If you had ~$60 for one ‘beginner’ DVD...

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero X Billiards is Tor Lowry's website to buy his material. There are some great bargains on there for digital downloads. I am pretty sure you can get an entire video series for like 30 bucks.

That’s on my radar for sure! I’m wondering if Tor’s material is too advanced for a newbie? I’m talking like building my game from the ground up as if I’d never held a cue. Not looking to go pro but I adore the game and want to be decent at it :)

JackOfNoTrades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I broke down and spent some $ on the book “Poolology - Mastering the Art of Aiming,” by Brian Crist. I saw a video on YouTube about it and it looked pretty solid and down-to-earth, plus it got good reviews on Amazon. I’m sure y’all are familiar with this.

lol Anyway I know y’all aren’t invested in my learning tools, I’m just excited and my wife gets bored when I talk to her about it.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s on my radar for sure! I’m wondering if Tor’s material is too advanced for a newbie? I’m talking like building my game from the ground up as if I’d never held a cue. Not looking to go pro but I adore the game and want to be decent at it :)

you should be good with his material. He builds his entire skill set off of stressing fundamentals and getting the correct stroke.

I would also check out some of Joe Tuckers material as well.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello allhttps://www.bebobpublishing.com/product-p/pat1d.htm,

Like the title says: I’ve got right at $60, and am looking for one good instructional video (DVD) for a beginner. I’ll eventually build a library but right now I’m looking for a single source to get started. I prefer a video because I want to see what’s going on rather than read :smile:

So, if you had $60, what vid would you get for yourself if you were pretty much a beginner?

Thanks in advance for any help!

PAT level 1

https://www.bebobpublishing.com/product-p/pat1d.htm

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m surprised no one mentioned Bob Byrne’s Standard Videos of Pool and Billiards yet. It’s a 6-volume set (two of the six volumes are trick shot videos, though) and complements Jerry’s instructional material very well. It’s kind of hard to come by these days but it’s essential for every aspiring pool player.

I know you said you preferred videos but I would also highly recommend a book by Mark Wilson “Play Great Pool”. It’s a truly great book that will help you get the fundamentals right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: