Old
  (#31)
CocoboloCowboy
Cowboys are my heros.
CocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond reputeCocoboloCowboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1538

06-27-2020, 10:48 AM

Well I hope when Keith has the time to post his impression of the JackPot Cue, he does that. An evualation of his Jackpot, the good, bad if anything is bad, and last his over all impression of how the Cue plays.

Hope so.

Maybe the Nuckleheads will say that was a fair evualation.

JMHO

“Pool is geometry, in its most challenging form, the science of precise angles, and forces" - Quote from: A Game of Pool, The Twilight Zone 1961 Television Show.

Old
  (#32)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-27-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Chill Jam, ideologist had a beef with Deanoc, he is on some mission to trash Deanoc ever chance he gets. Reason unknown? Could be envy of Deanoc.

Some day he will find a new mission, hope soon. JMHO.
Hi Cowboy;

You know that ideologist didn't have "a beef with Deanoc". What he had, and like many other az'ers including myself had, was a problem with how Dean deceived so many in this community with his inaccurate and relentless marketing of the Jackpot cues.

Jackasses like yourself can continue to defend him til the cows come home if you'd like; many others aren't so quick to look the other way when such behavior is exhibited. This goes way past differences of opinion, btw, it's about right vs wrong.

Dean went on a self imposed vacation that lasted just a few weeks, now as part of his re-entry back into the azb marketing community, he sent JAM a free Jackpot cue for evaluation; someone whom he carefully chose because he received sympathetic support from her during his being found out for selling $200 Schmelke's to customers as $600 Jackpots - for whatever reasons she was cool with that. I'm fairly certain she would never pay $600 for the cue she received.

As part of the cue evaluation by Keith who, ftr, I admire greatly, I'd like him to be asked if he could buy this cue for $200 direct from the maker, Schmelke, or buy it for $600 from a middle man who created the distinct impression that they were being made by Jack Potter, which option would he choose?

For the umpteenth time, it never really mattered how good or bad the cues were so even if Keith says it's the best cue he's ever hit with in his life, that's not going to change the fact that Dean broke a number of rules here along with being flat out deceptive and inconsiderate in his marketing of these Jackpot cues.

JAM, he's paying you and playing you for an endorsement (that he got in your op) as he restarts his azb marketing plan.

Ol' Dean, he's a slick one.

best,
brian kc

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Last edited by Kickin' Chicken; 06-27-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Old
  (#33)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-27-2020, 11:17 AM

Anybody wanna buy a pool table?

Old
  (#34)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:22 AM

Why would anyone want to attach themselves to that
dumpster fire?

Old
  (#35)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Ol' Dean, he's a slick one.
I do not believe anyone thinks for a moment this is incidental.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#36)
poolcuekid3275
Banned
poolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
If you have a beef with the guy, that's your problem. Not mine.

I wrote this thread based on my experience with him. Just take that old, worn-out, warped jalopy you're driving in and keep on trucking, preferably past this thread.
People who are upset about what Deanoc did are not going to do that though.

He sold cues, and gave his customers the impression that Jack Potter personally custom made those cues, but in reality, those cues were made by Schmelke.

He did it for a very good cause, to help out a friend in need, but that does not make it right, about what he did.

Keith McCready received a very nice gift, of a nice custom cue, and I believe that he may not know the true story behind these cues.

You may not have known the story either, if you were not on AZB at the time when all that mess was going on, about the facts coming out about Schmelke being the builder of the Jackpot cues.

I have read that most of the buyers, except for maybe 1, were happy with their purchase, so I guess that is all that matters (that the buyer is happy).

I can understand why people would be angry though, to learn about a long time, and very well known and trusted AZB member, deceiving other members though. It is not something that anyone will soon forget about, and I can't imagine that reading a good review about Keith McCready being very happy about the quality and playability of his new Jackpot cues is going to change anyone's poor opinion about what happened, with Deanoc deceiving his buyers.

I am sure it is a good quality cue though. The Jackpot just has a tainted image now, in my opinion.

Old
  (#37)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolcuekid3275 View Post
People who are upset about what Deanoc did are not going to do that though.

He sold cues, and gave his customers the impression that Jack Potter personally custom made those cues, but in reality, those cues were made by Schmelke.

He did it for a very good cause, to help out a friend in need, but that does not make it right, about what he did.

Keith McCready received a very nice gift, of a nice custom cue, and I believe that he may not know the true story behind these cues.

You may not have known the story either, if you were not on AZB at the time when all that mess was going on, about the facts coming out about Schmelke being the builder of the Jackpot cues.

I have read that most of the buyers, except for maybe 1, were happy with their purchase, so I guess that is all that matters (that the buyer is happy).

