Jackpot Cue
Old
  (#1)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

Jackpot Cue - 06-27-2020, 01:28 AM

Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.]

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.

Old
  (#2)
Diamond Jack
AzB Silver Member
Diamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond reputeDiamond Jack has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-27-2020, 01:57 AM

hi jam, i believe you like this guy keith a lot.

Earl gave me the nickname "Diamond Jack" and his own Starlight cue at the last day of the World Pool Championships held in Cardiff - Wales/GB 2000.
Thanks again for this two great gifts Mr. Earl "The Pearl" Strickland........

Old
  (#3)
Sunchaser
Belgian Malinois
Sunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond reputeSunchaser has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 02:28 AM

Schmelke does make a fine cue. Im sure he will enjoy it.

Old
  (#4)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-27-2020, 05:14 AM

I've never heard of these Jackpot cues, what is the story behind them. Are there other reports of people being excited about them that I could read?

Sent from the future.

Old
  (#5)
a1712
AzB Silver Member
a1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond reputea1712 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 05:18 AM

Ole Deano calling in the Calvary for reinforcement. Once a snake always a snake. Brian.

Old
  (#6)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

06-27-2020, 05:39 AM

the shaft on my Schmelke cue also is super smooth.
they treat with something.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#7)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I've never heard of these Jackpot cues, what is the story behind them. Are there other reports of people being excited about them that I could read?

Sent from the future.

"Excited about them" <<----------AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.....I see what you are doing here and I am in support!

The story is more like a SAGA!! That $600 Schmelke better be nice! The guy gets caught in LIE after LIE and still is trying to sell stuff on here. Call it "knocking" or what ever you want Deanoc, I call it reality!

TFT

Old
  (#8)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 06:08 AM

This is what we've all come here to see and we're not getting disappointed, it's a real barn burner folks, rounding the last turn it's Gratuitous battling it out with In Your Face, but wait, Laughable is making a move on the outside, now Lettuce is sprinting and has him by a head and Tomato is trying to ketch-up but looks to be getting all bottled up...!!!

And down the stretch they come and it now appears to be a two horse race, it's Gratuitous, it's Laughable, Gratuitous, now Laughable it's a photo finish, we have a photo finish folks, Laughable and Gratuitous just unbelievable.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 06-27-2020 at 06:47 AM.

Old
  (#9)
Ipmtim
AzB Silver Member
Ipmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond reputeIpmtim has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:

Sent from the future.
SMH, here we go again.

Old
  (#10)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

06-27-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:

Sent from the future.
The way I saw it was they are cues made by Schmelke and passed off as being custom made by Jack Potter for $600.00.
Same cue directly from Schmelke would be about $200
I have a real Schmelke cue that cost $232 and its fancier then the Jackpot cues.
With that being said I think Schmelke makes a fine cue for a very reasonable price.

If I got anything wrong here people feel free to correct it.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow
Best of the bunch- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

Willie said I will only say this...when I beat Ralph, they would say it was because he was drinking....but every time he beat me, he was drinking too.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#11)
drv4
AzB Silver Member
drv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond reputedrv4 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 07:44 AM

I must have missed something on the forum, have no idea what is going on.

Edit: Never mind, just read measureman’s post.

Old
  (#12)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by measureman View Post
The way I saw it was they are cues made by Schmelke and passed off as being custom made by Jack Potter for $600.00.
Same cue directly from Schmelke would be about $200
I have a real Schmelke cue that cost $232 and its fancier then the Jackpot cues.
With that being said I think Schmelke makes a fine cue for a very reasonable price.

If I got anything wrong here people feel free to correct it.
Cannot forget the marketing blitzkrieg spamming multiple forums, highjacking threads and snaking PMs.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#13)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.]

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.

I was going to compliment the gift and leave it at that, but then this read like another ad.

Going on about the shaft smoothness? I had one in my hands, and I can tell you they need some sanding and a beeswax treatment.

The shape of the shaft? Reads like Dean handed you a script to talk up the ultra-stubby taper.

Knocking people who were offended by saying "a real pool player doesn't care who made it" is disgraceful. Go to NPR with that mindset, thanks.

Are you so out of touch with the world today that you would shame others instead of just saying "Dean sent Keith a cue to try, it's pretty nice"?? That would have been nice of you, not the shameless pandering that it comes off as.

Dean thinks we're all idiots and that if a cue screws together it is worth $500. Thanks for confirming that, JAM

Snowflakes in Hawaii meltdown

What does a laughably out of touch old man sound like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type79
Stay in your lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
I own you nothing grasshopper, as in my mind you are just another internet cocoaroach

Old
  (#14)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 09:05 AM

I wonder how much JAM paid for the cue?

Old
  (#15)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 09:44 AM

If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, that’s a strong endorsement as far as I’m concerned.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Page 1 of 16 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: