Beretta-Fisher.....live

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not either’s best performance but always glad to have the opportunity to watch. Long event and it showed in the final.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Not either’s best performance but always glad to have the opportunity to watch. Long event and it showed in the final.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Yes both were tired and both played really well throughout the tourney. I am for one impressed by Jennifer's game, she made many great shots and her cue ball control has really improved. I don't have a problem with the women taking their time, we could all learn something by making sure that the shot has been thought out correctly.

I watch Allison play a few years ago and I was appalled at the mistakes she was making. I thought she had finally lost her game, although she is not playing as strong as she once did she is still out there competing and winning.:cool:

Congrats to all the players involved and and a big thank you the the event promoters and the crew live streaming.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Allison’s disciplined fundamentals, CB control, strong safety and kicking game, and well thought out position patterns is as good or possibly even better than it was 20 years ago, due to her experience. Her shotmaking consistency is just not quite as strong on the harder missable shots as it used to be.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have bet all my money on fisher...…..
I don’t think you’d have found any takers. If the match was handicapped, Jennifer would have gotten 2-3 games on the wire, racing to 11. I’m guessing her career match record versus Allison is quite one-sided. Jennifer often hangs with Allison for a while, but can’t quite get to the finish line.

It may have been a while since I’ve seen Allison play a match, but I don’t recall seeing Allison playing with a carbon fiber shaft previously. I assume it’s a JPechauer carbon fiber? If indeed she hasn’t played with it for very long, even as great as she is, she still might be in the adjustment process of really getting comfortable with it. Anyone know how long she’s been playing with one?

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think you’d have found any takers. If the match was handicapped, Jennifer would have gotten 2-3 games on the wire, racing to 11. I’m guessing her career match record versus Allison is quite one-sided. Jennifer often hangs with Allison for a while, but can’t quite get to the finish line.

It may have been a while since I’ve seen Allison play a match, but I don’t recall seeing Allison playing with a carbon fiber shaft previously. I assume it’s a JPechauer carbon fiber? If indeed she hasn’t played with it for very long, even as great as she is, she still might be in the adjustment process of really getting comfortable with it. Anyone know how long she’s been playing with one?

If Jenn and Allison are playing even, I'm taking Allison all day, every day.

kitsap

Registered

Earlier in the week, the commentators indicated Allison was using a new JPechauer carbon fiber shaft that she had received the day before the start.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just caught the finals- not great pool by any stretch- but that happens sometimes, even at a pro level. I have played against both of these women going back some years. Allison seemed like more of a killer back then. Jennifer has come a long way, but, you know when you say, "there is just something missing"; well that is how I see her game, just a little something missing to prevent her from that next level. My opinion, from watching her now and playing her in the past is that she relies just a bit too much on being mechanically perfect and in the higher pressure situations she allows some self doubt to enter in and comes up a bit short. She missed two 8 balls towards the end that a pro should make 90%+ one was a simple bank and one was a fairly easy cut shot- you can't do that and win too often. If she can conquer this, she could win more events.
Allison also shows strong technical approach to the game, but she is a bit stronger mentally when it comes to pressure situations, she fixed herself at the end in this match and finished out! Allison got much less than ideal position on three 9 balls late in the match- but she made all three 9 balls. She has experienced much more success at the top end, so even as she ages; that mental toughness will still surface and be dominant against weaker players; even if her game is a bit off, such as last night.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the phrase "winning ugly" to describe this match. AF didn't have top-gear and yet she still gutted out a tough win. My hat's off to JB for a helluva tournament. She won a couple close ones and almost took it off.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earlier in the week, the commentators indicated Allison was using a new JPechauer carbon fiber shaft that she had received the day before the start.
WOW - impressive! Switch to a completely different shaft the day before the tournament starts and win her first tournament with it? I’m not claiming the commentators may have bad information, but I would be shocked if she did make that switch one day before this tournament started. That’s scary to think how well she might soon play once she adjusts to it?

Last edited:

kitsap

Registered
WOW - impressive! Switch to a completely different shaft the day before the tournament starts and win her first tournament with it? I’m not claiming the commentators may have bad information, but I would be shocked if she did make that switch one day before this tournament started. That’s scary to think how well she might soon play once she adjusts to it?

Also this was the first time I had seen her play in competition with a CF shaft. I am sure it had her selection of tip.

During the hot seat match she missed a couple of shots that were very uncharacteristic of her game.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s it....I’m moving.....this tournament was played in Canada, right?

The video is blocked in my country by The Orchard Music....:angry:

What is Orchard Music? And why is it banned in ole Florida?