I can understand why people would be angry though, to learn about a long time, and very well known and trusted AZB member, deceiving other members though. It is not something that anyone will soon forget about, and I can't imagine that reading a good review about Keith McCready being very happy about the quality and playability of his new Jackpot cues is going to change anyone's poor opinion about what happened, with Deanoc deceiving his buyers.

I am sure it is a good quality cue though. The Jackpot just has a tainted image now, in my opinion.
Very well stated. One last ting before i bail here: if you're going to open a thread on an open/public forum you better be ready to fade whatever responses it gets. You don't get to decide the who's-n-how's of how your thread is received or answered.

Old
  (#38)
poolcuekid3275
Banned
poolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoboloCowboy View Post
Well I hope when Keith has the time to post his impression of the JackPot Cue, he does that. An evualation of his Jackpot, the good, bad if anything is bad, and last his over all impression of how the Cue plays.

Hope so.

Maybe the Nuckleheads will say that was a fair evualation.

JMHO
When a Pro player receives a free pool cue from a company. That company sent that free gift in hopes of the well known Pro player giving a good review of the product. I just can't imagine that anyone would give a bad or poor review of a product that they received for free. They are going to say only nice things about the product, and if anything bad in their mind, they would usually not make those thoughts public.

I do not know if this is the reason that Keith received one of those Jackpot cues though. It may have just been a gift, with no strings attached. With hopes for an honest good review of the cue.

It does not change the fact that they were made by Schmelke though. Good cue, but NOT a $500 value cue.

Old
  (#39)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:47 AM

My take, I'v already gone in on Dean about his sells technique about the Jackpots, so did a chunk of the forums, some people defended him, let's move it on, I mean if it ain't even Dean's personal thread no reason to turn it into a full-on Dean bashing thread.

If a respected member wants to share their view on a cue they should be able to, be it Jam or HawaiianEye, even a Jackpot.
Me and Jim argued about Dean, but never about the playability of the cue, how can I say Jim's cue is no good or not worth more than a factory schmekle if I never hit with it, might be worth more to me than 600.00.

Heck I think for the most part almost everyone said they didn't play like a normal schmekle, and who am I or anyone to tell someone if a cue hits good or not, I can comment on Deans sales techniques though, and I have beat that horse to a pulp.

Old
  (#40)
Snooker Theory
AzB Silver Member
Snooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond reputeSnooker Theory has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
When a Pro player receives a free pool cue from a company. That company sent that free gift in hopes of the well known Pro player giving a good review of the product. I just can't imagine that anyone would give a bad or poor review of a product that they received for free. They are going to say only nice things about the product, and if anything bad in their mind, they would usually not make those thoughts public.

I do not know if this is the reason that Keith received one of those Jackpot cues though. It may have just been a gift, with no strings attached. With hopes for an honest good review of the cue.

It does not change the fact that they were made by Schmelke though. Good cue, but NOT a $500 value cue.
Welcome to the forums, you sure are in the mix for your join date, lol. Some good points though regarding when folks get free things, I think there is a bit of an unspoken rule that social media gets the good comments and the company sending out the free product gets the bad reviews.

Old
  (#41)
poolcuekid3275
Banned

06-27-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Why would anyone want to attach themselves to that
dumpster fire?
I get the feeling that Keith probably knew nothing about all of the deception behind the Jackpot cues.

It may have just been an honest good review, or should I say it probably was an honest good review.

It may have just been a free gift, with no strings attached.

Old
  (#42)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:00 PM

This definitely a damage control thread.

Send cue to professional and have him vouch for it.

Go to AZB and report of how great it is.

He’s a pro. What’s he going to say it sucks? He can’t shoot with it?

Given the drama with this cue why even make a thread about it.

Dean about to send one to Efren.

Old
  (#43)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

06-27-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
... One last ting before i bail here: if you're going to open a thread on an open/public forum you better be ready to fade whatever responses it gets. You don't get to decide the who's-n-how's of how your thread is received or answered.
And those who respond better be ready to fade the OP's reaction as well.

I decide when and who I want to reply to. Always have and always will.

Next?

Old
  (#44)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

06-27-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I get the feeling that Keith probably knew nothing about all of the deception behind the Jackpot cues.

It may have just been an honest good review, or should I say it probably was an honest good review.

Keith hasn't been on AzBilliards in a long time. He has no idea what a Jackpot Cue is. I'm not even sure if he knows who Deanoc is. Well, he does now, of course.

Keith gets a beautiful cue as a gift, a decent cue at that, and instead of celebrating the niceness of the gift, people want to throw shade and innuendos about the real reason it was given. I don't have anything to gain from this thread, but I can tell you this, if we were on Facebook, I'd delete the thread immediately. Who needs this crap in their life?

Welcome to AzBilliards Discussion Forum!

Old
  (#45)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:

She posted in the jackpot thread. Keith may not
have known but for them not do discuss it at
all seems unlikely.
I don't doubt the review is completely honest.

Page 3 of 16 123 4513 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: