Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
With this site being around now for quite the time and me being gone for a period of time, it appears to me that lately there has been more of an influx of new members actively posting than in the recent years. I used to read posts and threads and know most people involved. Now I don't know many of them.

Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Trigger, Blackjack, Cuaba, Fast N Loose, Fatboy (well only Fatboy1 not Fatboy2), Hangemhigh, JAM, JB Cases, JoeyA, Manwon, Ribdoner, Rossaroni, Williebetmore, Spidey, Houmatroy, Mikeyfrost, lfigueroa, Terry Ardeno, Corvette, JCIN, Jay Helfert, Saw, ME....I am sure there are a slew more but those are off the top of my head.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
With this site being around now for quite the time and me being gone for a period of time, it appears to me that lately there has been more of an influx of new members actively posting than in the recent years. I used to read posts and threads and know most people involved. Now I don't know many of them.

Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Trigger, Blackjack, Cuaba, Fast N Loose, Fatboy (well only Fatboy1 not Fatboy2), Hangemhigh, JAM, JB Cases, JoeyA, Manwon, Ribdoner, Rossaroni, Williebetmore, Spidey, Houmatroy, Mikeyfrost, lfigueroa, Terry Ardeno, Corvette, JCIN, Jay Helfert, Saw, ME....I am sure there are a slew more but those are off the top of my head.

Definitely agree with that list. Would I, in your opinion, make that list? (Just curious.)

(I go back to the RSB days -- mainly as a lurker -- and discovered AZB fairly late in comparison to those on your list, due to a 14-year hiatus from pool to focus on a career.)

Anyway, it's interesting to see the "left turns" that AZB takes due to the new blood.

-Sean

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Sfleinen - don't think we have had much interaction here on the site. Maybe you hang in the CTE threads that I stay away from :) j/k

But I'll put you in the club.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I dunno if I qualify as an "old schooler", but I was lurking AZB a few years before joining. I think there wasn't more than a couple dozen regular posters, at the time. The board format was a simple BBS, where you had a topic, and the replies would branch out, underneath. I don't think you even had to register, to post.

Eric

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a pretty good list. I'm sure there are a few more if you looked through the member list. I have been on here four years now and I don't consider myself anywhere near old school. I think the people you put on have to have been here since at least 2005 or earlier to be "old school".

I would put Shooting Arts (Hu) on that list. He's been here and contributed for a while.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
"aye" and why are we being asked? and my join date is for the 3rd revision of the forums.
I've been posting on AZ since the late 90s.

Good to see you around, Tom.

If I remember right, in the late 90's (1999 for me), we all mostly posted on the Billiards Digest CCB. It seemed like everyone started drifting over here in the early 2000's, IIRC.

Eric

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm Old School, or as my hair stylist like to say "almost done". I started on Billiards Digest then migrated with everybody else. I joined this one in October 2003.

Chris

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sfleinen - don't think we have had much interaction here on the site. Maybe you hang in the CTE threads that I stay away from :) j/k

But I'll put you in the club.

Good gawd -- two points! ("watchez shoots, and he scores!" with that CTE thread ping.) Nah, I avoid aiming system threads like the plague; I skeve when I see them. Navigating the forum and avoiding them is like walking the sidewalks of Washington Heights (the meat-cleaver-handle region of Manhattan) and trying to avoid the dog piles.

That raises an interesting paradox concerning the new blood; with all the left turns the forums now take, there are certain thorn-in-the-side topics that just simply will not die.

-Sean

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Aye......

I consider myself and "old schooler". I've been around since January, 2004. Actually a little earlier than that with a different screen name.....

I remember the RSB days as well, Sean... Fun times...

Mike

RobertR

WWSLD
Silver Member
I think Mr. Lipsky should be on that list as well. He's been writing articulate and often profound things about playing pool since the RSB days.

I always read posts from JoeyA, Lou Figeuroa and Steve Lipsky here, and remember fondly our days on RSB (pre crazy larry).

Argh! I just looked it up, I joined on 6/6/06. I guess that explains alot. ;-)

Last edited:

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm an old schooler, first on RSB then AZ. I can't remember my old screen name though. It probably was AABoutPool....I know I had 3 screen names over the years. Go way back to Jim Meador(sp ?) and his insightful posts on RSB....and dial up internet...aol to boot...and having to out wait the busy signal to get a free modem.

Bob

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see you posting again Watchez! I've been around for quite awhile now, but I'm more of a "reader" than a "poster".

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG Bob! Now you're really dating both of us! I didn't spend much time on RSB, because of some of the abrasive personalities. But I spent a lot of time on Billiards Digest CCB, along with lots of others, back then. My gosh, that was almost 20 years ago! :eek: :thumbup2:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I'm an old schooler, first on RSB then AZ. I can't remember my old screen name though. It probably was AABoutPool....I know I had 3 screen names over the years. Go way back to Jim Meador(sp ?) and his insightful posts on RSB....and dial up internet...aol to boot...and having to out wait the busy signal to get a free modem.

Bob

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
OMG Bob! Now you're really dating both of us! I didn't spend much time on RSB, because of some of the abrasive personalities. But I spend a lot of time on Billiards Digest CCB, along with lots of others. My gosh, that was almost 20 years ago! :eek: :thumbup2:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott, I think your calculator is broken :wink:

Eric