Schmidty back at it, this time in CA

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know why John Schmidt is not playing at the US Open 14.1 this weekend? It's in his back yard and he's not a bad 1 pocket player.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there you go.
follow the money.
not saying the chalk isnt good but.............................................

I am not sponsored by Taom and been using it over a year. It ia exactly as John says.
Maybe 75% of Finnish players already uae it. Bevause it just works as John told thete..

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes. That would help him. practically no bad contacts. I Have been using Taom over year now and never going back. Our private room gonna get Taom for every table because no mess. Tables stay a lot cleaner.
Would it be asking too much for Taom to offer their chalk in a traditional square cube, so I can use my $50 Kamui magnetic chalk holder with it?

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Lightning has been caught in a bottle on 5/27/19 Johnny did it with a 626 Ball Run !!

Congrats to John Schmidt in being now named Mr 600

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Stolen from the Cornerman...

15D0CF40-7F9E-43BC-AB97-E36A94A6E985.png

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to Mr Straight Pool !!!
exact 100 more , i love it .
Yeah, the 626 will be easy for us to remember, as all straight pool player/lovers already had 526 embedded in to our memory for Willie's high run. I'd be curious as to comments regarding this historic achievement from those Hall of Fame pro players old enough to have competed in 14.1 events in the 60s and 70s, before straight pool died - such as Cool Cat Ray Martin, Mike Sigel, Jim Rempe and Allen Hopkins.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the 626 will be easy for us to remember, as all straight pool player/lovers already had 526 embedded in to our memory for Willie's high run. I'd be curious as to comments regarding this historic achievement from those Hall of Fame pro players old enough to have competed in 14.1 events in the 60s and 70s, before straight pool died - such as Cool Cat Ray Martin, Mike Sigel, Jim Rempe and Allen Hopkins.

Yes Congrats to John for this achievement- but one thing will say for certain - everyone of the 4 people you mention above will tell you that if they holed themselves up for months at a time, just to break this record, every single one of them could have done it. Not taking anything away from John, but I would take any four of the above even money " in their prime" against John in a 1000 point five block 14.1 match in a truly competitive situation. As for Mosconi himself, if there had truly been a big money prize for say running 600 or more, in his prime, he too would have done that no problem. But for now, congrats to a great achievement.

Last edited:

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would have. Could have. Seriously give it a rest. They didn't. John did.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would have. Could have. Seriously give it a rest. They didn't. John did.

He is the only one I know of who made this his sole pool goal as a professional for months at a time - that is my only point - I give him his due for the achievement, they didn't cause they didn't make it a priority in their professional careers- he did make it a priority - no problem telling it like it is- why the beef? Nobody denies he did it.

4pointer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the record is broken ,
by john schmidt .
please , stop the speculations about the past and other names , and give him all the credit he deserves .
keep in stroke everybody