Old
  (#46)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

06-27-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
She posted in the jackpot thread. Keith may not
have known but for them not do discuss it at
all seems unlikely.
I don't doubt the review is completely honest.
What a joke you are! We now have mind-readers on the forum.

Yeah, I posted in the Jackpot thread, and so what? I had no dog in that fight.

I'm posting in this thread now, and I now have a dog in the fight.

Old
  (#47)
poolcuekid3275
Banned
poolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond reputepoolcuekid3275 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-27-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooker Theory View Post
My take, I'v already gone in on Dean about his sells technique about the Jackpots, so did a chunk of the forums, some people defended him, let's move it on, I mean if it ain't even Dean's personal thread no reason to turn it into a full-on Dean bashing thread.

If a respected member wants to share their view on a cue they should be able to, be it Jam or HawaiianEye, even a Jackpot.
Me and Jim argued about Dean, but never about the playability of the cue, how can I say Jim's cue is no good or not worth more than a factory schmekle if I never hit with it, might be worth more to me than 600.00.

Heck I think for the most part almost everyone said they didn't play like a normal schmekle, and who am I or anyone to tell someone if a cue hits good or not, I can comment on Deans sales techniques though, and I have beat that horse to a pulp.
I once played with this cue from the Philippines that retailed for around $75. That cue hit amazing, in my opinion. I was running out with it from everywhere, on my 1st shots with it, lol. The cue just felt and hit amazing to me.

My point is, that no matter how good a cue hits, the person is usually not going to want to pay more then the cue is worth. Unless the cue is unique in some way, and the buyer knows that there may not be any other cue out there that hits that good.

Some buyers might pay more then a cue is worth for something they really love, but I just can't imagine it happening too often, if they know that they will never be able to get their money back out of that cue in the future.

Would be very hard to sell a $200 to $300 (retail value) custom / production cue for $500 to $600 without the deception that was given though. I guess that is the only way to make a profit off of a custom Schmelke cue though, is to tell your buyers that it was made by someone else. In this case, Jack Potter, who was partners with the cue maker who made Libra custom cues. So, people may have thought they were buying a Libra.

Last edited by poolcuekid3275; 06-27-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Old
  (#48)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM View Post
What a joke you are! We now have mind-readers on the forum.

Yeah, I posted in the Jackpot thread, and so what? I had no dog in that fight.

I'm posting in this thread now, and I now have a dog in the fight.
A joke?
Mind reader?

You posted in the thread so you took at least some of what unfolded.
You posted about a review on the jackpot and got Keith's
take on the cue. So I assume that you talked about
the sales techniques that transpired.( maybe incorrectly)

Not trying to be a butthead just interested on why,
after the way Dean went about selling the cues,
are you supporting this?

Old
  (#49)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:21 PM

Let the woofin' begin.

This thread only sucks a little bit less than Covid-19.

Old
  (#50)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolcuekid3275 View Post
People who are upset about what Deanoc did are not going to do that though.

He sold cues, and gave his customers the impression that Jack Potter personally custom made those cues, but in reality, those cues were made by Schmelke.

He did it for a very good cause, to help out a friend in need, but that does not make it right, about what he did.

Keith McCready received a very nice gift, of a nice custom cue, and I believe that he may not know the true story behind these cues.

You may not have known the story either, if you were not on AZB at the time when all that mess was going on, about the facts coming out about Schmelke being the builder of the Jackpot cues.

I have read that most of the buyers, except for maybe 1, were happy with their purchase, so I guess that is all that matters (that the buyer is happy).

I can understand why people would be angry though, to learn about a long time, and very well known and trusted AZB member, deceiving other members though. It is not something that anyone will soon forget about, and I can't imagine that reading a good review about Keith McCready being very happy about the quality and playability of his new Jackpot cues is going to change anyone's poor opinion about what happened, with Deanoc deceiving his buyers.

I am sure it is a good quality cue though. The Jackpot just has a tainted image now, in my opinion.

That wasn't why. It may have turned out that way after the fact, but it was not the motivation.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#51)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

06-27-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
A joke?
Mind reader?

You posted in the thread so you took at least some of what unfolded.
You posted about a review on the jackpot and got Keith's
take on the cue. So I assume that you talked about
the sales techniques that transpired.( maybe incorrectly)

Not trying to be a butthead just interested on why,
after the way Dean went about selling the cues,
are you supporting this?
You accused me of not being honest. I resent that. How dare you!

Old
  (#52)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
You accused me of not being honest. I resent that. How dare you!
When did I do that?

