Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ
Page 1 of 35 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ
Old
  (#1)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ - 03-22-2011, 09:55 AM

With this site being around now for quite the time and me being gone for a period of time, it appears to me that lately there has been more of an influx of new members actively posting than in the recent years. I used to read posts and threads and know most people involved. Now I don't know many of them.

Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Trigger, Blackjack, Cuaba, Fast N Loose, Fatboy (well only Fatboy1 not Fatboy2), Hangemhigh, JAM, JB Cases, JoeyA, Manwon, Ribdoner, Rossaroni, Williebetmore, Spidey, Houmatroy, Mikeyfrost, lfigueroa, Terry Ardeno, Corvette, JCIN, Jay Helfert, Saw, ME....I am sure there are a slew more but those are off the top of my head.

Watchez Is The Teacher

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#2)
JAM
AzB Silver Member
JAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond reputeJAM has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 325

03-22-2011, 09:58 AM

All those Old Schoolers who are present, signify by writing "aye" in this thread.

Aye!

Old
  (#3)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

03-22-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez View Post
With this site being around now for quite the time and me being gone for a period of time, it appears to me that lately there has been more of an influx of new members actively posting than in the recent years. I used to read posts and threads and know most people involved. Now I don't know many of them.

Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Trigger, Blackjack, Cuaba, Fast N Loose, Fatboy (well only Fatboy1 not Fatboy2), Hangemhigh, JAM, JB Cases, JoeyA, Manwon, Ribdoner, Rossaroni, Williebetmore, Spidey, Houmatroy, Mikeyfrost, lfigueroa, Terry Ardeno, Corvette, JCIN, Jay Helfert, Saw, ME....I am sure there are a slew more but those are off the top of my head.
Definitely agree with that list. Would I, in your opinion, make that list? (Just curious.)

(I go back to the RSB days -- mainly as a lurker -- and discovered AZB fairly late in comparison to those on your list, due to a 14-year hiatus from pool to focus on a career.)

Anyway, it's interesting to see the "left turns" that AZB takes due to the new blood.

-Sean

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Old
  (#4)
watchez
What time is it?
watchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond reputewatchez has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5625

03-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Sfleinen - don't think we have had much interaction here on the site. Maybe you hang in the CTE threads that I stay away from j/k

But I'll put you in the club.

Watchez Is The Teacher

Those who dance are always laughed at by those who don't even hear the f'in music - George Carlin RIP

Old
  (#5)
Tom In Cincy
AKA SactownTom
Tom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond reputeTom In Cincy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1140

03-22-2011, 10:05 AM

"aye" and why are we being asked? and my join date is for the 3rd revision of the forums.
I've been posting on AZ since the late 90s.

"In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves." From Jennifer

Just remember all posts are, of course... In My Humble Opinion
Age= Been Playing since I was 17... 53 years ago
Cue = Pete Ohmen (Melbourne, FL) www.omencues.com
Hours of Play per week = 8+

Last edited by Tom In Cincy; 03-22-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Old
  (#6)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1225

03-22-2011, 10:05 AM

I dunno if I qualify as an "old schooler", but I was lurking AZB a few years before joining. I think there wasn't more than a couple dozen regular posters, at the time. The board format was a simple BBS, where you had a topic, and the replies would branch out, underneath. I don't think you even had to register, to post.

Eric

Old
  (#7)
brandoncook26
AzB Silver Member
brandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond reputebrandoncook26 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-22-2011, 10:13 AM

That's a pretty good list. I'm sure there are a few more if you looked through the member list. I have been on here four years now and I don't consider myself anywhere near old school. I think the people you put on have to have been here since at least 2005 or earlier to be "old school".

I would put Shooting Arts (Hu) on that list. He's been here and contributed for a while.

Old
  (#8)
Eric.
Club a member
Eric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond reputeEric. has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Cincy View Post
"aye" and why are we being asked? and my join date is for the 3rd revision of the forums.
I've been posting on AZ since the late 90s.
Good to see you around, Tom.

If I remember right, in the late 90's (1999 for me), we all mostly posted on the Billiards Digest CCB. It seemed like everyone started drifting over here in the early 2000's, IIRC.

Eric

Old
  (#9)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2011, 10:20 AM

I'm Old School, or as my hair stylist like to say "almost done". I started on Billiards Digest then migrated with everybody else. I joined this one in October 2003.

Chris

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 03-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Old
  (#10)
sfleinen
14.1 & One Pocket Addict
sfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond reputesfleinen has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchez View Post
Sfleinen - don't think we have had much interaction here on the site. Maybe you hang in the CTE threads that I stay away from j/k

But I'll put you in the club.
Good gawd -- two points! ("watchez shoots, and he scores!" with that CTE thread ping.) Nah, I avoid aiming system threads like the plague; I skeve when I see them. Navigating the forum and avoiding them is like walking the sidewalks of Washington Heights (the meat-cleaver-handle region of Manhattan) and trying to avoid the dog piles.

That raises an interesting paradox concerning the new blood; with all the left turns the forums now take, there are certain thorn-in-the-side topics that just simply will not die.

-Sean

"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." -Isaac Asimov

"They haven't got brains, any of them, only grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake, and they don't think." -Eeyore, The House at Pooh Corner

Old
  (#11)
Mike Templeton
Confidence........
Mike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond reputeMike Templeton has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Templeton  
03-22-2011, 10:24 AM

Aye......

I consider myself and "old schooler". I've been around since January, 2004. Actually a little earlier than that with a different screen name.....

I remember the RSB days as well, Sean... Fun times...

Mike

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in
his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Name: Mike
Cue: Olney Custom

Old
  (#12)
RobertR
WWSLD
RobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond reputeRobertR has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-22-2011, 10:25 AM

I think Mr. Lipsky should be on that list as well. He's been writing articulate and often profound things about playing pool since the RSB days.

I always read posts from JoeyA, Lou Figeuroa and Steve Lipsky here, and remember fondly our days on RSB (pre crazy larry).

Argh! I just looked it up, I joined on 6/6/06. I guess that explains alot. ;-)

Last edited by RobertR; 03-22-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Old
  (#13)
rayjay
some of the kids
rayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond reputerayjay has a reputation beyond repute

03-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Aye...not only on AZB, but the rest of my life too!

Old
  (#14)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

03-22-2011, 10:48 AM

"aye"

I have been enjoying tis site for many years. Joined in July 2004

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#15)
jimmy-leggs
A GREAT DAY
jimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond reputejimmy-leggs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-22-2011, 10:51 AM

How about 8ballbernie,silver wombat,walt frasier.....j/k....how about me?

Winner of Danny Harriman's "Nittiest nockin poster ever award".

Page 1 of 35 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: