Old
  (#16)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-27-2020, 09:50 AM

Anything for a friend.

Old
  (#17)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

06-27-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.]

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.
Being honest Jam, and having seen Keith play back in the day when we did not have Wi-Fi, Smart Phones, it was Keith's skill & ability that made him a great player, not the Cue in his hand.

IMHO if you gave Keith a Boomstick with LePro Tip he could still play kick ass pool.

ďPool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#18)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

06-27-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideologist View Post
I was going to compliment the gift and leave it at that, but then this read like another ad.

Going on about the shaft smoothness? I had one in my hands, and I can tell you they need some sanding and a beeswax treatment.

The shape of the shaft? Reads like Dean handed you a script to talk up the ultra-stubby taper.

Knocking people who were offended by saying "a real pool player doesn't care who made it" is disgraceful. Go to NPR with that mindset, thanks.

Are you so out of touch with the world today that you would shame others instead of just saying "Dean sent Keith a cue to try, it's pretty nice"?? That would have been nice of you, not the shameless pandering that it comes off as.

Dean thinks we're all idiots and that if a cue screws together it is worth $500. Thanks for confirming that, JAM
How dare you dissect my words to mean what you want them to mean. Who the heck do you think you are?

I have every right to relay Keith's words on this forum verbatim, and I did that. Deanoc wrote to me a long time ago that he wanted to get Keith's take on this "Jackpot Cue." I didn't think anything of it, though, as time passed by. Then out of the blue, a few days ago, he asked for our address, and 2 days later, we received the package.

Keith did, indeed, say those exact words about the shaft. Maybe you need to get your rough hands sanded so you know what smooth feels like.

My statement about a "real pool player" was not meant to insult anyone. It was meant to say Keith has expertise on pool cues as he plays pool many more hours than most. You can interpret this as an insult if you like, but it wasn't meant to be.

Why don't you shove it where the sun don't shine, ideologist? Now, that's an insult, just so you know.

Last edited by JAM; 06-27-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo

Old
  (#19)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, thatís a strong endorsement as far as Iím concerned.
Photos coming. His hair looks like sh*t right now because of no barber shops being open. Maybe I can put a hat on him and get a photo.

I am sorry I created this thread now. The cue was a gift, and I thought it was very generous. I created this thread to show my appreciation, not to get into a back-and-forth with a bunch of AzBilliard lobsters.

Old
  (#20)
pocket
AzB Silver Member
pocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond reputepocket has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:05 AM

This thread makes me sad. SMH.

Old
  (#21)
HawaiianEye
Banned
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.]

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.
They are mighty fine cues and play as well as any cue being sold on here, but "hit" is subjective and every player may like something different.

I have two of these cues and seven shafts. Every shaft is super smooth and every one that RandyinHawaii has is the same.

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-27-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Old
  (#22)
JAM
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post
They are mighty fine cues and play as well as any cue being sold on here, but "hit" is subjective and every player may like something different.

I have two of these cues and seven shafts. Every shaft is super smooth and everyone that RandyInHawaii has is the same.
True dat. You're absolutely right about the hit being subjective. I won't know what Keith thinks about the hit until he goes out and hits balls, of course.

But what he did like about it was the forward balance and the shaft width. Keith always likes a skinny butt and shafts with a long taper.

In fact, I'm going to transcribe his words about the shaft here in this thread verbatim, so he can explain the "smoothness" I was trying to convey. I thought all shafts were smooth too, but he said no. I will let him explain what he meant.

Thanks for your reply, HawaiianEye.

Stand by.

Old
  (#23)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

06-27-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
How dare you dissect my words to mean what you want them to mean. Who the heck do you think you are?

I have every right to relay Keith's words on this forum verbatim, and I did that. Deanoc wrote to me a long time ago that he wanted to get Keith's take on this "Jackpot Cue." I didn't think anything of it, though, as time passed by. Then out of the blue, a few days ago, he asked for our address, and 2 days later, we received the package.

Keith did, indeed, say those exact words about the shaft. Maybe you need to get your rough hands sanded so you know what smooth feels like.