Old
  (#53)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

06-27-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.
Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Jennie, Keith, and Dean
Old
  (#54)
ShootingArts
Smorg is giving the 7!
ShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond reputeShootingArts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Jennie, Keith, and Dean - 06-27-2020, 12:55 PM

We have to keep separate Jennie, Keith, and Dean. Jennie is straight as a string although she will stick up for friends who may not always deserve her efforts. Keith has been semi-retired forever and I don't remember him being in too much skulduggery even in his younger days, more traveling gunfighter than hustler. Dean I like, but I have to admit he is an old rogue. I could sit and talk with him for hours I am sure, doubt I ever make a long distance deal with him!

I'll be interested in hearing Keith's evaluation but once he reworks the shaft it isn't a typical Jackpot cue. Jennie, may be too late but could you take pictures of the before and after of Keith's mod's? I think that would be of great interest to the forum! We should be able to copy it and all shoot as good as Keith!

I have Shane's shaft on hand at the local dealer now, the one he helped design. I could swap shafts depending on if I need to shoot like Shane or Keith!

Hu

Old
  (#55)
HawaiianEye
Banned
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post
We have to keep separate Jennie, Keith, and Dean. Jennie is straight as a string although she will stick up for friends who may not always deserve her efforts. Keith has been semi-retired forever and I don't remember him being in too much skulduggery even in his younger days, more traveling gunfighter than hustler. Dean I like, but I have to admit he is an old rogue. I could sit and talk with him for hours I am sure, doubt I ever make a long distance deal with him!

I'll be interested in hearing Keith's evaluation but once he reworks the shaft it isn't a typical Jackpot cue. Jennie, may be too late but could you take pictures of the before and after of Keith's mod's? I think that would be of great interest to the forum! We should be able to copy it and all shoot as good as Keith!

I have Shane's shaft on hand at the local dealer now, the one he helped design. I could swap shafts depending on if I need to shoot like Shane or Keith!

Hu
I wonder how many used cues in the For Sale Forum have had some sanding on their shafts.

Some of those Southwests and Balabushkas may not be "typical", either.

If you want a pro's shaft that is still in the original condition with the same tip on it, I have the cue that CJ Wiley used to win the Million Dollar Challenge tournament in 1996. It probably still has a bit of chalk imbedded in the tip from the final game.

Maybe you will be able to shoot like Keith, CJ, and SVB.

Last edited by HawaiianEye; 06-27-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Old
  (#56)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingArts View Post

Hu
For better or worse, you are judged by the company you keep.

This thread is a raging dumpster fire.

There is only one person who can set the record straight. Jack Potter. Everything, and I mean everything else is just gasoline on an open blaze.

Old
  (#57)
ribdoner
SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
ribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond reputeribdoner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4300

06-27-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Keith McCready received a Jackpot Cue yesterday, and what a surprise! I did not tell him it was coming, so he was really happy to receive this cue.

He couldn't wait to open the Postal Priority package to see what was inside, and as soon as he did, he screwed the shaft with the butt and started stroking it. ["Screw," "shaft," "butt," and "stroking." I'm glad y'all know what I'm talking about because these words are unusual for mainstream America.]

Keith said the cue feels great in his hands, and he really likes the smooth shafts. When he said this about the smooth shafts, I said, "Keith, come on, man. All shafts are smooth." And he said, "No, they're not. Absolutely, not all shafts are smooth." I didn't know that.

He also mentioned he liked the shape of the shaft, the width, but best of all for him, he said the forward balance is perfect. He can't wait to get out there and hit some balls.

I can tell you this about a pool player, a pool player who's really a full-time pool player, and what he knows and does best is play pool their entire life. It really doesn't matter where the pool cue came from or who made it or what kind of maple is being used. It's all about the hit, the infamous hit, and how the cue plays.

I'll be reporting back in this thread after Keith goes out and hits some balls with the Jackpot Cue along with photos. He needs to get a haircut first. He's sporting the COVID-19 hairdo right now.

Just thought I'd share the news.
my wife gave me a little trim last night, will suffice until i can get out and hook up with a pro

i've not read the thread, has K had a chance to test drive the cue, if so, what's his opinion of it?

the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off

Old
  (#58)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

06-27-2020, 01:41 PM

Quote:
my wife gave me a little trim last night, will suffice until i can get out and hook up with a pro
Best of both worlds.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#59)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-27-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.
jenny should get a visual on just how nice a job your Norelco did.

Here's Chris all fixed up like 'I don't need no stinkin' hair salon!'
Attached Images

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Old
  (#60)
Kickin' Chicken
Kick Shot Afficionado
Kickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond reputeKickin' Chicken has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

06-27-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyco View Post
Best of both worlds.
too freakin funny!

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass!" - my Father

"That was stronger than cat piss, right there." - Brandon Shuff

Playing cues: Tim Scruggs - Jeff Olney
Break cue: Predator BK2 w/White Diamond Tip
Jump cue: Jacoby/Lomax

Page 4 of 16 « First 234 5614 Last »