Who is the pro player with the best cueball control today?

Gilbertfan81

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m getting back into the game. I would like to hear everyone’s opinion on this. There are certain players that can almost put you in stroke just watching them play. A couple examples off the top of my mind would be Buddy and Mike Sigel. They played the game the right way- always on the right side of the ball. It was almost like they were playing a different game!

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of candinates here but I would rate Johann Chua and Wu really high. Also bunch of European players comes to mind.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Darren A and Alex P. Both have great touch and control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well.

What is cue ball control? For me it is using it to make a ball and win games. Nothing else matters. Shane has enough to always be near the top in earnings .

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching Dennis orcullo play one pocket answers this question for me easily.
He has the best position cueball control especially in one hole that I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing watching him get on balls to shoot straight in that I’d never think about playing for

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watching Dennis orcullo play one pocket answers this question for me easily.
He has the best position cueball control especially in one hole that I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing watching him get on balls to shoot straight in that I’d never think about playing for

I'll second this. He can do it playing Ten Ball too. Parica, Efren, Buddy and Earl were the best I've ever seen at moving the cue ball (if we go way back then Harold Worst tops the list). Corey, Alex and Francisco are damn good as well. Marlon Manolo was another Filipino player who had the cue ball on a string. He went into politics over there years ago. Probably pays a little better than pool. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I'll second this. He can do it playing Ten Ball too. Parica, Efren, Buddy and Earl were the best I've ever seen at moving the cue ball (if we go way back then Harold Worst tops the list). Corey is damn good as well. Marlon Manolo was another Filipino player who had the cue ball on a string. He went into politics over there years ago. Probably pays a little better than pool. :rolleyes:

Always wondered why he dissappeared. He had a hell of game, and smooth like butter.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who has the best cue ball control will be highly subjective. To me, cue ball control is essential in all pool games from 8-ball to 9-ball to One Pocket and so on. It's the one aspect that is shared among all the games. So, whoever is the best all around player will probably be the pro with the best control. We can all sort of agree on who the top all around players are and it might be a crap shoot from there as they're all so close in speed. My top all around go something like Orcollo, SVB, Pagulayan, Bustamante, Bergman, Shaw, etc. Pretty much the top pros. Currently though, I think Orcollo is at the top of the mountain, but that can change to whoever is on the hot streak at the moment.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Who has the best cue ball control will be highly subjective. To me, cue ball control is essential in all pool games from 8-ball to 9-ball to One Pocket and so on. It's the one aspect that is shared among all the games. So, whoever is the best all around player will probably be the pro with the best control. We can all sort of agree on who the top all around players are and it might be a crap shoot from there as they're all so close in speed. My top all around go something like Orcollo, SVB, Pagulayan, Bustamante, Bergman, Shaw, etc. Pretty much the top pros. Currently though, I think Orcollo is at the top of the mountain, but that can change to whoever is on the hot streak at the moment.

After Dennis lost a tough match to Chris Melling in the 9-Ball while being harassed by the European contingent who were sweating it, he challenged any and all European players to play any pool game for money! There were no takers.
Yes, Shaw was included in this challenge.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would disagree regarding Shaw’s cue ball control. No doubt he is arguably the best player on earth, but that’s not attributed to his control. He is a straight shooter and amazing talent, but, in my opinion, there are better at controlling the cueball.

Pangit

Banned
I would disagree regarding Shaw’s cue ball control. No doubt he is arguably the best player on earth, but that’s not attributed to his control. He is a straight shooter and amazing talent, but, in my opinion, there are better at controlling the cueball.

What's more important...being arguably the best player on earth or precise cueball control?
:scratchhead:

Pangit

Banned
Answering the OP’s question is most important.

200.gif

Nice dodge. Carry on.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will say Dennis however I haven't watched a lot of the other guys like wu and the
Ko brothers play. Those guys don't play one pocket either to my knowledge that I have seen
So imo it's Dennis with Alex a close second

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony Chohan,he must be putting that cue ball there he makes the shot.