Pool is struggling

jtrombetta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool in general is really struggling right now but they are not the only ones. Professional golf and even the NFL are having attendance issues. Golf is losing tournament sponserships that have been in place for decades. Unfortunately people can't spend thousands of dollars going to pool tournaments like the US open or stuff like that. I think it's a good problem in a way also. From the people I see post or have talked to in person, they absolutely love DCC and the US open which is still good for the sport. I think alot of people rally together and rent an RV or take their own vehicles instead of paying high prices to fly. We all have to hang in there because pool will survive, it always does.

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
This isn't only on a professional level either. There are many good pools halls out there but there are many that won't invest the money needed to keep the tables up and sponsor local tournaments. We are hurting all around.

Right now I am working with an owner that has 6 nice 8' tables. Well they would be nice if they were level with decent felt. Here is my problem, this guy won't even open his wallet to buy a table brush. My experience should be interesting to say the least.

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
This isn't only on a professional level either. There are many good pools halls out there but there are many that won't invest the money needed to keep the tables up and sponsor local tournaments. We are hurting all around.

Right now I am working with an owner that has 6 nice 8' tables. Well they would be nice if they were level with decent felt. Here is my problem, this guy won't even open his wallet to buy a table brush. My experience should be interesting to say the least.

I would find a different pool hall,preferably one with 9 ft. tables