My statement about a "real pool player" was not meant to insult anyone. It was meant to say Keith has expertise on pool cues as he plays pool many more hours than most. You can interpret this as an insult if you like, but it wasn't meant to be.

Why don't you shove it where the sun don't shine, ideologist? Now, that's an insult, just so you know.
Chill Jam, ideologist had a beef with Deanoc, he is on some mission to trash Deanoc ever chance he gets. Reason unknown? Could be envy of Deanoc.

Some day he will find a new mission, hope soon. JMHO.

ďPool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#24)
HawaiianEye
Banned
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
True dat. You're absolutely right about the hit being subjective. I won't know what Keith thinks about the hit until he goes out and hits balls, of course.

But what he did like about it was the forward balance and the shaft width. Keith always likes a skinny butt and shafts with a long taper.

In fact, I'm going to transcribe his words about the shaft here in this thread verbatim, so he can explain the "smoothness" I was trying to convey. I thought all shafts were smooth too, but he said no. I will let him explain what he meant.

Thanks for your reply, HawaiianEye.

Stand by.
Both of mine can be seen in this thread. One has a maple handle and the other has a camphor burl handle that was cored by Larry Vigus.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=510848

Old
  (#25)
poolcuekid3275
Banned
poolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafongoul View Post
If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, thatís a strong endorsement as far as Iím concerned.
Even if it were Efren indorsing the cue, would you still pay $500 for one, knowing that it was made by Schmelke?

Old
  (#26)
JAM
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2020, 10:26 AM

I am transcribing what Keith said here. I would have him login to his AzBilliards account, but we forgot the password, and I don't feel like messing with the emails back and forth for new password creations. Here goes.

KEITH McCREADY: First of all, I got two shafts. One shaft that I have on there, the grain of the wood is real smooth. For a new shaft, it seemed like it wouldn't take me long at all to get the shaft to where I needed it to be.

I will do a little work on the taper to getting it to exactly where I like it, but I do that with all my shafts. I need long tapers, and I blacken my tips, all my tips, and I nickel every one of them.

When I get done with it, the cue will be just fine. A lot of people don't know what they're doing with cue sticks when they get them, and it goes with hitting balls and shaping the cue to where you like it. It takes a little bit of time. But with this particular shaft, I don't think it will take that long. And the smoothness and the grain of the shaft, I really like.

For a first time, out of the box, Sneaky Pete/Plain Jane, I think the wood on this is pretty solid. It's got forward balance, which is a must. It's just a good, all-around solid piece of wood.

By the way, what is Dean's last name? I want to thank him. I wasn't expecting this gift from him and didn't know about it until yesterday when it arrived. I really appreciate the gift, and you will be hearing more about the cue stick in the near future after I go out and hit balls.

Earthquake out.

[End of transcription.]

Old
  (#27)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:34 AM

Deano-damage-control. Give a cue away and hope no one remembers what happened. Nice try.

Old
  (#28)
JAM
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Deano-damage-control. Give a cue away and hope no one remembers what happened. Nice try.
Good grief. What is wrong with you guys, man?

I created this thread on my own. Deanoc has no input or knowledge of me creating this thread. For anyone to think so, that means that their thinking is warped. They think everybody is warped because they're warped. Hurt people hurt people, as they say.

Old
  (#29)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Good grief. What is wrong with you guys, man?

I created this thread on my own. Deanoc has no input or knowledge of me creating this thread. For anyone to think so, that means that their thinking is warped. They think everybody is warped because they're warped. Hurt people hurt people, as they say.
After what all transpired during the Jackpot deal did you really think posting this was NOT going to get replies like mine?? You opened the gate i just drove thru it. I guess some have real short memories.

Old
  (#30)
JAM
AzB Silver Member

06-27-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
After what all transpired during the Jackpot deal did you really think posting this was NOT going to get replies like mine?? You opened the gate i just drove thru it. I guess some have real short memories.
If you have a beef with the guy, that's your problem. Not mine.

I wrote this thread based on my experience with him. Just take that old, worn-out, warped jalopy you're driving in and keep on trucking, preferably past this thread.

Page 2 of 16 12 3412 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: