Joss West Hoppe - 1976 - Spain Forearm! Josswest

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
All original 1976 Joss West Hoppe cue. Burton Spain forearm. Butt and Shaft 1 are all original - original finish, wrap, everything. Shaft 2 was made a few years ago by Pete Tascarella with the same taper and exact matching ring. True V-Spliced points, sharp and even.

Unbelievable playing cue and a must-have for serious JW Collectors. This cue has the most distinctive sound, an Old School "poink" that a trained ear can hear from across the room.

LOOK AT THAT SHAFT WOOD! 'nuff said

I started to send this to Billy for a much-needed refinish, decided to sell it instead. REPEAT: this cue NEEDS a refinish. Proficient charges $150.00, Billy charges $500.00. If you intend on playing with it (as I have), send it to Scot at Proficient or your favorite finish guy; to maintain Collector's value, send it to Bill Stroud.

SPECS
BUTT: 4 point, 4 veneer Burton Spain Forearm. Ebony points into BEM; points are Natural, Black, Green, Black
HOPPE STYLE! - Ivory Hoppe ring with "JW" logo (sideways)
Ebony Butt sleeve
5/16-14 pin with SS joint
Shaft 1: Original JW with unbelievable wood! 4.05 oz. 13mm (original taper, never turned or sanded) Ivory ferrule, Kamui tip
Shaft 2: Made by Pete Tascarella, approx 12.85, 3.6 oz, yellow MICARTA ferrule (the good Westinghouse yellow stuff)
Wrap: Original Cortland white/green spec. The good stuff.
STRAIGHT! Together and apart. Excellent condition - a few playing dings, into finish only.
Full 58" cue (somewhat unusual for this time period)

Since this cue needs a refinish, I'm pricing it accordingly and I'm pricing it to move NOW at SOLD SOLD SOLD PayPal fees and insured EXPRESS MAIL shipping (domestic). PayPal only, no trades. PM or email me:

DSCN0145.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0131.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

Last edited:

deep

OFF THE CHAIN
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I wish i had the cash, i really like these old JW cues and this one looks to be a steal.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Have a buyer and a back-up, both ready to send funds.

Thanks all!

-von

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
This cue plays strong...... The buyer is going to be very very happy. It has that old school pop, that only comes from cue from this era.

P.s. I had also believed it was a spain blank, but was too lazy to ask bill. I'm gonna guess that von asked bill about it.

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
how much did this bad boy go for i wonder? i wish i had seen this post would have scooped it up in a heartbeat.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This cue plays strong...... The buyer is going to be very very happy. It has that old school pop, that only comes from cue from this era.

P.s. I had also believed it was a spain blank, but was too lazy to ask bill. I'm gonna guess that von asked bill about it.

Okay Lucy,,,,,"splain" how one would know how it is a Spain blank.

I really crack me up sometimes....

Seriously, how can you tell without asking Bill.

Ken

JohnDoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Im kind of curious as well. Just looking to learn something. Ive read about how you can look at a cue and know its a balabushka, is there any kind of methodology to looking and knowing if a cue is made from a spain blank? Anybody out there have any idea?

Whoops, Marcus just beat me to it.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
It's a Spain

It's a Spain.

Here's the Joss/Spain pictured next to my Gina/Spain playing cue. The veneer thickness (The Gina is two doubles), point length and spacing are identical. I know the nose on the Gina is a Spain because Ernie remembers ordering them in 1969. I'll call Bill Stroud today and see if I can stroll him down memory lane on this 1976 model. If Tasc had the butt when he made the 2nd shaft, he could have verified it as a Spain, he's sure seen enough of them (as has Marcus).

I'd like to thank Von on this transaction. The cue was exactly as described, shipped very safely and quickly and Von was friendly, honest and informative, just what you want when buying something over the net, just the way a buyer wants it.

Check it out dudes:

newspain1.jpg

newspain2.jpg

Kevin

Last edited: