Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Barack Obama greatest presidential pool player...
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
MattPoland
AzB Silver Member
MattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond reputeMattPoland has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-20-2020, 12:21 PM

I heard Trump has Allen Hopkins stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old
  (#32)
Bavafongoul
AzB Silver Member
Bavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond reputeBavafongoul has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-20-2020, 12:24 PM

Gosh, why move it?

No one is expressing political discourse, debate or disagreement.

It is about pool and so what if the former President is discussed.

The posts have not been about policies or issues, former or current.

Sounds like you have your own agenda in mind for objecting to this thread.

I am delighted this thread hasn’t degraded into something deserving of NPR.

Cudos to everyone that’s commented because this is how the Forum used to be.

"My Pool Cues"

*Bob Owen Custom- Level 8 (s/d 4-24-16) - Flat Ivory Joint
*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 6 (s/d 5-4-16) - Flat Ivory Joint

*J. Rauenzahn Custom - Level 8 (s/d 2-23-15) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Ed Prewitt Custom '05 - Level 8 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Bob Owen Custom - Level 8 (s/d 5-4-14) - Flat Ivory Joint
*Tim Scruggs Custom (05-95) Level 7 - Flat Ivory Joint
*Runde Schon (03-85) Custom "R" Series (1 of 1)
*Palmer (Original) - '72 (All Cocobolo Wood)

Old
  (#33)
Icon of Sin
Headphones Advocate!
Icon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond reputeIcon of Sin has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 15960

08-20-2020, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankenobi View Post
It appears that he knows how to use a cue. I thought for a while that there was a brunswick in the White House. If that we the case and I were president, all the world leaders would be hearing pool balls go into pockets during conference calls. lol
It's actually annoying as hell if you are on the other end and way louder then you would think. At least that's what my bosses and coworkers tell me.

Most of my conference calls from home during this ****ing pandemic are spent around the pool table with myself muted until I have something to chime in on.

-H

Disclaimer:
I'm really a sh!t pool player and you probably shouldn't listen to any advice I may give.

Old
  (#34)
Hunter
The King of Memes
Hunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond reputeHunter has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1000
Location: Arizona: Land of a Half Million Illegal Immigrants and a "dry heat"...

08-20-2020, 03:54 PM

Here is Obie playing pool. Banger at best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TRpIHkgMs

Here is a blurb about pool playing Presidents:

The sixth President, John Quincy Adams had his own pool table brought down to the White House from his home in Massachusetts during his presidency and was attacked for it by supporters of Andrew Jackson in the election of 1828, for promoting gambling in the Executive Mansion. Ironically, Andrew Jackson was a pool player and had the reputation of being something of a pool shark as a young man. President Ulysses S. Grant was an enthusiastic player and had a pool table installed in the White House during his term as President. He often played with his close friend and principle adviser, General William Tecumseh Sherman, who was Secretary of War at the time.

"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you"...

Old
  (#35)
Chicken Feather
AzB Silver Member
Chicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond reputeChicken Feather has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2020, 04:52 PM

Anytime a President can promote the game is a good thing. After the Americans won the Mosconi cup, Trump had a photo-op with the players to congratulate them. I think it was the subject of a thread here, and included a picture of a young Ivanka at the table.

Old
  (#36)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

08-20-2020, 11:55 PM

Man I wish I had time to look it up but when a table was added to the White House for I think less then $100 congress through a fit and said it was frivolous spending. I think it was in the encyclopedia of pool.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#37)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

08-21-2020, 12:44 AM

I always like a high stakes ring game, but he's lined up a little right.
Attached Images

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#38)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

08-21-2020, 01:24 AM

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=142388

Old
  (#39)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 09:03 AM

I like to see Presidents play because it indirectly promotes the game.

Obama was trying to save pool.

I believe he went out a few times to play.

Old
  (#40)
justnum
AzB Silver Member
justnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond reputejustnum has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingHank View Post

Save pool, I thought that is what room owners do, tournament organizers and backers do and even celebrity pool players.

Jasmin Ouschan is well publicized in her country, check her instagram.

Old
  (#41)
Deruki
The Truth!
Deruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond reputeDeruki has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Move this to NPR.
Why? Are you triggered?

Don't click on it.

Old
  (#42)
jimmyco
NRA4Life

jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 10:13 AM

Quote:

The only thing that will save pool is blue glue.

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#43)
ShootingHank
AzB Silver Member
ShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond reputeShootingHank has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Here is Obie playing pool. Banger at best...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TRpIHkgMs

Here is a blurb about pool playing Presidents:

The sixth President, John Quincy Adams had his own pool table brought down to the White House from his home in Massachusetts during his presidency and was attacked for it by supporters of Andrew Jackson in the election of 1828, for promoting gambling in the Executive Mansion. Ironically, Andrew Jackson was a pool player and had the reputation of being something of a pool shark as a young man. President Ulysses S. Grant was an enthusiastic player and had a pool table installed in the White House during his term as President. He often played with his close friend and principle adviser, General William Tecumseh Sherman, who was Secretary of War at the time.
I knew he wasn't very good due to his eyes. You can see it in the eyes. His stance is good.

Old
  (#44)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

08-21-2020, 10:52 AM

Whatever his skills are, it's good to see that he enjoys playing pool. A billiard room was an almost standard feature in the more luxurious estates in both America and Europe, so more than a few of the rich and famous are introduced to, and come to like, pool.

Old
  (#45)
ChrisinNC
AzB Silver Member
ChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond reputeChrisinNC has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I knew he wasn't very good due to his eyes. You can see it in the eyes. His stance is good.
His forearm aligned vertically directly below his elbow is also impressive in the video when viewed behind him getting ready to shoot. However, his bridge is a telltale sign he is not a pool player capable of breaking and running out an 8-ball rack unless he was to get extremely lucky.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: