CF shaft, and I really wanna try that one, looks lovely.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm missing something. How and where is it implied that they are? By that e-bay link alone, the implication is that it is a CF shaft with a Schmelke butt. The "1 Schmelke Carbon Fiber Shaft" is ambiguous, it seems more likely to imply the compatibility to the butt. Of course that would imply joint, and it's not a Schmelke so maybe... Not sure either way, that description needs more info.

I hope they are though. A Schmelke butt with a CF shaft is, in my opinion, currently the best possible combo at the lowest price point, so much that I believe this combo should be considered the reference for a cheap shooter. Biased as it may be, right now that exact combo has my mind jump to the price of $650 for an amazing shooter when someone asks. People might know of better, but it's not hard to see how someone could think that (especially that price no matter the butt).

No matter, you've got my hopes up.

Last edited:

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuestix is US distributor of Fury stuff. Might call them as to availability.

With the corona virus im scared of the packages, plus I am really low on income right now.

Still would love to try one, then give it away if I can.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuestix is US distributor of Fury stuff. Might call them as to availability.

Cuestix is closed for the duration as is PoolDawg. Possible other on line retailers will be closing or unable to get stuff from distributors so if there's something you're about to buy you may want to pull the trigger sooner than later.

Last edited:

Tambo

I currently use the fury CF shaft with a uni loc joint. Got it on a predator 8k2 and really enjoying it. I have had it since November 2019. The tip at first felt a bit mushy and i didnt love it but after a week or 2 of playing the kamui black s tip seemed to bed in and it gives me a lot of action on mr white. Now I use it as my main player and the 314 3 shaft lives in the case.

Any questions just ask as I find there is not a lot of info on it online.
Would love to hear others views on the fury x one CF shaft.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seller states "Yes." to this question:

The carbon fiber shaft was constructed and fabricated by Schmelke?

According to Schmelke, which is currently closed like everyone else, they are offering a preliminary run at 12.4mm tip only, anything but basically Uni-Loc quick release, the weight is in the high 3 ounces and will be available for retail (at least on the web) in several months (who really knows with all this COVID-19 stuff).

So, yes they are in transition to. Also, that bidding war on ebay is going to go too high (I won't reveal the pricing discussed as that may not be final).

If interested in one of these, e-mail them for more details

Note: I'm not affiliated with Schmelke in any way outside of being a fan who inquired.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seller states "Yes." to this question:

The carbon fiber shaft was constructed and fabricated by Schmelke?

According to Schmelke, which is currently closed like everyone else, they are offering a preliminary run at 12.4mm tip only, anything but basically Uni-Loc quick release and will be available for retail (at least on the web) in several months (who really knows with all this COVID-19 stuff).

So, yes they are in transition to. Also, that bidding war on ebay is going to go too high (I won't reveal the pricing discussed as that may not be final).

If interested in one of these, e-mail them for more details

Note: I'm not affiliated with Schmelke in any way outside of being a fan who inquired.
I'm sure they're buying cf tubes and finishing them. I'm kind of curious as to what co.'s actually make their own tubes. I know Predator does. Most makers are not set-up to make CF stuff and would rely on outside suppliers.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure, but in the world of CF cycling frames, the whole thing blew up against China as China was producing frames as good as Trek, Cannondale, etc.. and in some cases only available in China. CF isn't a mystery anymore and the grade only goes so high (at least without a license), just about anyone can make them. I'll see if I can get a quote from a company that can sell such equipment (I've already have had this discussion elsewhere, and it quickly turned from physical fabrication costs to HAZMAT and licensing)

Also, HAZMAT aside, this particular object (cue shaft) isn't as eye bleeding costly as someone might first suspect, it's really about the time it takes to make a lot of them to make a return. Currently, and this is a guess, but I'd guess by measurement of area for the final product that higher end 3D printing is more costly (Which sucks because I'm in to that). I did see a CF fabricator advertise CF equipment and the prices at the time were much lower than some of these printers (but I'm not sure of cost after you factor in HAZMAT... now enters China).

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bike quality being equal to big brands is highly debatable.

In my experience, they generally aren't equals. Not that I've owned one, but do have many friends who've bought them, some happy, some not.

I'm not sure, but in the world of CF cycling frames, the whole thing blew up against China as China was producing frames as good as Trek, Cannondale, etc.. and in some cases only available in China. CF isn't a mystery anymore and the grade only goes so high (at least without a license), just about anyone can make them.

Also, HAZMAT aside, this particular object (cue shaft) isn't as eye bleeding costly as someone might first suspect, it's really about the time it takes to make a lot of them to make a return. Currently, and this is a guess, but I'd guess by measurement of area for the final product that higher end 3D printing is more costly (Which sucks because I'm in to that). I did see a CF fabricator advertise CF equipment and the prices at the time were much lower than some of these printers (but I'm not sure of cost after you factor in HAZMAT... now enters China).

KOINNKID

Troy
Silver Member
I am the one selling the 2 cues on Ebay that came from Schmelke. Schmelke made the cue and the shaft. I purchased them directly from David Schmelke at Schmelke Cues. They were the 2 first cues that David made with Carbon Fiber shafts.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Thanks for chiming in Troy. I did know that you were the seller :thumbup2:

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I bought an LD shaft from a seller here that told me that all of the Carbon
Fiber Shafts were made by 3 manufacturers in China to the different companies specs.
I think it's inevitable that those shafts will be available through other cue makers and
dealers as well as the main dealers that have them now. Probably for a much cheaper price as well.